A-Rod/PED

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

A-Rod/PED

Post by John K » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Here's another baseball topic. What do you think about A-Rod's 162-game suspension, and subsequent lawsuit against MLB and the MLBPA? I missed the 60 Minutes piece, but have seen excerpts from it. I set my DVR to record it, but for some reason it recorded something different. I have 60 Minutes set up as a series recording, so it's not like I just accidentally set it for the wrong time or something...not sure what happened. My personal opinion is that he has now joined Lance Armstrong and Ryan Braun in the douchebag Hall of Fame. He needs to just admit what he did, and then go away. Nobody wants him anywhere near a MLB ballpark or clubhouse anymore. I don't know how these guys can look at themselves in a mirror. I guess I understand why he's fighting it though. 27 mil is a lot of money to lose, even if you're already rich.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: A-Rod/PED

Post by SACCAT » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:16 pm

John K wrote:Here's another baseball topic. What do you think about A-Rod's 162-game suspension, and subsequent lawsuit against MLB and the MLBPA? I missed the 60 Minutes piece, but have seen excerpts from it. I set my DVR to record it, but for some reason it recorded something different. I have 60 Minutes set up as a series recording, so it's not like I just accidentally set it for the wrong time or something...not sure what happened. My personal opinion is that he has now joined Lance Armstrong and Ryan Braun in the douchebag Hall of Fame. He needs to just admit what he did, and then go away. Nobody wants him anywhere near a MLB ballpark or clubhouse anymore. I don't know how these guys can look at themselves in a mirror. I guess I understand why he's fighting it though. 27 mil is a lot of money to lose, even if you're already rich.
Just like Lance, once you lie that long, to that many people you start to believe it. Nothing good will come out of this for him. I found the most interesting part was how easy it is to beat the tests, and how many products are out there if you want to pay for them. There is more science going into beating the test, then there is trying to catch the cheaters. You can't win in that case.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:07 pm

Lots of lawyers getting PAID.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:54 am

John K wrote:Here's another baseball topic. What do you think about A-Rod's 162-game suspension, and subsequent lawsuit against MLB and the MLBPA? I missed the 60 Minutes piece, but have seen excerpts from it. I set my DVR to record it, but for some reason it recorded something different. I have 60 Minutes set up as a series recording, so it's not like I just accidentally set it for the wrong time or something...not sure what happened. My personal opinion is that he has now joined Lance Armstrong and Ryan Braun in the douchebag Hall of Fame. He needs to just admit what he did, and then go away. Nobody wants him anywhere near a MLB ballpark or clubhouse anymore. I don't know how these guys can look at themselves in a mirror. I guess I understand why he's fighting it though. 27 mil is a lot of money to lose, even if you're already rich.
And there are several more that should join them in this "exclusive club".....I am a major YANKEE fan (since probably "51") and just wish ARod would disappear.....No complaints here.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.