God's QB?

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

God's QB?

Post by Old Skool Cat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:39 pm

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... 6-stats-/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some interesting stats concerning Tebow's performance Sunday against the Steelers. Of course, we all know that NFL has adopted the Tebow rule, dis-allowing the writing of anything on a player's eye black, when Tebow used to write John 3.16 on his eye black. But kind of crazy when you consider on Sunday he threw for 316 yards, with 10 completions he completed 31.6 yards per completion, and the game received a 31.6 television rating. Probably more coincidence than anything, but with the success the Broncos have had since Tebow took over the reigns, I'm not completely ruling out divine intervention either at this point!!!

SonomaCat

Re: God's QB?

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:09 pm

What's even weirder was that pi was momentarily remeasured to be 3.16 right before the end of the game, and the cumulative hangtime of the punts in the game was 31.6 seconds.

Nah, I'm just yankin' your chain. :wink:

The TV rating was 24.0 with a 40 share.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html

Billings Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Billings Cat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:58 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:The TV rating was 24.0 with a 40 share.
Yes, but it sounds better and more dramatic with a 31.6 share. And since when is fact checking appropriate on the internet and in emails sent around offices :lol:

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 am

he also threw for 1 TD, ran for 1 TD, and threw for another TD.

6, 6, 6 :twisted:

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 pm

CapitalCityCat wrote:he also threw for 1 TD, ran for 1 TD, and threw for another TD.

6, 6, 6 :twisted:
Oh, dude!!!! The truth is revealed!

I think that's more than enough evidence to have an entire series on the History Channel!

And in the true spirit of the Dark Lord, he used his black magic to cheat: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 12959.html

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Well, I'm not a bible thumper or anything, but I still think it's kinda freaky. And as for making fun of the fact checking or tall-tale emails floating around the office, sorry, but I didn't make it up or fall for some urban legend. Even Bloomberg reported that the overtime period of the game drew a 31.6 rating (after reading my original post, I was probably vague in assuming that the game itself drew a 31.6 rating), but hey, maybe they're behind the whole Tebow conspiracy thing too.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-0 ... -high.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tebow’s Latest Victory Charge Draws 24-Year TV Ratings High for Wild-Card

Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos’ one-play overtime win over the Pittsburgh Steelers drew the best preliminary television rating for a National Football League wild-card playoff game in 24 years.

The 29-23 win last night at Mile High Stadium in Denver, which included a career-high 316 yards passing by Tebow, was seen on CBS in an average of 25.9 percent of homes in the top 56 U.S. television markets, the CBS Corp. (CBS) network said in a statement. That’s the best first-round rating since a game between the Seattle Seahawks and Houston Oilers in 1988, which also went to overtime and drew a 26.7.

The New York Giants’ 24-2 home win yesterday over the Atlanta Falcons drew an 18.9 major-market rating on Fox, Lou D’Ermilio, a spokesman for the News Corp. (NWSA) network, said in an e- mail.

The Broncos’ win, which snapped a three-game losing streak, came as Tebow ran for one touchdown and passed for two others, including an 80-yarder to Demaryius Thomas that ended the game on the first play from scrimmage of the extra period, eliminating the six-time Super Bowl champion Steelers. The overtime drew a 31.6 television rating.

Tebow led the team to five fourth-quarter comebacks for victories in the regular season. The 24-year-old Tebow, a devout Christian, was one of the dominant storylines of the NFL season, spawning a fad known as “Tebowing” through his kneel-and-pray pose after victories.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm

My brother texted me after the game that he had a Tebowner. :oops:

IYAACYAS

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:47 am

It was reported today that he is second cousins to Rudy.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:46 pm

This is pretty funny, although more in the way it translates football to somebody who knows nothing about it:

http://gawker.com/5875125/the-non-sport ... =explainer

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:This is pretty funny, although more in the way it translates football to somebody who knows nothing about it:

http://gawker.com/5875125/the-non-sport ... =explainer
That was awesome.

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.