Grizzly Smack

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Grizzly Smack

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:59 pm

Since this is the Smack Board, just wanted to show the Cat fans how most Griz fans view themselves. Here's a quote taken off of a website called egriz.com:

"6500 fans average and you're bragging about it? That's pathetic! That's a good High School crowd.

This is exactly why I say Montana should get out of the Big Sky. We are grouped with a bunch of loser programs that aren't supported by a fan base. The Big Sky is going to drag us down to their level because they have shown they don't really want to put forth the effort to rise to our level. There's no going up from where we are now, we've reached the pinnacle of our program in the Big Sky. The only place to go now is down. And I'll bet if we stay in the Big Sky and have a few average seasons we'll be averaging ten thousand fans too. And leading the League at that figure. "

Anybody else ever get sick of hearing about how many people attend the Griz games? Neat, great, your stadium holds alot of people, we understand that, congratulations. How many of them are bandwagon fans? Alot. Does that make the football team better? No. I hate always having to remind them that their elite, pinnacle, top of 1AA program got beat by a division II school last year. :cry:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:29 pm

Re-read your post...appears to me that the bandwagon issue is covered with the 10,000 fans statement. Amazing that you can find fault with over 23,000 seats filled. Heck, that's about your season average for a year when you don't host the cat/griz game! You're tired of hearing about the G R I Z because they are the premier program in the conference and one of the top 5 in 1-AA. Truth hurts... :D

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Grizzly Smack

Post by VictorG » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:35 pm

catatac wrote: Anybody else ever get sick of hearing about how many people attend the Griz games?
Nope, never. How many was that anyway? 24,000+. Thanks for reminding us that we haven't talked about it enough lately! :lol:

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:54 pm

tailgates=place where stadium fans go at halftime to drink and visit friends and family, bobcats see=home. G R I Z envy is everywhere!! 8)
Last edited by Bozgriz on Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:25 pm

Bozgriz wrote:Re-read your post...appears to me that the bandwagon issue is covered with the 10,000 fans statement. Amazing that you can find fault with over 23,000 seats filled. Heck, that's about your season average for a year when you don't host the cat/griz game! You're tired of hearing about the G R I Z because they are the premier program in the conference and one of the top 5 in 1-AA. Truth hurts... :D
Seem to be alot of you hanging out on this site! That's cool! 8) Regarding you reply, you're not paying attention. I did NOT find fault with you guys having 23,000 seats filled for your games, in fact I think it's awesome and yes, I think it would be cool if we currently had a fan base and stadium that would support those numbers! The fault I find, as I stated, is with the constant bragging about it. We all know... you more than double us in attendance - Great, we're jealous. Give it a rest. Like I said, it doesn't mean a thing when it comes down to the 22 players on the field - as NDSU showed you last year. :shock: So, go ahead and keep bragging that you're one of the "premier 1AA football programs in the country" and that your stadium is the best in the country and you bring more people to the home games than anyone else in the country. Meanwhile, we'll just continue to beat you. :lol: :lol: :lol: You got us in several categories, but it’s been a couple years since you could say that you had the best football team in the state – and that just makes you guys fuming mad. Face it, the 16 year streak went to your heads and spoiled you. If you don’t see that, you’re still looking at the world through rose (or maroon) colored glasses my friend. OK, I’ll hop off my soapbox now…

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:59 pm

off smack...

:wink:

What just thinkin' about the Griz does to most Cats! GO GRIZ!

rtb

Funny

Post by rtb » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:47 pm

eRat-a-Cat-er - Funny! At least your pictures are creative and take some time to put together. But really what does it from me with all your posts is the signature, game day does say it all. My favorite recent game day that said it wall was November 22, 2003.

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:54 pm

rtb, Its nice that you were able to determine a favorite recent game day. For me its a bit more difficult, narrowing down the memorable games is nearly impossible, let me see..
10-25-1986
10-31-1987
11-05-1988
11-04-1989
10-27-1990
11-02-1991
10-24-1992
11-13-1993
11-19-1994
11-18-1995
11-23-1996
11-22-1997
11-21-1998
11-20-1999
11-18-2000
11-17-2001

not quite as recent, however, my favorite memorable game day(s) that said it all.

Enjoy,
:wink:

rtb

Funny

Post by rtb » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:19 pm

How did I know that you would throw that back at me? Oh yeah because I thought of a tiny creative little dig and you couldn't think of anything else.

Just kiddin', it is all in good fun for me. If you think of a more creative dig let me know.

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:02 am

rtb, whatsa matter? If you knew it would be my response then psychologically, after 16 years, you must be programmed to wanna hear it. Why else would you prompt for this reply? Just doin my bit to maintain and improve Booby cat mental health.

As we both know - real world reality can be a real biotch! Ya get what ya ask for!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:32 am

To all Cat fans. Doesn't it just pump you up that the Premier Super Duper Fantastic team in 1-A (Top team of all time .... in every galaxy .. far far away) has lost 2 games in a row to STATE! I JUST LOVE IT!

And their stadium seats 23,000! WOW .. That just excites me! Add some more sections to your stadium by next year (30,000) and that will make your team even the 'bestest' of the best. A true super duper team.

Oh wait, you lost again to the Cats. So sorry.

THE MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY (2002/2003 -> BIG SKY CHAMPS).

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:06 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

--------------------------------------------------
IR2MPP,