Are there any other Atlanta Braves fans out there?

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Are there any other Atlanta Braves fans out there?

Post by John K » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:08 pm

I'm a diehard, lifelong Atlanta Braves fan. I'm old enough, that I go back to the tail end of Henry Aaron's career. I still remember seeing him hit number 715 in April 1974. I don't think I've ever been as excited about the Braves, as I am tonight though. They lost their best player (maybe the best player in all of MLB) halfway through the season, and they were still below .500 after August 1. But somehow they persevered, and thanks to some very shrewd moves by their GM, they are now World Series champions. Now all I need is for the Cats to pull off a win in Cheney on Saturday.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Re: Are there any other Atlanta Braves fans out there?

Post by coachouert » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:52 pm

Yup! Grew up a Braves fan with Dale Murphy my favorite player then and still one of my favorites now. Watched them almost every day when TBS used to broadcast most of their games. Was 13 the last time they won and am still in shock they made it this far and won it all. I didn’t expect them to make it by the Brewers…or dodgers…or Astros but this team played their best baseball when it counted. Was fun to watch and I’m still up riding the high!

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:40 am

🙋🏻‍♂️
Count me in. Was a senior in high school in 1995. Awesome series. Great game last night!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:29 am

I was a Braves fan over the past month or so.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:39 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:29 am
I was a Braves fan over the past month or so.
:lol:

I was a Braves fan during the World Series. Screw those cheating Astros. Loved seeing the Braves win.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:31 pm

I'm genuinely happy for the Braves and you Braves fans, mostly because they beat the cheat'n Astros.

I'm glad I lived long enough to see my Cubs win it all once and hope to see it again but pretty sure they need to do it a little quicker than they did last time.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:44 am

Not that I am a #1 Braves fan but I go back to the 50s and some great Braves teams, then in Milwaukee and the National League. Also so glad they won after mlb found it necessary to pull the All Star game due to a vote in Georgia. Wondering if Commissioner manfred had mixed feelings giving the Braves the trophy?

So glad it wasn't the dodgers and red sux...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.