Is it Possible?

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:54 am

Just a personal observation on this "treat thy enemy with respect" thing. Apparently at McNeese they invite you over for beer and a chance at their daughter; at Bobcat Stadium you're treated with a definite lack of respect; at Raider games in Oakland if you show up in the wrong colors they rip your cloths off right in the parking lot, knock you down and attempt to urinenate on you. While some of this stuff shouldn't be condoned, knowing these things going in allows you to make whatever adjustments are necessary to best protect yourself.

suckitgriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by suckitgriz » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:07 pm

I personally think that the rivalry is healthy and useful for both programs. I think it ups the anti every year. I do have a certain hatred for the jizz and the entire university in that stinky town. I am sorry, but I have had too many bad experiences. I have had many friends play for the jizz, some good guys, some bad. I have taken and given shi*, but there are certain things that I cannot stand. The jiz, mostly their fans, are arrogant beyond belief- I actually had a parent of one of my friends flip me off last year as he was exiting the stadium- classy guy! I had a very negative impression of the game in missoula 2 years ago as well. For you jizz fans to say that our fans are bad is a bunch of bullsh**. Where do you think it originated. When I came to MSU, I loved the Cats, but no where near as much as I do now- I love the Cats so much, partly because of my hatred for the jiz. It is not the team members of your crap program, it's the fans. The majority are a bunch of jerks- My best friend for example, I was in his wedding, is the biggest jackass fan I have ever met- I love the kid, but jackass is the only name that comes to mind when talking on this subject. My only wish is that we keep winning and jizz fans turn out to be loyal fans, not bandwagon. I would not want one solitary fan of the jizz to convert to the "Good Side". Keep them up there- we do not want them. 10-7, 27-20- better luck next year-
LET THE RIVALRY LIVE ON!

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:23 pm

SIG: I agree with you (in reverse) to a point. Not all bobcat fans are a**holes, a loudmouthed minority are however. They are just complacent folks who understand that being 2nd best is better than being nothing at all...I can't stand the bandwagoners either, they disappear with a loss or two. I stood and watched in some awe as your fans and team celebrated their victory in Missoula 2 years ago. Seemed to be genuine joy on your side, something most Griz fans hadn't had in this rivalry in quite some time. 16 years will create that...I think these 2 wins got UM's attention again and we can count on this rivalry stepping up a notch!!

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:56 pm

I have a suggestion, maybe we could start from the top and work down. As an example, Bobcat/Griz game 2002 in Missoula, I was listening to the Griz pregame show and the Griz play by play announcer makes the statement that there are only two things in this world he hates, Democrats and Bobcats. How well does that set the tone for good relations? I have listened to Dean Alexander and Kris Atterberry for many years and these guys are class acts there is no slaming of the Griz. This class act is also protrayed by Coach Kramer. Win or lose he allways has something good to say about his team as well as his opponet. I have never heard him say that he so mad that he cannot speak as Hauck did after last years Bobcat/Griz game. Lets have fun and enjoy each other's company, with a little poor Grizzleys. Cheers.

suckitgriz

Post by suckitgriz » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:05 pm

I disagree completely. I think the fists should come out. Sure Dean and Chris have a job to do and they are classy, unlike the jizz announcers. I heard a comment from them about O.B. that was totally inappropiate- even more reason to hate them. I am not saying that all jizz fans are aweful people, just the majority. I am all for the rivalry to get as bloody as possible while maintaining the integrity of both programs. It helps with competitive recruitment and the truth, not some phony exchange of how we feel about each other. I openly hate the jizz and have no problem saying it. Put up your fists jizz, you are going to need them- HERE COME THE CATS BABY!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:20 pm

The Griz announcer really said he hates Democrats on the air as well? That seems like a good way to turn off a good portion of your audience right there (especially considering the UM and Western Montana demographics).

