Cooper Kupp

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Cooper Kupp

Post by John K » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:19 pm

I just wanted to give a shout out to BSC alum Cooper Kupp. He was leading the NFL in receptions, yards, and TD's after week 9, and I'm sure he still is after week 10, even though the Rams (my favorite NFL team) suffered a beatdown by the 49ers on MNF. Kupp had 11 catches for 122 yards, and was the only bright spot on a dismal night for LA. He's the best receiver in the NFL this year, and is on pace for an historic season. Watching him play at EWU, anyone could see that he'd be playing on Sundays, but I never imagined that he'd turn out to be this good. Kendrick Bourne, who played at EWU with Kupp from 2013-2016, is also having a very good season. They just seem to have a never ending pipeline, filled with talented skill position players. They've had great QB and WR for a couple of decades now, going back to Eric Meyer and Eric Kimble in the early to mid 2000's.
Last edited by John K on Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cooper Kupp

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:17 am

Pretty amazing this guy got overlooked by the entire FBS.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:40 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:17 am
And most of FCS....

Quite a few years ago I heard a story that we wanted to go to UM, but Mick Delaney didn't offer him because he was too slow.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:16 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:40 am
91catAlum wrote:
And most of FCS....

Quite a few years ago I heard a story that we wanted to go to UM, but Mick Delaney didn't offer him because he was too slow.
Not to mention all the NFL teams that passed on him in the draft. Wish my Vikings would have taken him!

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:40 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:16 pm
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
And most of FCS....

Not to mention all the NFL teams that passed on him in the draft. Wish my Vikings would have taken him!
Yeah they all passed on him at least once, he was drafted at the start of the 3rd round. I was begging that my team(Titans) would take him. Nope they drafted Corey Davis in the 1st round and he’s not even on their roster any more.

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:54 pm

RAM fan here since probably 1953... I remember going onto a few Ram sites and many wondering why they would go after that Cupp guy from some little college in Washington. I just told them sit back and enjoy him...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:44 pm

wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
And most of FCS....

I can tell you for a fact that former Griz. Mike Tilleman, who played in the NFL with Cooper Cupps' grandfather Jake, was definitely pushing for Cooper to play at UM. I know this because I was in Mikes office when he took a call and got very animated campaigning for UM to get Cooper. As happened more than once I started to get up to leave so Mike could talk privately but as usual he motioned me to sit my butt down. I always felt honored by the trust he had in me that what we talked about and what I might have overheard in his office didn't leave his office. It may seem like I'm violating that trust now but seriously Mike made no secret of wanting Cupp to be a Griz and that was a long time ago.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:29 pm

And why did Tampa Bay let kupp go in touched for a pass? They deserve to lose.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:51 pm

Great moves by the wily receiver, wow. A triple stutter caused the defender on the first pass to fall down and Cooper immediately got out of bounds. Then the too-slow kid outran a safety (oops) and caught a good ball and wrapped it up. Back to back plays. He’s good.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:02 pm

I told my wife if they don't start throwing to Kupp they will lose. Two completion's later, fg for the win. He is so polished and smart. Most complete receiver I've ever watched.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 pm

As a Rams fan it's going to be pretty dang hard to upend my two favorite WRs of all time, Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt (in that order), 1 HOFer and one should be HOFer in my biased humble opinion, but dang Kupp is knocking on the door hard.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:29 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 pm
As a Rams fan it's going to be pretty dang hard to upend my two favorite WRs of all time, Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt (in that order), 1 HOFer and one should be HOFer in my biased humble opinion, but dang Kupp is knocking on the door hard.
Can we at least all agree that Kupp has to be in the conversation for possibly greatest white receiver of all time? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say things like that in this day and age, so if it's politically incorrect - someone please LMK and I'll delete the post. :shrug:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:37 pm

I don’t believe much in PC, but I don’t like it very much when I keep hearing (name) is the first (race) to do whatever. So I’ve always sort of avoided first or best (any race) to do whatever. But it’s heard so much any more maybe it’s time for others to fight back and say first or best. But then I don’t like that. Somedays my head just spins.

Lance Alworth? UPDATE: Sorry, overlooked limitation to Rams. This Kupp dude is good in any conversation. I think we learned that first-hand a few years ago.
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:29 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Can we at least all agree that Kupp has to be in the conversation for possibly greatest white receiver of all time? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say things like that in this day and age, so if it's politically incorrect - someone please LMK and I'll delete the post. :shrug:
I don't see a problem with that myself. And when I said upend I mean as my favorite Rams, not surpass them in skill or stats or anything. I just loved Bruce and Holt.

I mean if Kupp keeps this up he's going to be a top 10 all time WR period?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:45 pm

Also, Samson Ekubaum from EWU has been playing great on the 49er DL.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:26 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:45 pm
Also, Samson Ekubaum from EWU has been playing great on the 49er DL.
Yea he played for the Rams for a few years, bummed when he left the roster, he was/is a solid player.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:14 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:29 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Steve largent was pretty darn good.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:13 pm

I think I just saw where Cooper Kupp just became the first receiver to go over 2,000 yards in a season.

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:09 pm

Wasn't Jerry Rice from an FCS team. and he turned out to be one of the all time greats.
I'm not ready to say Kupp is better than Rice, but if he keeps it up for a couple more years that will be a discussion to be had.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:22 pm

wapiti wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:09 pm
Wasn't Jerry Rice from an FCS team. and he turned out to be one of the all time greats.
I'm not ready to say Kupp is better than Rice, but if he keeps it up for a couple more years that will be a discussion to be had.
Mississippi Valley State sticks in my mind as JR's alma mater.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: