Packers / Sea Hawks ???

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HassFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Packers / Sea Hawks ???

Post by HassFan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Anybody want to be a replacement ref ? That last play was unbelievable !!

Fighting Cancer With Every Breath I Take - Conner, You Are An Inspiration !

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Packers / Sea Hawks ???

Post by MSU01 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Never thought I would say this, but thank goodness for our semi-competent Big Sky officials! Where the hell did they get these guys from, Roger Goodell's kids' peewee football league?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Packers / Sea Hawks ???

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Yeah, but Tim Davis still sucks

rtb

Packers / Sea Hawks ???

Post by rtb » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 pm

I may be the only guy that doesn't want the replacement refs back. Unions don't have a place in this day and age especially in the entertainment business. Refs should do their job, negotiate their salary on their own and abandon their union.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

Bobcat4Life
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Bobcat4Life » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 pm

The officiating was questionable all game. On the Packers scoring drive Chancellor should not have been called for pass interference that extended that drive which ended in a score for the Packers.

Maybe Jenning should have just batted the ball down instead of trying to catch it.

It went both ways all game. Packer fans can't be happy about the number of times Rogers was on the mat in the first half. They didnt play well enough so that it didnt come down to the part at the end of the game.

Reminds me of a catch in the endzone at ISU A few years back that didnt count.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:39 am

The Seahawks finally got their "make-up" call for the 2006 superbowl...

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:33 am

Would there be a stink if it were the Browns instead of the Packers? The reffing the whole game was awful and after watching games this weekend, the NFL is about as credible as WWE or NASCAR.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:Would there be a stink if it were the Browns instead of the Packers? The reffing the whole game was awful and after watching games this weekend, the NFL is about as credible as WWE or NASCAR.
i think so. i hate the pack with every ounce of my being but they got screwed at the end. if it was the browns i'd feel the same way. but there was just terrible calls on both teams all night. this will just be the most talked about. but i really doubt the 99% of people talking about and hating this play are doing so because it was the packers.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 am

rtb wrote:I may be the only guy that doesn't want the replacement refs back. Unions don't have a place in this day and age especially in the entertainment business. Refs should do their job, negotiate their salary on their own and abandon their union.
These guys are just fine and they are not doing any worse than the real refs. I really dont see what all the fuss is about. Nobody seemed to give a damn about the other refs making bad judgement calls like PI holding not holding. But now because these guys are replacements their judgement counts less?

Doesnt pass the common sense test and I agree with rtb about unions........fu*k em.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:35 am

missed calls will happen. agreed. however, spotting the ball incorrectly, and not understanding the rules is another. missing blatant calls that have to be challenged, reviewed on the booth, to be overturned to the correct call nearly every time is another issue. games are taking much longer than they ever have because of this chaos.

you are the first person i have heard say the refs are the same. but i expected that. :D

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:55 am

rtb wrote:I may be the only guy that doesn't want the replacement refs back. Unions don't have a place in this day and age especially in the entertainment business. Refs should do their job, negotiate their salary on their own and abandon their union.
so you were also on the owner's side against the players as well?

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:57 am

MSU01 wrote:Never thought I would say this, but thank goodness for our semi-competent Big Sky officials! Where the hell did they get these guys from, Roger Goodell's kids' peewee football league?
DIII/NAIA, Juco, HS

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

rtb

Post by rtb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:37 am

catamaran wrote:so you were also on the owner's side against the players as well?
In general I am against unionization as I believe each individual should be paid for their performance. For example there are a lot of really great teachers out there that should be paid a lot better than they are. But that doesn't mean I think all teachers should get a pay increase at once as their are a lot of people that don't deserve a raise. Instead I think the top performers should be rewarded and the bottom performers should be coached to improve or coached to move out into a different career.

In the NFL vs Players thing it is a little more gray where I was torn. At the end of the day the NFL is an entertainment business where the owners have the "risk", but there is zero entertainment without the athletic gifts of the players. When the NFL started the owners truly were taking a huge risk in getting this whole thing started and built to what it has become today, but now that it is build being an owner is not really a risk as much as it is an exclusive stock that only the very rich can buy with HUGE upside and limited downside. So I never was clearly on one side or the other with the NFL vs players. Both sides seem to have valid points and both sides truly needed each other to make the whole thing work. While these refs aren't up to speed yet, it's not like the NFL can't function without the "real" refs. The type of person that is somewhat fit, has a logical and objective mind, and can make a quick call is a commodity. If you as a part time employee are asking for way too much from a company that company has every right to say 'No Thanks" we'll take the next 100 guys in line.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:44 pm

The 'part time employees' work about 50 hrs a week during the season and about 30 in the off season and are expected to not only have a 97% compentency but insure the integrity of the competition and watch the safety of the players........who are also part time employees/commodities.
and as you're seeing now, the next 100 guys can't do it

rtb

Post by rtb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:51 pm

catamaran wrote:The 'part time employees' work about 50 hrs a week during the season and about 30 in the off season and are expected to not only have a 97% compentency but insure the integrity of the competition and watch the safety of the players........who are also part time employees/commodities.
Actually, the guys there right now aren't the next 100 guys. The next 100 guys are in the SEC, Pac12, etc. They just need the right employment offer and I am guessing those guys could do a fairly good job.

And I don't care how much you work each week. Do a good job, negotiate you salary on your own, expect when you perform really well you will be rewarded and expect if you don't perform well you won't be rewarded and since you are working two jobs save some of that money for retirement like the rest of us instead of expecting a guaranteed pension. Pension programs have sunk some might companies in the past(see UAW deals with GM, etc.). The NFL would be smart to not give the refs and guaranteed pension.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:58 pm

rtb wrote:
catamaran wrote:The 'part time employees' work about 50 hrs a week during the season and about 30 in the off season and are expected to not only have a 97% compentency but insure the integrity of the competition and watch the safety of the players........who are also part time employees/commodities.
Actually, the guys there right now aren't the next 100 guys. The next 100 guys are in the SEC, Pac12, etc. They just need the right employment offer and I am guessing those guys could do a fairly good job.

And I don't care how much you work each week. Do a good job, negotiate you salary on your own, expect when you perform really well you will be rewarded and expect if you don't perform well you won't be rewarded and since you are working two jobs save some of that money for retirement like the rest of us instead of expecting a guaranteed pension. Pension programs have sunk some might companies in the past(see UAW deals with GM, etc.). The NFL would be smart to not give the refs and guaranteed pension.
They'll be smart not to negotiate until people stop watching. Right now they are debating 10's of thousands in a multibillion dollar business

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:17 pm

and they are the next 100 guys.....the ones that took the positions. none of those other guys wanted to give up pretty sweet gigs for a temporary position

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:31 pm

getting back to the game...........
anybody remember the name Phil Luckett
He was the replay supervisor last night

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:31 pm

That call would have been a lot better, if it would have gone against the Cowboys.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Packers / Sea Hawks ???

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 pm

allcat wrote:That call would have been a lot better, if it would have gone against the Cowboys.
yep