The Definition of Insanity in Milwaukee

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

The Definition of Insanity in Milwaukee

Post by John K » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:13 pm

By now, I'm sure everyone has heard about the Milwaukee Bucks hiring Doc Rivers as their new coach. For the life of me, I can't understand why that guy keeps getting coaching jobs, despite being the biggest choke artist in NBA history. He's probably coached more superstars than any other NBA coach this side of Pat Riley and Phil Jackson, and yet his teams choke 3-2 or even 3-1 leads in the playoffs year after year after year, with multiple teams, and with multiple superstars on each of those teams. Now you can add two more superstars to the long list who have failed to win, with Doc as their coach. The Bucks GM must not be familiar with the age old definition of insanity....hiring the same guy who has choked time after time, and expecting different results for some unexplainable reason.

He won one championship, 16 years ago, with three superstars in the prime of their careers. then went to the Finals again two years later, and choked a 3-2 games lead against the Lakers in Game 7, a game in which the Celtics had a 15 point lead midway through the 4th quarter. He always uses the excuse that Kendrick Perkins was injured, as the reason they lost to the Lakers. Kendrick Perkins??? The guy with career averages of 5.4 points and 5.8 rebounds? To hear Doc tell it, he was more like Wilt, Russell, Kareem, and Shaq all rolled into one.

He has blown a 3-1 series lead 3 times. No other coach in NBA history has ever blown a 3-1 lead more than once, and it's happened only 13 times in NBA history. In 19 playoff appearances, his teams have only made it out of the 2nd round three times, and those three times were all with the Celtics from 2008-2012. In potential series clinching wins, his record is 16-33. Again, how in the world would any NBA GM think that Doc is the guy who is gonna take their team to an NBA championship? I'm a Lakers fan, and I'm afraid the Bucks have just cleared an easy path for the Celtics to reach the finals, and potentially win an 18th championship, which would give them one more than the Lakers. After choking yet again last season with the Sixers. I thought finally NBA people would quit drinking the Doc Kool-Aid, and he'd be lucky to find a job coaching a middle school girls team in Alaska, but I guess I was wrong.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Definition of Insanity in Milwaukee

Post by RickRund » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:23 pm

Yes, very strange. A record of 31-13 and the coach is gone. Probably more than we can see here but then to hire Rivers???

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: The Definition of Insanity in Milwaukee

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:42 pm

Good post John K!
One thing we can almost always count on from you is that you’re passionate opinionated and well informed, this was no exception.

The eternal optimist in me says maybe this time will be different, or maybe I’m just a little bit crazy. :lol:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!