X > Tebow

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Air Force Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

X > Tebow

Post by Air Force Cat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Not sure where this belongs, but for all of you that don't yet know about this greatness here you go. Just start watching the comments roll out
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/ ... post-tebow

GoGrizOpponents
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: X > Tebow

Post by GoGrizOpponents » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Air Force Cat wrote:Not sure where this belongs, but for all of you that don't yet know about this greatness here you go. Just start watching the comments roll out
3-1 as a starter. 2 record setting games.. As a fan of the Bronco's I cannot complain, better than Orton..

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:47 pm

GoGrizOpponents wrote:
Air Force Cat wrote:Not sure where this belongs, but for all of you that don't yet know about this greatness here you go. Just start watching the comments roll out
3-1
this is all that really matters. it might be really, really ugly....but in the end who cares? if a guy wins 75% of his games, that's pretty good. not that i'm assuming his style of play is condusive of that in the long run. but so far.....all he's doing is winning. and winning is all that matters....

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:52 am

Start playing some real competition and see how long that lasts. Throwing the ball 8 times a game (2 completions per) is not going to hack it. It's going to be a glorious a** pounding this week with both of their starting RB's out.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 am

CatBlitz wrote:Start playing some real competition and see how long that lasts. Throwing the ball 8 times a game (2 completions per) is not going to hack it. It's going to be a glorious a** pounding this week with both of their starting RB's out.
no disagreement there. just MUST improve. i'm just saying that so far....somehow.....they're finding a way to win. this would all be a moot point if the donkeys weren't so stupid to make him a first round pick! :shock: #-o

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Not sure if the Jets suck that much or if the Broncos O-Line is playing that well. I didn't watch the game but still, 9-20 passing isn't going to cut it long term.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

X > Tebow

Post by MSUcantouchus » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Haters gonna hate

I hate dark pink

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:09 am

so great. dude is 4-1 this year. =D^

i hate the broncos but find myself rooting for them and tebow.

they go from 1-4 to 5-5! :shock: :lol:

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:25 am

John Elwayvs Tim Tebow- 1st 8 Career Starts
Elway---Tebow
W-L 3-5---5-3
Pass yds 1,041---1,281
TD-Int 3-10---10-4
Rush yds 92--550
Rush TD 1---5

Tebow > Elway?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:17 pm

:lol: =D^

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by SaxCat » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:08 pm

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/i ... m-tebowist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am a reluctant tebowist..... scared ******, yet astounded that we win.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 am

I'm am so excited to see what is going on in Denver. The biggest change has been the defense. I haven't seen the D play this well since the superbowl years. Tebow is playing smart and within himself and the rest of the team believes he will put them in a position to win if they stick it out. Say what you want to say but his leadership has been shown to be a factor this year for Denver. We will see if teams start to figure him out, how they haven't already I don't know since he only runs 5 plays, but I hope Elway and Co give him a chance to work on that accuracy cause I think it will really pay off in the long run!

Go Broncos!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

GoGrizOpponents
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoGrizOpponents » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:47 pm

What people dont realize is that he is very close to being a pretty good passer, like for the last game Vs. the Chargers for example. approx 3 out of his first 5 passes were dropped or hit some of his receivers in the hands... If those 3 would hve been caught that would put him at 66% completion rating, and then people would be saying he had a great game passing. IMO he needs to throw the ball more to determine if he is a TERRIBLE passer or if he is a GOOD passer, to me he is pretty decent at the moment and he is winning games which is by far the most important thing. He has all the tools to be a great QB and most of hte tools he has you cannot teach. Not to mention he is GREAT at keeping his composure and GREAT at not making mistakes, typically those are the two biggest things that young QB's in the NFL have to over come.

One final thought, each time he runs the ball he is essentially completing a pass to himself

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... ive-light/

Here is a great article going in more depth on what I am trying to say.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Broncos move to 7-5 and to the top of the division with a crazy win over the Vikings.

I think Tebow played his best game of the year. Didn't get rattled by an early fumble(which I was really confused on because I thought the ground couldn't cause a fumble) and put up his best Passing day so far. I like the ESPN analyst that used to play for the broncos (Tom Jones?) that had said he couldn't win if the other team scored more than 24 owning up and congratulating him. D played phenomenally again!

Go BRONCOS!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 am

Haters just keep on hatin', especially that jackwad Merril Hoge. What a biased turd he is. What did Tebow ever do to him?

I think the jury is still out on whether or not Tebow will ever be a good passing QB, but so far he is proving that he finds ways to win. One thing about it, he's one of those people who was born to lead others, and he has.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by SaxCat » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:30 am

Chuck Klosterman wrote this in his Grantland.com article yesterday about why Tebow is so fascinating. I have to agree with him on that.
because he succeeds at his job while being uniquely unskilled at its traditional requirements"

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:29 pm

If I am correct, The Bronco's were down late in the game and BINGO.....Another come from behind WIN.....Not the greatest of stats again but another one in the GOOD column.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:17 pm

RickRund wrote:If I am correct, The Bronco's were down late in the game and BINGO.....Another come from behind WIN.....Not the greatest of stats again but another one in the GOOD column.....
Yep, and the Broncos should add Marion Barber to their Christmas card list.

Down 10-0 late in the 4th. Denver scores a TD with just over 2 minutes left, failed onside kick attempt. 10-7. The Bears can just about run the clock out since Denver has no time outs left... and then, Marion Barber runs out of bounds, stopping the clock once. Denver got the ball back with about 1 minute, drove into FG range, and Prater hits a 59 yarder to send it to OT.

Then... Chicago wins the toss, and drives into long FG range, when Barber coughs up the ball! Denver recovers, drives the other way, and kicks the game winner.

Unbelievable.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Tim Tebow (4th quarter) > Marion Barber > Tim Tebow (1st - 3rd quarters)

I am not a Broncos fan by any means, but they sure are entertaining to watch as long as you don't tune in until 4:30 PM or so!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 pm

MSU01 wrote: I am not a Broncos fan by any means, but they sure are entertaining to watch as long as you don't tune in until 4:30 PM or so!
Truth! I don't understand how Tebow can suck SO bad for 3.5 quarters, and then somehow flip the switch at the end of the game.