Manchester City

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Manchester City

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun May 13, 2012 10:13 am

Anybody see it? Manchester City goes into the last game of the season leading Manchester United on goal difference. City is playing Queens Park Rangers-a team fighting to not be relegated. City is behind 2-1 after 90 minutes, but there's 5 minutes of added time. Meanhwile Manchester United won their game so they are in virtual first place. Man City-scores 2 goals in the stoppage time to win the game and the league title. Their first since 1968. Seeing the City fans go from absolute despair to jubilation was fun to watch. This is a lot like the Red Sox beating the Yankees in 2004-same emotions for both fan bases.

BandCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Manchester City

Post by BandCat » Sun May 13, 2012 11:55 am

It was quite the drama, and I'm glad Manchester United didn't win another title.

Meanwhile, Newcastle finishes in 5th! \:D/ For a few weeks there I could taste the Champions League, but most analysts were picking them for relegation again this year. I will absolutely take 5th.

Spirit of the West Marching Band- 4 year Member
Kappa Kappa Psi

Now a Buckeye, but always a Bobcat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun May 13, 2012 12:29 pm

BandCat wrote:Meanwhile, Newcastle finishes in 5th! \:D/ For a few weeks there I could taste the Champions League, but most analysts were picking them for relegation again this year. I will absolutely take 5th.
Wow-Newcastle fan eh? That might be more frustrating than being a Bobcat men's basketball fan. Love their uniforms. Go Magpies!

BandCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BandCat » Sun May 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Heh yeah. When I was little my favorite aunt got me a a Magpie shirt at a garage sale and I latched onto them when I began paying attention to the Premier League.

Between them and the Cubs, I have more than few gray hairs already.

Spirit of the West Marching Band- 4 year Member
Kappa Kappa Psi

Now a Buckeye, but always a Bobcat

Egg Salad
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Egg Salad » Mon May 14, 2012 8:27 pm

The only way that game could have gotten any better is if Ballotelli scored the winning goal. It would be like if Terrel Owens caught a Super Bowl winning hail mary in overtime. The guy is a headcase to put it nicely.

PS go Fulham.

What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold? One's a sick duck. I can't remember how it ends but your mother's a whore.