I've heard enough of those broadcasts, though, that it doesn't surprise me. There have been many classless moments coming through those mics, which is kind of sad (although in all fairness, the classless parts that I have heard came from the former jock whose career is in soda (pop) distribution and not in communications). Some people get off on it, but I assume most look at it as pretty bush league. I'm glad our guys have a long tradition (thanks, Dean!) of class in the booth.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:47 pm

I am all for the rivalry to get as bloody as possible while maintaining the integrity of both programs.
Only a moron would say this...Cat fans should be proud.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

suckitgriz

Post by suckitgriz » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:52 pm

CTOWM- Explain yourself. Like I said, I like the rivalry- it is a fun thing to be a part of and it would not be so enjoyable if we didn't hate each other.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:11 am

suck, I'm assuming you think it's ok when the opposing players get hurt. And you think it's great when the 8th grade graduates start yelling..."eat Sh!t Grizzlies, go cats go", and other obscenities. Meanwhile, the guy with his 11 year old son has to spend the next 10 minutes explaining that it's not good sportsmanship and words like that shouldn't be used. Or, leaving the stadium after the game and wearing a Griz hat brings more words or even fight threats. I'm not defending all Griz fans as I know they can be just as bad. However, you're saying the rivalry should be as bloody as possible. That's why it's a moronic thing to say.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

suckitgriz

Post by suckitgriz » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:10 pm

CTOWM- I apologize if your kid had to hear that- I for one watch what I am saying in front of children. As for the bloody thing, You can olnly take that so serious. For the most part I do like the eat sh** jiz cheer and all of the other stuff that goes with it, but I do not want to see other players getting hurt at all. I hate the jiz, but like I said, I hate their fans worse than the players themselves.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:24 pm

As I've posted in the past, you can't argue with the "eat s**t Grizzlies, go cats go" logic. I, too, find it basically stupid and pointless and an embarassment to the Bozeman area in which I live...but, you can't win a fight with the bobblerats on this point. They find it great and appropriate while the rest of the world sees it as moronic and stupid...go figure! :D

lifeloyalsigmsu
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:55 pm

They find it great and appropriate while the rest of the world sees it as moronic and stupid...go figure!
So are you saying that all Cat fans find this to be appropriate? Nice generalization there like usual. Of course, there's no point in bringing up the classless nature of some Griz fans either. I bet you wouldn't like to hear about that now would you bozgriz? Get off your high horse and quit acting like all Cat fans are classless. Your argument is beyond antiquated. Why don't you post on another topic....?

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:11 pm

:shock:

:shock:

What just thinkin' about the Griz does to most Cats! GO GRIZ!

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:58 am

lifeloyalsigmsu wrote:
They find it great and appropriate while the rest of the world sees it as moronic and stupid...go figure!
So are you saying that all Cat fans find this to be appropriate? Nice generalization there like usual. Of course, there's no point in bringing up the classless nature of some Griz fans either. I bet you wouldn't like to hear about that now would you bozgriz? Get off your high horse and quit acting like all Cat fans are classless. Your argument is beyond antiquated. Why don't you post on another topic....?
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
Right after you justify the stupidity...and yes, after living here for 12 years and hearing it every year, at every cat/Griz game in football or basketball, "cheered" by sections of cat fans, I believe a large portion of cat fans find it appropriate...and nobody has challenged my argument YET! (tune up the "cheer" now...Ready, everyone...) :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^

Mich Griz
New Recruit

Post by Mich Griz » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:52 pm

You folks that are lucky enough to live in Montana are spoiled. I played for the Griz and have some great memories of the Griz Cat games. Trying to keep up with your team when your hundreds of miles away in an area of the country that doesn't even know what 1AA football is, is tough, You should all go to a Satelite party sometime. There isn't any eat s**t griz cheers there. No Bobcats s**k cheers. What there is, is a whole lot of people from Montana wishing they were back home waiting to see a good game. Sometimes sitting right across the table from their rival sharing a red beer and stories of home. I've been to the one at Torrey Pines in Vegas once and the Sports Bar in Chicago several times. We tailgate TOGETHER (Grizzlies and Cats) in the parking lot before going into the bar. The locals think we're crazy but soon get caught up in the Griz Cat fever. I have always respected the Cats and their fans and have even vacationed with a former Cat player several times. We even went to Huntington together to watch the Griz take on the Herd. No he didn't cheer for the Herd. I have scouted for the Cats when they have future oponnents playing teams back here. There is only one game a year I want the Cats to lose. The rest of the time I want them to win. It smacks well for the BSC and Montana. I was in Bozman last Nov and there was a lot of excitment about Bobcat football. A lot of good things happening like tailgating and fans. However I have to agree with Bronco and Bozgriz some of the antics of some (not all) of your fans was a far cry from the spirit found at the satelite parties. I would have been embaressed to have taken a kid to that game and have it be his first exposure to a college football game. I'm sure we have our fair share of jerks but I can't remember hearing blatant organized use of foul language like I experienced in Reno's place. Love your Cats. Rub our noses in the loses but don't disrespect the game the rivalry or you university. Remember there is several thousnad ex patiated Montanians that would love to be in the stands seeing the action first hand. Next Brawl of the Wild will be just that. Go Giz

Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:25 am

I think most normal humans are fans of their team, but relegate that part of their lives to good humor.
But there are exceptions. I was at the Cat Griz game last fall and saw several people (mostly Bobcats) that looked like they wanted to fight. I look at that as sad. A few years back in Missoula a (girl) friend (well more of an acquaintence) of mine got so under the skin of this middle age Bobcat that he took a swing at her. Lucky for him he missed and the girl seemed to just want the confrontation to end.
My point is, to my way of thinking there is damn little that is worth getting that worked up over....least of all a football game played by kids. In victory you should needle your rival with humor...in defeat you should accept the needling with humor. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Anyways, thats my two cents. About one cent really after you take out taxes and adjust for inflation.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:04 pm

Mich Griz: Amen to your observations about the satellite parties. They are a great time, and people honestly don't care what color you are wearing -- people just like to meet everyone else and have a good time. They are great experiences.

It's great at the East Bay (San Leandro) party in that our group is probably 10 times larger than any of the other rivalry weekend groups, and this is a bar that caters to all of these groups. The Florida/Florida State and Ohio State/Penn State people are always shocked by all of the UM and MSU colors that show up. For one moment, at one place (well, a lot more actually, but this is the only one I have seen personally) in the country, the Cat/Griz game is "big time," even when compared with the legitimately "big" programs.

lifeloyalsigmsu

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:14 pm

Right after you justify the stupidity...and yes, after living here for 12 years and hearing it every year, at every cat/Griz game in football or basketball, "cheered" by sections of cat fans, I believe a large portion of cat fans find it appropriate...and nobody has challenged my argument YET! (tune up the "cheer" now...Ready, everyone...)
Justify what stupidity? That's your experience so how can it be justified whether it happened or not? You are a fan of the griz so of course you are going to have your bias and notions. If you have lived in Bozeman for the past 12 years, why are you bitching? You have witnessed the Cats lose every single year with the exception of the last 2. My experience from 1993-2000 while living in Bozeman revealed a slew of classless griz fans in a number that was comparable to Cat fans who acted the same. I guess in the same manner, why don't you justify the classlessness of griz fans since that's what some of my experience has been.

Your argument is antiquated so why not let it go?

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed

neverplayed
BobcatNation Redshirt

Bobby Hauck is Arrogant AH

Post by neverplayed » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:54 pm

As a matter of fact he has spoken quite elliquently about how montana can support two high quality teams, and for MSU to succeed we do not have to hope Montana fails (except for the Cat/griz game) I have always been impressed by that. The one possible exception to this rule has been the mention of the comment Hauck made about MSU being called only "State", that did not go over well with Kramer and he let it be known.

Bobby Hauck is a graduate of the Rick Neuheisel school of "arrogance & bad taste!" Until Hauck grows up and begins to show he is more than mouth, and is a real coach, Montana will never be considered a "class" organization.

Take that to the bank from a Griz (and Cat) fan.

“HE IS RICHEST WHO IS CONTENT WITH THE LEAST, FOR CONTENT IS THE WEALTH OF NATURE.”--SOCRATES

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobby Hauck is Arrogant AH

Post by catatac » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:01 am

neverplayed wrote:As a matter of fact he has spoken quite elliquently about how montana can support two high quality teams, and for MSU to succeed we do not have to hope Montana fails (except for the Cat/griz game) I have always been impressed by that. The one possible exception to this rule has been the mention of the comment Hauck made about MSU being called only "State", that did not go over well with Kramer and he let it be known.

Bobby Hauck is a graduate of the Rick Neuheisel school of "arrogance & bad taste!" Until Hauck grows up and begins to show he is more than mouth, and is a real coach, Montana will never be considered a "class" organization.

Take that to the bank from a Griz (and Cat) fan.
Finally, a Griz fan who recognizes that. In Bobby's defense though, I honestly think that he acts the way he does sometimes because he thinks the fans expect it. After Joe Glenn's team lost to the Cats for the first time, he was ripped on for being gracious about the loss. Bobby wanted it to be known that he was bitter about it and that he hated the Cats as much as the rest of the fans!!! He's a puppet. My $.02. 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!