M's :(

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

M's :(

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Man, what a terrible time for the Mariner's starting pitching and bullpen (arguably both the best in the league this season) to fall apart and get completely shelled. A week ago, they still had a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. Now? It's going to take a sweep of their next 4 games (against two of the best offenses in the MLB in Toronto and Anaheim) and either KC must get swept by the White Sox (not likely) or Oakland has to get swept by the Rangers (also just as unlikely).

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: M's :(

Post by tdub » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Yep. Then last night the terrible break/bounce in the bottom of the 8th and then Jones getting picked off in the top of the 9th pretty much ended the M's season. Bummer.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:40 pm

If you guys were fans of a real team like the Mets you could save a lot of this anxiousness.

We're usually done thinking playoffs by the all-star break. :bag:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

tdub

Post by tdub » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:23 am

kmax wrote:If you guys were fans of a real team like the Mets you could save a lot of this anxiousness.

We're usually done thinking playoffs by the all-star break. :bag:
Which is the typical year in the life of a Mariner's fan. Keep the faith, my friend. Just keep the faith. :wink:

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:46 am

My Braves folded even worse than the M's. They would have had the 2nd Wild Card spot if the season had ended on 8/31, but then they ran into that pesky month of September, during which they've gone 5-17. It's the second time in the last four years that they've totally collapsed in September. It's cool to see so many so called "small market" teams in contention this year though, i.e. Baltimore, KC, Oakland, Pittsburgh, and Seattle.

tdub

Post by tdub » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:28 am

John K wrote:My Braves folded even worse than the M's. They would have had the 2nd Wild Card spot if the season had ended on 8/31, but then they ran into that pesky month of September, during which they've gone 5-17. It's the second time in the last four years that they've totally collapsed in September. It's cool to see so many so called "small market" teams in contention this year though, i.e. Baltimore, KC, Oakland, Pittsburgh, and Seattle.
I agree. I've enjoyed watching this baseball season unfold more than I have in years past.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:58 am

I think that Lloyd McClendon (sp?) has this team moving in the right direction. A lot of up and coming young talent that can hit the ball a county mile, and add that to the outstanding pitching staff and I think the M's will be deep into the playoffs next year.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow