Is it Possible?

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:17 am

Agree...Griz fans were not happy that Joe Glenn was almost passive after the loss. They want the loss to acknowledged as a bad thing for the Griz and he didn't do that. Bobby is simply over the top the other direction. I think there are a lot of cat fans out there who are fishing for compliments from BH and that will probably never happen. (even if they are deserved)

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:52 am

Is that a sign of a lack of self-confidence/defensiveness on the part of BH? Being gracious in defeat isn't simply a matter of saying the words -- it's also a confidence that it isn't the end of the world. As a young coach, everything might seem like a potential end of the world. If he survives in the profession for a few more years, I am sure he will turn into more of a diplomat of the game.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:03 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:Is that a sign of a lack of self-confidence/defensiveness on the part of BH? Being gracious in defeat isn't simply a matter of saying the words -- it's also a confidence that it isn't the end of the world. As a young coach, everything might seem like a potential end of the world. If he survives in the profession for a few more years, I am sure he will turn into more of a diplomat of the game.
Exactly. The other example is when he publicly complained about how hard the Grizzly up-coming schedule will be, and complained about the possibility of having to bus to Portland. It comes off sounding like he's preparing excuses for the losses when they come. When th ecoaching staff has concerns like these, it's fine to discuss them behind closed doors, but to the media and to the players, they should just take the "This is the hand we're dealt and we're going do our best." route.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

bronco
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bronco » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:07 pm

Good Post MichGriz,

I keep hearing that Coach Bobby said you're not worthy of being called Montana. I've asked before if someone can post a link to a newspaper article so I can read for myself. Missoulian...Bozeman...Gt falls paper? Anyone...anyone?
I try to read everything Griz but maybe I missed this story. So many say it's so... it must be true. Thanks in advance.

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:07 pm

Yes, and if anyone wanted to go to the Missoulian web page and do a search of the archives on Hauck, one of the 1st articles which would pop up would be of Hauck giving credit to Western Ill. Defense for their win last year in the playoffs.................so much for baby hauck ALWAYS blaming players and NEVER giving credit where credit is due.......

I'm sick of this crap.........time for the Griz to wipe the cats butts and stick it in their noses again!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:21 pm

VictorG wrote:Yes, and if anyone wanted to go to the Missoulian web page and do a search of the archives on Hauck, one of the 1st articles which would pop up would be of Hauck giving credit to Western Ill. Defense for their win last year in the playoffs.................so much for baby hauck ALWAYS blaming players and NEVER giving credit where credit is due.......

I'm sick of this crap.........time for the Griz to wipe the cats butts and stick it in their noses again!
Settle down Vic... :shock: You Griz fans are precious. For 16 years we endured the constant arrogance, criticism, belittling, put-downs, etc. It's fun getting kicked over and over again when you're down... especially by a group of fans where the majority are band-wagon fans and don't even have an affiliation with the University! :x But we took it all in, knowing that the tables would eventually turn. It looks like the tables are turning. You're sick of this crap??? A little criticism about your new HEAD COACH? :? Cry me a river. Bobby Hauck is a baby and has alot to learn about being a head football coach at this level. That's the truth and if it bothers you that much to hear it, you're definitely going to struggle when things really turn ugly for the Griz. The days in the sun don't last forever. :lol: You are right about one thing though - if the Griz do happen to squeak by the Cats this year (doubtful), I'm sure you're post is dead on and the Griz fans will all be lined up to rub our noses in it. Good Luck, and may Baby Hack continue to mature during the up-coming season! :lol:

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:24 pm

And what is all this bandwagoner talk out of msu lately? It would seem to me that up until last year, msu's mascot was an empty stadium seat! I have been a loyal Griz fan since I was old enough to hum the fight song and I find it hard to believe that you can make that argument...how about something to prove your point??? :shock:

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:43 pm

Talk about precious, look at the 2003 Booby tailgate pics I found on Catatac's web site...

Looks like yall had a great time, and yes, MUCH better tailgateing than ya had 2002. Hope to make it to the some 2005 Booby tailgateing.
:wink:

What just thinkin' about the Griz does to most Cats! GO GRIZ!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:07 am

Bozgriz wrote:And what is all this bandwagoner talk out of msu lately? It would seem to me that up until last year, msu's mascot was an empty stadium seat! I have been a loyal Griz fan since I was old enough to hum the fight song and I find it hard to believe that you can make that argument...how about something to prove your point??? :shock:
What proof do you need? Are you saying that the 23,000 folks that regularly fill your stadium, would all still be there if you went 0 & 11? Or even 5 & 6? Thousands of those griz "Fans" are only there because of how dominant the Griz have been lately, which is fine, I'm not saying that someone has to have gone to school at a place in order to like the team, but when those people slam the Bobcats and insult the school and the team and rub in how good the Griz are, it's annoying as hell. :evil:

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:43 am

catatac wrote:You Griz fans are precious. For 16 years we endured the constant arrogance, criticism, belittling, put-downs, etc.
And for the past 2 years Cat fans have been doing the same thing. What's your point? I like how you put Cat fans on a pedestal and rip on how arrogant Griz fans are. You make it sound like Griz fans are the only classless ones around. That the only reason Washington-Grizzly stadium is filled is because of bandwagons.

All teams have bad and good fans along with bandwagons. The Griz have lots of reasons to be proud, yet you call it arrogance. When Cat fans are proud, it's ok.

You hypocrite.
Last edited by Cat-theotherwhitemeat on Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:54 pm

catatac wrote:
Bozgriz wrote:And what is all this bandwagoner talk out of msu lately? It would seem to me that up until last year, msu's mascot was an empty stadium seat! I have been a loyal Griz fan since I was old enough to hum the fight song and I find it hard to believe that you can make that argument...how about something to prove your point??? :shock:
What proof do you need? Are you saying that the 23,000 folks that regularly fill your stadium, would all still be there if you went 0 & 11? Or even 5 & 6? Thousands of those griz "Fans" are only there because of how dominant the Griz have been lately, which is fine, I'm not saying that someone has to have gone to school at a place in order to like the team, but when those people slam the Bobcats and insult the school and the team and rub in how good the Griz are, it's annoying as hell. :evil:
Lately???? Define lately...We have had winning teams every year for the past 13 or more! Yeah, winning breeds interest but I don't see a bandwagon following for the Griz. Unless you are referring to the large following the team has on road trips as well, sometimes outnumbering the home team (EWU comes to mind).

Hey, how about GrizNation??? On second thought no, that sounds stupid! (Just kidding BAC, relax, it was a joke buddy!)

Like I've said before, cat fans hate the Griz with a passion I can only guess comes with Griz envy. Deny it, start your chant, etc...But it appears to be the case, and I understand that. Winners create hatred and envy. So we will continue to be the "evil empire" and leave it at that...

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:02 pm

Catatac, guess you finally had to have the multioptipupiloptomy walleye thing tended to, must have found the right man for the rout. Heres hopeing ya heal up before kickoff!

:shock: :wink: :shock:

What just thinkin' about the Griz does to most Cats! GO GRIZ!

VictorG

Post by VictorG » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:21 am

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
catatac wrote:
VictorG wrote: You Griz fans are precious. For 16 years we endured the constant arrogance, criticism, belittling, put-downs, etc.
And for the past 2 years Cat fans have been doing the same thing. What's your point? I like how you put Cat fans on a pedestal and rip on how arrogant Griz fans are. You make it sound like Griz fans are the only classless ones around. That the only reason Washington-Grizzly stadium is filled is because of bandwagons.

All teams have bad and good fans along with bandwagons. The Griz have lots of reasons to be proud, yet you call it arrogance. When Cat fans are proud, it's ok.

You hypocrite.
whitemeat.........please fix your quote marks on your last post...VictorG is a GRIZ fan. You got the wrong poster there. I'm already getting sick to my stomach just seeing that verbal garbage being associated with my handle!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:37 pm

VictorG,
Please accept my sincere apologies. :oops: I knew you were a Griz fan. I see you on egriz all the time.

It's just those.....Cats! I...I....HATE EM'!!!! So many cats, so few recipe's.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

VictorG

Post by VictorG » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:45 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:VictorG,
Please accept my sincere apologies. :oops: I knew you were a Griz fan. I see you on egriz all the time.

It's just those.....Cats! I...I....HATE EM'!!!! So many cats, so few recipe's.
That's O.K................I knew it was just a matter of deleting to many/not enough spaces from the last quote. It's hard sometimes to determine how much stuff you need to delete from a CAT FANS quote!!!

I'd delete them all except one out of about every 20 has something half way interesting!!!

VictorG

Post by VictorG » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:48 pm

Bozgriz wrote:Agree...Griz fans were not happy that Joe Glenn was almost passive after the loss. They want the loss to acknowledged as a bad thing for the Griz and he didn't do that.
I really liked Glen up until that statement.......After that, to H?ll with him!!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:10 am

Its not called being passive. Its called being classy and a good sport! Booby Hauck has a lot to learn.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:21 am

Well, I guess that means you had 16 years of classy then...Please be serious! Two words: Cliff Hysell... :P

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:35 am

Cliff Hysell? annnnnd? what do you have to say about him? He's a hell of a nice guy and is going through a very rough time right now (7th neck/back surgery). He'd go through hot lava in his bare feet for the Bobcat program. He had some very nice teams with Compson/Hobbs and co. He is the one who recruited Corey Smith/Corderio/Montoya/Neil Smith/Swaggert etc. I think Kramer and him both are deserving of being the architects that help rebuild the MSU program.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:52 am

You know Cat Fans are a different breed than Griz Fans. Unlike the Griz fans who turned on Joe Glen two seconds after he left we do not feel a need to hate our ex-coaches. Hysell may not have been the best coach the Cats ever had, but we still repect the person and reconise what he has brought to the probram, university and state, beyond wins and loses. Hysell was not as pretty as Glenn but he was a very classy person