Buffs

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Buffs

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:28 pm

So, it cracks me up to think that if Jackson State would have been in the FCS playoffs (they don’t compete in the playoffs), they wouldn’t have made it past the second round, yet Coach Sanders is thinking that by taking half of that team to Colorado they are going to win in the Pac-12…..He is going to be lucky to get 5 years in Colorado. I just don’t see it.

Punters are people too!!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Buffs

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:52 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:28 pm
So, it cracks me up to think that if Jackson State would have been in the FCS playoffs (they don’t compete in the playoffs), they wouldn’t have made it past the second round, yet Coach Sanders is thinking that by taking half of that team to Colorado they are going to win in the Pac-12…..He is going to be lucky to get 5 years in Colorado. I just don’t see it.
Yep.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:52 pm

It's questionable as to whether the Jackson State transfers (apart from Travis Hunter) will be good enough to play in the Pac-12, but he has also signed the #13 high school WR, #8 high school RB, and #1 JC OT according to ESPN's rankings. Most of the rankings I've seen put their overall recruiting class around 40th overall and in the middle of the Pac 12. He'll have some talent there, so I don't think it's a given by any means that he'll fail - but it won't be an instant rebuild either and I wonder how much patience he and the boosters will have when he's not contending for championships in Year 1 like he did at JSU.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:00 am

SWAC is not equal to PAC12, he has brought in some talent at CU, but at JSU he had talent over and above the rest of the SWAC, plus JSU has history of being one of the better SWAC teams and having a high relative attendance. He was able to bring in financial support to JSU also. The advantages he had in the SWAC were huge.

CU in the PAC12 is a whole different dynamic. He may be able to bring in support & talent to CU, but he wont be head and shoulders above the rest of the conference like he was at JSU. Now he is going to have to have some real coaching to even compete, I know he has brought in coaches too, so it will be interesting, personally I think he will struggle.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:32 am

It's the pac. Who the hell watches that crap anyway? If, and that's a big if, they get a media contract they'll be the after dark weekday game after the Mountain West Game of the Week.

That said, the Colorado equivalent of dUMb will in all probability win the conference and get curb stomped in a bowl by a Big 12 team.