Chicago Bears

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:41 am

Chicago Bears

Post by Bobcat Jim » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:53 pm

The Bears duplicate against the Cowboys what the EWU Eagles did to us. Not counting the last possession when they had one kneeldown to end the game, the Bears scored on 8 straight possessions. The Cowboys defense is horrible. I feel sorry for Jerry Jones. NOT :lol:



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4974
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by RickRund » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:32 am

Bobcat Jim wrote:The Bears duplicate against the Cowboys what the EWU Eagles did to us. Not counting the last possession when they had one kneeldown to end the game, the Bears scored on 8 straight possessions. The Cowboys defense is horrible. I feel sorry for Jerry Jones. NOT :lol:
Me too!!!!!



John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8286
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by John K » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:45 am

Bobcat Jim wrote:The Bears duplicate against the Cowboys what the EWU Eagles did to us. Not counting the last possession when they had one kneeldown to end the game, the Bears scored on 8 straight possessions. The Cowboys defense is horrible. I feel sorry for Jerry Jones. NOT :lol:
I know this is nit-picky, but the only difference is that EWU scored TD on every possession, whereas the Bears had to settle for FG on two occasions.



gtapp
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4205
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by gtapp » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Philly, Denver and the Redskins are the only teams in the NFL I hate and yet I am cheering for all to beat the Cowboys because I dislike Jerry Jones even more!


Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4989
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:13 pm

as a vikes fan I have my own concerns but it's still funny watching some of the dysfunction with the cowboys. they just can't put it all together. I find it so funny how they canned ryan last year as d coordinator and now he has the saints playing great defense and the cowboys are dead last! like I said, I'm a Vikings fan so I know what a terrible defense looks like and I'm floored that statistically the cowboys are even worse than us on that side of the ball.

I actually like a lot of current cowboys players though and wouldn't mind seeing them put it all together sometime.



John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8286
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by John K » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:17 pm

ilovethecats wrote:as a vikes fan I have my own concerns but it's still funny watching some of the dysfunction with the cowboys. they just can't put it all together. I find it so funny how they canned ryan last year as d coordinator and now he has the saints playing great defense and the cowboys are dead last! like I said, I'm a Vikings fan so I know what a terrible defense looks like and I'm floored that statistically the cowboys are even worse than us on that side of the ball.

I actually like a lot of current cowboys players though and wouldn't mind seeing them put it all together sometime.
Is it possible that the Cowboys' talent is just way overrated? When a team "underachieves" year after year after year, under several different coaches, maybe it's because they aren't really as talented as most fans seem to believe?



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4989
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:07 pm

John K wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:as a vikes fan I have my own concerns but it's still funny watching some of the dysfunction with the cowboys. they just can't put it all together. I find it so funny how they canned ryan last year as d coordinator and now he has the saints playing great defense and the cowboys are dead last! like I said, I'm a Vikings fan so I know what a terrible defense looks like and I'm floored that statistically the cowboys are even worse than us on that side of the ball.

I actually like a lot of current cowboys players though and wouldn't mind seeing them put it all together sometime.
Is it possible that the Cowboys' talent is just way overrated? When a team "underachieves" year after year after year, under several different coaches, maybe it's because they aren't really as talented as most fans seem to believe?
I think that is certainly possible. my personal opinion is that jerry jones plays way too big of a role in the day to day with this team as well as the roster. I think that makes things tough. a great coach would love to go be the guy there but none of the big names will accept the fact that jerry gets to make so many personnel decisions. they'll never get a guy like cower or gruden or any other proven coach because none of them will work in that system. so they settle on less qualified guys who fail to get the most out of their roster.

like I said this is just my opinion. I just see too many players on that team.



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2515
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by 77matcat » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Hard not to dislike a team that espouses its self to be America's team.

Hmmm who's that remind you of???



User avatar
gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:35 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by gocats » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Pick me, pick me!!! I'm gonna go with the griz.


Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2515
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by 77matcat » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:50 pm

You win!!!!



User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8013
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Chicago Bears

Post by allcat » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:12 am

77matcat wrote:You win!!!!
Unfortunatley the prize is season tickets to then gritz.


Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

Post Reply