Favre - is it deja vu all over again....again?

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Favre - is it deja vu all over again....again?

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri May 01, 2009 3:56 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4123764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Favre - is it deja vu all over again....again?

Post by whitetrashgriz » Fri May 01, 2009 5:41 pm

as a vikes fan, i can honestly say that we will be no worse of with favre at the helm than if t-jack or sage rosenfels is running the show. i'd gladly buy a favre vikes jersey!

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Mon May 04, 2009 10:50 am

I don't particularly want him in purple, but he is still better than half the starting QBs in the league, and undoubtedly better than the ones the Vikes have.

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon May 04, 2009 10:58 am

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Wed May 06, 2009 7:56 am

^^^HAHAHAHA^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:29 am

Teams I hate in the NFL

1. Denver Donkeys/Dallas Cowgirls
2. Minnesota Vikqueens
3. San Francisco Faggy Niners

Initially I was pissed that Favre came back to play for anyone other than the Packers, but if he is going to come out of retirement again I am warming to the idea of him being a Vikqueen and sticking it to the team that tried to strong arm him out of the NFL.

Its hard to hate Favre even when he is being the sports person I hate. The ones that retire and comeback, retire and comeback.

I dont hate the Pack but man it would be funny to have all those fans pissed off all season when the Vikes roll them and win the division.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Wed May 06, 2009 12:47 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Teams I hate in the NFL

1. Denver Donkeys/Dallas Cowgirls
2. Minnesota Vikqueens
3. San Francisco Faggy Niners

Initially I was pissed that Favre came back to play for anyone other than the Packers, but if he is going to come out of retirement again I am warming to the idea of him being a Vikqueen and sticking it to the team that tried to strong arm him out of the NFL.

Its hard to hate Favre even when he is being the sports person I hate. The ones that retire and comeback, retire and comeback.

I dont hate the Pack but man it would be funny to have all those fans pissed off all season when the Vikes roll them and win the division.
Man those 49ers are my favorite team. I am gonna kick your a$$.

GO GRIZ!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Yeah, OK.

There isn't a person on this planet that would kick my ass wearing those faggy surfer/skater shoes you have.

I would fight to the death on that principle alone.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Wed May 06, 2009 2:16 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Yeah, OK.

There isn't a person on this planet that would kick my ass wearing those faggy surfer/skater shoes you have.

I would fight to the death on that principle alone.
:lol:

Thats all I've got.

GO GRIZ!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 pm

:lol: :wink: #-o :lol:

www.maroonblood.com

ChiOCat

Post by ChiOCat » Wed May 06, 2009 2:26 pm

I CAN THINK OF NOTHING WORSE!!

I really do like Favre, despite all the drama last year. I did root for the Jets last year because of him. BUT I CANNOT AND WILL NOT ROOT FOR THE VIKINGS!! And that would really suck to have to root against Brett. So can he just retire. And stay retired.

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Wed May 06, 2009 2:47 pm

I was just watching E:60 and they had a segment about Brett Favre. It was from right after he retired the 2nd time and they kept asking him what would happen if he got the itch to play again. He said there was no possible way that would happen. He realized he couldn't play on the high level he needed to anymore. Said if he wanted to play again he would ignore the feeling and just keep on cutting grass on his lawmower. :^o

GO GRIZ!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:02 pm

He doesn't need to play at a high level to be on the Vikings and beat out the QB's they have on their roster.

:twisted:

www.maroonblood.com

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm

John David Booty is the second coming of Matt Cassell. And didn't you see the amazing game Sage had against Indianapolis last year. Won the game for Indy all by himself. Tavarias might be decent is he knew his team was in purple.

Hike the ball, hand it off to AP. Rather simple.

GO GRIZ!

Hammer
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Hammer » Wed May 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Favre loves to see his name in print and hear his name on sports talk radio shows and be on Sportscenter every fugucking night. that is why he is pulling this $hit year after year. I am a die hard Bears fan, and after al those years of him killing the Bears, I eventually came to respect teh guy, simply because he was so good for so long. But after this crap he's pulling I have lost all respect for him. He's unwilling to walk away beacause he can't live without the publicity

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Wed May 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Say what you want about the guy, but he's still a better QB than a whole bunch of NFL QB's. If the Vikings want to give him a shot best of luck to him.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Wed May 06, 2009 11:45 pm

Hammer wrote:Favre loves to see his name in print and hear his name on sports talk radio shows and be on Sportscenter every fugucking night. that is why he is pulling this $hit year after year. I am a die hard Bears fan, and after al those years of him killing the Bears, I eventually came to respect teh guy, simply because he was so good for so long. But after this crap he's pulling I have lost all respect for him. He's unwilling to walk away beacause he can't live without the publicity
let me start by saying that as a vikes fan, i'll admit i may be biased on this one! but first, in this case, it wasn't brett contacting the nfl about playing again, but rather the vikes contacting him, and asking him to come out of retirement. and i might be wrong, but i'd rather have a 40, 50, or even 60 year old brett favre throwing passes than t-jack, and rosenfels. to me, this fit seems perfect, and i'll bet any amount of money that you'll see number 4 starting for the vikes come opening day. and last, i think that you aren't giving the media enough credit. how do you know that brett loves to see his name in the press? all his years in the league, he seems like the last person who was rushing to be in the media spotlight. for all i know, he hates the attention but it comes with the territory. i guess you know him better than i and i can accept that. and last, last, #-o why is it that people get so annoyed with athletes coming out of retirement when everyday folks do it all the time? my dad has retired twice. my gramps more than that. i'd guess i could find several people on this board alone that called it a career, fished and golfed for a while, became bored to death, and went back to work. why are athletes any different? they do what they love their entire lives. then they call it quits. why are they not allowed to get that same itch the rest of the world gets if they don't feel like sitting around? and like i said in the beginning, the vikes are pursuing brett, not the other way around.

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Thu May 07, 2009 8:13 am

Re/MaxGriz posted this on eGriz.
From an SI article today:

So let me get this straight: Favre still has a partially torn biceps in his throwing arm, hasn't worked out at all this offseason, turns 40 in October, and lost four of his final five starts last season, throwing nine interceptions, two touchdowns, with a passer rating of 55.4?

Yeah, I can see why the Vikings would jump all over him.
Not sure if he is worth it anymore.

GO GRIZ!

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Thu May 07, 2009 9:15 am

BDizzle wrote:Re/MaxGriz posted this on eGriz.
From an SI article today:

So let me get this straight: Favre still has a partially torn biceps in his throwing arm, hasn't worked out at all this offseason, turns 40 in October, and lost four of his final five starts last season, throwing nine interceptions, two touchdowns, with a passer rating of 55.4?

Yeah, I can see why the Vikings would jump all over him.
Not sure if he is worth it anymore.
all good points. except we have no idea what he's done this offseason. he didn't work out at all least year and still had the jets playing well. as i said before, his age means nothing to me. minnesota is clearly a better fit than the jets were. everything is in place for him. will he throw a lot of interceptions? sure will. he has his entire career. the difference is he's the throw the same amount, or less than our other two options, but he'll also throw touchdowns! there's no denying that favre ****** the bed at the end of last season. but that won't mean that that's how he'll play this year. that's why they play the game. we see guys all the time that seem to fall off the face of the earth for a season or two, only to come back better than ever, ala kurt warner. and the part that everyone seems to be missing.....tavaris jackson and sage rosenfels SUCK! if they start, i'll support them, and cheer them on. but the fact of the matter is even as i type this.....brett favre would be the best quarterback for the vikings.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu May 07, 2009 11:36 am

Sorry I'm going to be that guy.....

All of you that are bashing Favre need to back the hell off! The only reason that we are hearing about Favre is that no other prof athlete is causing problems right now. Sportswriters are bored and so are running with this. They've been writing for weeks about Favre coming back even before the Jets released him, which just added fuel to the fire. I'm not saying that Favre won't come back this year, all I'm saying is that he hasn't been chasing the spotlight, it's been chasing him. And as has been said before, in any other profession would anybody give a rats arse if someone wanted to unretire. Who cares, but the bored jacka$$es that have nothing better to do than drag his name through the mud. When it all comes down to it, Favre will be remembered winning a superbowl in a Yellow Helmet, these last few years will just be a blip on the radar, unless of course all the Favre haters continue to keep pissing on his name.... :evil:

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN