Leaving HS two years early

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Leaving HS two years early

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Same topic as before, but different kid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb,170270

Once again, I have no problem at all with them doing this. He's virtually already guaranteed to make millions (assuming he performs at the JC), and if it doesn't work out, he will have PLENTY of cash laying around to go to college.

WORM
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Leaving HS two years early

Post by WORM » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Love the decision. He would have been the first pick in the draft this year. He won the genetic lottery. may was well cash in on it.

I'll have three fingers of Glenlivet, with a little bit of pepper... and some cheese.

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:Same topic as before, but different kid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb,170270

Once again, I have no problem at all with them doing this. He's virtually already guaranteed to make millions (assuming he performs at the JC), and if it doesn't work out, he will have PLENTY of cash laying around to go to college.
i'm in the same boat. i've never had a problem with a kid leaving school early to follow his dreams of playing pro sports. people act like these kids have to completely stop getting an education when they make this decision. not true. they can still take college classes if they so choose, but when you are blessed with such amazing gifts, and know what you are going to do for a career, who are we to tell them they are doing it wrong? and i've always found it a bit curious that people chime in when it's basketball players or football players, but no one says a word when it's golfers, tennis players, swimmers, skiers, or gymnasts. :shrug:

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:54 pm

The quicker this kid can get out of the public school system the better off he will be.

Its his choice and nobody should be able to tell him otherwise. People that feel the need to meddle in other peoples lives are either jealous of the persons talent or have no life of their own and vote democrat.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com