Kobe Bryant

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Kobe Bryant

Post by John K » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:51 pm

I'm sure everyone has heard about this by now. I'm a lifelong diehard Lakers fan, and he was obviously one of the greatest Lakers ever. It was pretty shocking news, and even more sad that one of his daughters also died in the crash, along with 7 other people.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Kobe Bryant

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Really struggling with this news, it’s devastating.

GO CATS GO!!!

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:20 pm

I was never even a big Lakers or Kobe fan, but this has hit me hard also. Maybe it is just being a parent and not being able to imagine that in those last moments, Kobe as a father could do nothing to protect his daughter from harm. Just really sad. It was also obvious that he adored his girls and he will be very missed by his family.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:39 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:20 pm
I was never even a big Lakers or Kobe fan, but this has hit me hard also. Maybe it is just being a parent and not being able to imagine that in those last moments, Kobe as a father could do nothing to protect his daughter from harm. Just really sad. It was also obvious that he adored his girls and he will be very missed by his family.
I’m in the same boat. Can’t say he was ever a favorite of mine. Although I respected his immense talent. That being said, the thought of what their last moments were like is horrifying. It’s really hit me today. I’ve had a sick feeling all day.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Nico Harrison was Kobe’s Nike handler and has been close to him for years. It can’t be an easy time for him.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/ri ... =2048x2048

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:33 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:39 pm
HelenaCat wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:20 pm
I’m in the same boat. Can’t say he was ever a favorite of mine. Although I respected his immense talent. That being said, the thought of what their last moments were like is horrifying. It’s really hit me today. I’ve had a sick feeling all day.
I didn't even realize until yesterday, that he had a daughter so young. That's particularly sad, because she won't even remember her father.