bobcatNation.com changes name

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

goGriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

bobcatNation.com changes name

Post by goGriz » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:07 pm

I figured since about 80% of the posts on this message board somehow mention the G riz maybe you should consider changing the name to bobcatfanswhowishtheyweregrizfans.com. I think that would be much more representative of the general attitude by posters on this board. Is it really so bad in Bozeman that you have to spend all of your time discussing G riz football?
Last edited by goGriz on Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:53 am

Well by your logic egriz.com can now become ecat.com, since 80% of messages on that smack talk board mention MSU. By the way, for all the "G riz Envy" talk you guys spout off when any Bobcat fan dares to post a message at egriz, there sure are a lot of G riz fans already posting consistently over here!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:55 am

Or perhaps since about 75% of all those posts that mention the griz are from griz fans on a Bobcat board maybe the new slogan should be "The Home for Bobcat Fans and Griz fans Who Still Can't Understand Why They Aren't the Best Team in the State Anymore." Nah, too long.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:27 am

The one that won the most games? Thats easy to do when you don't play away from your stadium during preseason games don't you think? So I wouldn't even talk about record as at least the Bobcats have the guts to go play teams at their place. That makes for a tougher/more coherent team in my opinion. Maybe thats why we have owned you guys the last 2 years. Just something to think about. But hey, I know you guys need to make up that 1 million dollar deficit you guys created from smooozing recruits. I'm just loving that all this is coming out finally :)

2002/2003 BIG SKY CHAMPS! Nuf SAID!

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:12 am

Yeah, good argument! If memory serves correctly...and it does...the last Griz postseason win was in 2002, last national championship was 2001. Consecutive playoff string, too many for me to remember. I just plan on playoff games in December. Hey cat guys, time to tuck that 1984 t-shirt back in the drawer and go get a new one... :shock:
Last edited by Bozgriz on Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:16 am

I love the Griz fans are coming on this board with pictures of themselves wearing their State shirts! I told you they were all bandwagon fans. They are jumping on the CATS wagon for sure!!! :)

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:20 am

BearBAC: I just have to ask... are you a rodeo cowboy, or at least a big rodeo fan?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:45 am

BearBAC: Okay, so we've established that your username/handle/alter ego is not based on anything to do with rodeo, as you aren't a fan or participant of that sport/hobby/whatever.

You should know that the only other commonly used use of the expression "bareback" that I am aware of relates to... how to say this in a family setting... a couple of fellas walking the dog without wrapping the salami.

Now, if you want to keep your username as is, that's fine with me. It would just be kind of funny if you did, assuming you didn't already know that.

bronco
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bronco » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:59 am

bac,
What's the deal. I tried to post a new topic last night and it doesn't show up. I know you wouldn't change someones post or not allow them to post a new topic...would you?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:03 am

bronco: Clever, you pulled a photo of me from my website. No, I didn't delete this last night, but someone else may have.

Now the question... why? Is there a point to this, other than to try (unsuccessfully, unfortunately) to annoy me?

Why not post a picture of yourself -- mine is already in the public domain, so you're not really advancing anything new.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

bronco
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bronco » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:18 am

My topic that I think might have been deleted was on the subject of is "it possible for us to get along or is there now too much bad blood?" When it wasn't posted I was of course thinking those dirts rats.
I save everything and years ago you posted your web site on the big sky board. I keep things because you never know when something can come in handy. Don't worry I won't post your mom with a state shirt.
I'll try again to post the new topic.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:32 am

So you saved my website thinking that someday you could use it against me (assuming you meant that in a negative way as you don't sound like you are checking it periodically to see if any new interesting content is posted that you might enjoy)? That's just friggin' bizarre. By the way, the site is attached to my user profile, so you don't really have to work as hard as you did to dig up... whatever... on me. Everybody has access to it. My theory is that I am not trying to hide who I am or what I am about. That forces me to "keep it real" as the kids would say. Others, of course, hide behind handles and act in ways that they probably wouldn't act if they felt accountable for their actions. I don't believe in that.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:57 am

bronco, just to let you know I didn't delete the post either. Unless rtb did it I would chalk it up to user error or a glitch in the matrix.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:58 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:BearBAC: Okay, so we've established that your username/handle/alter ego is not based on anything to do with rodeo, as you aren't a fan or participant of that sport/hobby/whatever.

You should know that the only other commonly used use of the expression "bareback" that I am aware of relates to... how to say this in a family setting... a couple of fellas walking the dog without wrapping the salami.

Now, if you want to keep your username as is, that's fine with me. It would just be kind of funny if you did, assuming you didn't already know that.

Bareback .. now thats funny. Maybe its a slang granola term they use in Missoula :)
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pikuni Kyi-yo
New Recruit

Post by Pikuni Kyi-yo » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:13 pm

MSU01 wrote:Well by your logic egriz.com can now become ecat.com, since 80% of messages on that smack talk board mention MSU.
Don't flatter yourself. Of the 155 threads on the egriz smack board, roughly 58 are 'griz/cat' smack. More like 37%. Of those, 38 were started by scat fans. Or 65%.
Last edited by Pikuni Kyi-yo on Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:28 pm

Oh my goodness, you have too much free time on your hands. Upon further review, you've got a Delaware fan who starts a whole bunch of threads and some Georgia Southern fans too... my bad. I'll e-mail the moderators and see if we can get that name change done.

And, of course, how many of the threads on this smack board were started by Griz fans? Jeez, get over yourselves.
Last edited by MSU01 on Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.