Given your grasp of the English language, I could easily see you making this error….HookedOnGriz wrote: ↑Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:31 pmThese are simple examples (and there are plenty more) where British English uses an “S” over a “Z”.TomCat88 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:28 pmYour reference to the z-s transfer is in triplicate and doesn’t apply to the gris-griz sample. Does not equate.HookedOnGriz wrote: ↑Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:23 amBritish English uses materialise, realise, visualise, etc. They use an “s” often times where we use a “z”. The tennis players were foreign European players spelling Griz with an “S”. I was more surprised when people started making fun of it here and on social media.TomCat88 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:53 amInteresting. I like word origins and alternate spellings, etc. I’ll have to look that one up. I’ve seen other words that sound like or the same as grizzly, like gristly and grisly.HookedOnGriz wrote: ↑Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:21 amThose are all fair statements TomCat. I do disagree, however, with the “Gris” spelling that seems to have caught on. In true Old English foundations from England, there is no “z” used and instead z is replaced with an “s”. These were European tennis players who play for the Griz who spelled it their old-school way. They obviously made a “funny” but it was taken completely out of context by some over here who truly have no idea.TomCat88 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:39 pmPretty good summary. Yes, iaafan should’ve double checked the numbers first. You have to admit, however, that it may have been easy to jump the gun considering that it doesn’t seem like anything that wouldn’t happen at UM based on the fact that a, I assume, student-athlete misspelled Griz in the snow and it was tweeted out by, I assume, someone else within the athletic department. Hauck tried to get a hashtag trending, but didn’t know (maybe he didn’t care) that you can’t use just hyphens and numbers with the # and then several other coaches retweeted it. (Kinda like what happened here) Teachers seem to be in hot water endlessly. Just seems like something goes haywire over there every so often. When I first saw this thread I bought what he said without a second thought. Bad on me, but I was just swept up by the trend. Then couple all this with the fact that everyone on this board is just waiting to see something like this about UM (same as what everyone on egriz is doing). We should all know better. I’m glad you got your money’s worth out of this though. At least something good came out of it.HookedOnGriz wrote: ↑Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:58 pmLet’s recap for those watching at home:
- iaafan (who is now in hiding after starting such a ****** burger and realizing she/her completely screwed the pooch) posted a tweet from Hauck and stated that Hauck and Griz are trying to get sanctioned by the NCAA
- what iaafan failed to realize (even though a 2nd grader could have figured it out) is that the tweet was actual, factual, and legitimately showed the current record for Cat-Griz games
- many of his minions, including Cataholic and Rich K and others, naturally assumed their triple boosted, triple masked leader could not be wrong and so they too went with what a disastrous tweet this was for Hauck and company
- iaafan takes it to the next level by showcasing just how unnaturally large her vagina really is and 100% reports this mistaken infraction to the NCAA hoping and praying that it will teach Hauck (who literally lives rent free in his head 24/7) a real lesson this time
- cataholic then follows blindly and supports something that isn’t true at all by making post after post after post about how pompous this is by Hauck and how it is the violation of the century (also showcasing his painful and very real case of Hauckitis who lives in his head 24/7 as well)
- cataholic takes it even further, doing what he does best, and starts a pissing match with his fellow posters. That makes it officially 1,287 different pissing matches that Cataholic has instigated with his fellow fans over here
- hookedongriz stops by to lend a helping hand and to try and show iaafan and Cataholic and others the error of their ways and just how bad they messed this up
- they stick to their guns initially, because well Bobby.
- then some level headed Cats fans point out that Hooked is correct, that Bobby simply updated the actual record to accurately reflect the ass kicking that the cats took in Missoula in November. They pointed out that no infraction occurred and sat in disbelief (much like hooked) that such pussies could be on their site and in their own fan base
- once Cataholic realized what a dumb ass he truly is, he backpedaled….as hard and as far as he possibly could to try and make it sound like it was set up as a troll job all along to rile up Griz fans
- only Cataholic forgets that all of his posts on the subject are ready and available for examination of truth. Let’s take a quick look at these just to show what a lying, desperate ****** tard he really is:
Cataholic quotes from this thread:
- “It is pretty straightforward. Here is the actual NCAA language from the sanction of UM:
Pursuant to NCAA Bylaws 126.96.36.199-(e)-(2) and 188.8.131.52, the institution will vacate all wins in which student-athletes 1 and 2 competed while ineligible during the 2011 football regular season. Further, the institution's participation in the 2011 NCAA Division I FCS championship shall be vacated. The individual records of student-athletes 1 and 2 shall be vacated as well. Further, the institution's records regarding football, as well as the record of the head coach will reflect the vacated records and will be recorded in all publications in which football records for the 2011 season are reported, including, but not limited to institutional media guides, recruiting material, electronic and digital media plus institutional, conference and NCAA archives.”
- “Bobby’s actions could easily be portrayed as an FU to the NCAA.”
- “Dumb move though. Definitely will not make a positive impression with the organization that regulates your school.”
- “Hmmm…. So the original 72 wins that was crossed out was a typo by the UM media staff? That is even funnier!”
(That one there was my absolute favorite as it showed in great detail that Cataholic was very, very, very, confused with what Hauck and company did in that tweet )
- “No question it is trivial and I highly doubt sanctions are at risk! However, it could easily be perceived as a slight to the NCAA. Just dumb.”
And finally, once he realizes the error of his ways FINALLY and after fellow Cats fans corroborate that he is a dumb ass, he goes to the back pedal
- “What is really funny is that you actually thought a Cat fan would report something so trivial to the NCAA. Now that is triggered! And to go to your rivals board to SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT - Now that is triggered!”
Oh this is a post that will go down in history. One to be passed on to future Griz on how sad, pathetic, and downright special some Cats fans can be when it comes to Bobby and the Griz.
Someone please check on iaafan and make sure she’s okay. I’m guessing after the berating the ncaa gave her for wasting their time, she may be on a ledge somewhere….or unmasking at a grocery store. Oh the humanity!
My work is done here…..have a good night and be sure to tip your waitress. Or punch Cataholic square in the fat face for me, that would work too.
Update: gris is French for gray, which is the color of grizzly bears. Spanish also spells gray gris. I never even knew grizzly was a reference to a color in English.
Do you honestly think and believe (for a second) that English and European tennis players, who play for the Griz, and who are Griz, would ACCIDENTALLY spell Griz with an “S”. Can you honestly come to a conclusion that this was not done on purpose? That 100% does not equate. Common sense can go a very long ways in life.
And I am sure your enrollment is skyrocketing with that type of tweet! Go Gris…