Taylor makes u.s. open

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Taylor makes u.s. open

Post by SACCAT » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:58 am

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-golf/ ... 09aab.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is an article about my wifes cousin. He just qualified for for his second U.S. Open, and he is only a junior at Washington. I don't know how many on here fallow golf, but if you do watch for him.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: Taylor makes u.s. open

Post by SACCAT » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Nick is now 6th overall. He is -2 after 14 in his second round. -5 for the day when they ended play.

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:25 am

SACCAT wrote:Nick is now 6th overall. He is -2 after 14 in his second round. -5 for the day when they ended play.
wow. very cool. wish him the best.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:39 pm

His second round score is tied for best by an amateur ever at a U.S. open. His dad said he is handling the pressure well so far.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:45 pm

SACCAT wrote:His second round score is tied for best by an amateur ever at a U.S. open. His dad said he is handling the pressure well so far.
He's doing real well so far, pending the weather I don't know if they can possibly finish tomorrow. I guess it depends on how much it rains yet tonight- the course became saturated in a heartbeat shortly after they began the 3rd Round, just too much rain lately. I wish him well in the final two rounds.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Ended up at +8 overall. His dad said he was exhausted by the end of it. Every morning they were at the course hitting the range by 6:00. Still pretty good for a Junior in college. Would have ended up with about $43K if he was able to keep it.