Jefferson gets another shot in Dallas

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DriftCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Jefferson gets another shot in Dallas

Post by DriftCat » Thu May 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Looks like Mike Jefferson has been re-signed for the time being.

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs/wr ... anclub.com

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

SonomaCat

Re: Jefferson gets another shot in Dallas

Post by SonomaCat » Thu May 28, 2009 3:35 pm

I did not realize he got busted for steroids (or whatever "performance enhancing drugs" he was using) in the NFL.

DriftCat

Post by DriftCat » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:21 pm

From the sounds of the last paragraph in the following link, I am not sure if he isn't still using some kind of performance enhancer. #-o [-X

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:35 pm

MM7CAT wrote:From the sounds of the last paragraph in the following link, I am not sure if he isn't still using some kind of performance enhancer. #-o [-X

Read into it what you want, my guess is he has learned his lesson and is staying in shape. He was always a big receiver physically and to be a serious candidate in the NFL takes a lot of work. Until proven otherwise I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

BTW, I don't recall the details but it seems like his past infraction was pretty trivial- maybe someone has better info.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

DriftCat

Post by DriftCat » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:39 pm

GOKATS wrote:
MM7CAT wrote:From the sounds of the last paragraph in the following link, I am not sure if he isn't still using some kind of performance enhancer. #-o [-X

Read into it what you want, my guess is he has learned his lesson and is staying in shape. He was always a big receiver physically and to be a serious candidate in the NFL takes a lot of work. Until proven otherwise I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

BTW, I don't recall the details but it seems like his past infraction was pretty trivial- maybe someone has better info.
I hear ya.....I just thought it was a funny thing to say about someone that was cut in the past because of his testing positive for performance enhancing drug. I wish Jefferson all the luck in the world and would love to see him succeed, especially with the Cowboys.

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 pm

MM7CAT wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

I hear ya.....I just thought it was a funny thing to say about someone that was cut in the past because of his testing positive for performance enhancing drug. I wish Jefferson all the luck in the world and would love to see him succeed, especially with the Cowboys.
Or it could be that the writer is.......................... , well........................., umm.................., you know....................., kinda.......................

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:37 pm

GOKATS wrote:

That is happening more and more. When we hear "performance enhancing drugs" we assume steroids but most major league sports include some pretty benign products (like Creatine) in their list of banned substances. The Williams' players for the Vikings were unknowingly taking a product that promotes water loss that was an ingredient in an off the shelf product used for an entirely different purpose. It was burried in the large list of ingredients.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:32 am

Any more news on him. I see he is listed on the Cowboys roster but does anyone know if he'll stick this time? Get this kid on the field, he's a playmaker and playmakers need to be on the field!!!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

DriftCat

Post by DriftCat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:54 pm

technoCat wrote:Any more news on him. I see he is listed on the Cowboys roster but does anyone know if he'll stick this time? Get this kid on the field, he's a playmaker and playmakers need to be on the field!!!

No news as of yet but more will likely come once they start camp which I think is mid-to-late July. That being said I don't see him making the roster, possibly practice squad again though and you never know after that with injuries and such.

F.K.A. - MM7CAT