Minor League accommodations

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Minor League accommodations

Post by CapitalCityCat » Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Interesting accommodations for this minor leaguer

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/13/pitche ... pstoryview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When pitcher Josh Faiola walks out of the dugout on opening day with the Lake Erie Crushers, he'll already have a large group of fans in the stands -- his new roommates at the Belvedere of Westlake assisted living facility.

The 25-year-old, who was drafted in 2006 by the Baltimore Orioles and is trying to work his way to the majors, admits he was caught a little off guard when he was told about his new housing situation.

"At first I was like, 'OK, that's a little different,' " he said. "I was taken aback at first."

And he was also the butt of a couple jokes from his teammates.

"They were saying things like 'So what's the deal? Do you have to go to bed early?' " Faiola said.

But then he told them about his room -- a large suite, with his own kitchenette, washer and dryer, furniture and a TV.

"Then they changed their tune," he said. "They were like 'That's awesome. Are they any other vacancies?' "

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.