Favre - is it deja vu all over again....again?

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Favre - is it deja vu all over again....again?

Post by BDizzle » Thu May 07, 2009 12:01 pm

technoCat wrote:Sorry I'm going to be that guy.....

All of you that are bashing Favre need to back the hell off! The only reason that we are hearing about Favre is that no other prof athlete is causing problems right now. Sportswriters are bored and so are running with this. They've been writing for weeks about Favre coming back even before the Jets released him, which just added fuel to the fire. I'm not saying that Favre won't come back this year, all I'm saying is that he hasn't been chasing the spotlight, it's been chasing him. And as has been said before, in any other profession would anybody give a rats arse if someone wanted to unretire. Who cares, but the bored jacka$$es that have nothing better to do than drag his name through the mud. When it all comes down to it, Favre will be remembered winning a superbowl in a Yellow Helmet, these last few years will just be a blip on the radar, unless of course all the Favre haters continue to keep pissing on his name.... :evil:
I didn't know Favre's father was a Bobcat fan.

GO GRIZ!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu May 07, 2009 12:21 pm

BDizzle wrote: I didn't know Favre's father was a Bobcat fan.
Perfect. :D

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:02 pm

Yahoo sports is reporting that Favre is saying he is staying retired. I don't have a link yet.

Edit:
link http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=y ... &type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Maybe Fran Tarkenton is available.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu May 07, 2009 4:52 pm

BDizzle wrote:

All of you that are bashing Favre need to back the hell off! The only reason that we are hearing about Favre is that no other prof athlete is causing problems right now. Sportswriters are bored and so are running with this. They've been writing for weeks about Favre coming back even before the Jets released him, which just added fuel to the fire. I'm not saying that Favre won't come back this year, all I'm saying is that he hasn't been chasing the spotlight, it's been chasing him. And as has been said before, in any other profession would anybody give a rats arse if someone wanted to unretire. Who cares, but the bored jacka$$es that have nothing better to do than drag his name through the mud. When it all comes down to it, Favre will be remembered winning a superbowl in a Yellow Helmet, these last few years will just be a blip on the radar, unless of course all the Favre haters continue to keep pissing on his name.... :evil:
It says right in my signature that I'm 15 years younger than favre but good one. Oh and Favre is denying any claims that he ever even talked to Childress. Oh but he must be lying cause he's a self-centered old man who is probably going senile in his old age and is making it all up just so BDizzle will talk about him. Get a life!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Thu May 07, 2009 9:02 pm

technoCat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:

It says right in my signature that I'm 15 years younger than favre but good one. Oh and Favre is denying any claims that he ever even talked to Childress. Oh but he must be lying cause he's a self-centered old man who is probably going senile in his old age and is making it all up just so BDizzle will talk about him. Get a life!
Actually it says you've been a Cats fan since 1984. Maybe before that you were a fan of Southern Mississippi? Then when your son turned 15 and nobody was recruiting him out of high school you figured he might go to I-AA. You saw that Montana State had won the NC that year so you just picked them. Very honorable that you have kept cheering for Montana State since then.

GO GRIZ!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri May 08, 2009 9:56 am

BDizzle wrote:
technoCat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:

Actually it says you've been a Cats fan since 1984. Maybe before that you were a fan of Southern Mississippi? Then when your son turned 15 and nobody was recruiting him out of high school you figured he might go to I-AA. You saw that Montana State had won the NC that year so you just picked them. Very honorable that you have kept cheering for Montana State since then.
Wow, do a little research. Favre graduated from Southern Miss when I was 7, in fact the year my brother was born. Second, I must be some kind of genius to know that the Cats where gonna win the Championship and jump on the bandwagon since I started right after their 1-11 season. But ok, keep drinking the dark pink kool-aid, the big red man won't hurt you.
:wink:

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Fri May 08, 2009 10:25 am

technoCat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
technoCat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:

Wow, do a little research. Favre graduated from Southern Miss when I was 7, in fact the year my brother was born. Second, I must be some kind of genius to know that the Cats where gonna win the Championship and jump on the bandwagon since I started right after their 1-11 season. But ok, keep drinking the dark pink kool-aid, the big red man won't hurt you.
You just don't understand a joke, do you? I KNOW you aren't his dad. I know Brett Favre was born in 1969 and graduated from Souther Miss in 1991. I know Southern Miss was the only I-A school to offer him a scholarship. I know he was recruited as a DB but by the third game his freshman year was their starting QB. I know he led Southern Miss to a huge upset over Florida State. I know I know. I WAS JUST HAVING SOME FUN. :roll:

GO GRIZ!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri May 08, 2009 10:43 am

BDizzle wrote:
technoCat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
technoCat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:

You just don't understand a joke, do you? I KNOW you aren't his dad. I know Brett Favre was born in 1969 and graduated from Souther Miss in 1991. I know Southern Miss was the only I-A school to offer him a scholarship. I know he was recruited as a DB but by the third game his freshman year was their starting QB. I know he led Southern Miss to a huge upset over Florida State. I know I know. I WAS JUST HAVING SOME FUN. :roll:
Actually i think his biggest upset was over alabama. Did you know that he was in a car accident, lost 40 feet of small intestine, lost like 30 lbs and played a game(which they won) a month after the accident? He may have become a prima donna in his old age but damn he is/was a tough sob.

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Fri May 08, 2009 12:30 pm

technoCat wrote: Actually i think his biggest upset was over alabama. Did you know that he was in a car accident, lost 40 feet of small intestine, lost like 30 lbs and played a game(which they won) a month after the accident? He may have become a prima donna in his old age but damn he is/was a tough sob.
Wow 40 ft huh? Or did you mean 30 inches? He really is superhuman if they had to remove 40 ft since the average human small intestine is half that. But I agree he is a tough SOB. And I really don't care if he stays retired or not. Never have I said different. I just hope he doesn't ruin his legacy by having another below average year. My two favorite players of all time, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, should've retired before they did.

GO GRIZ!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri May 08, 2009 3:21 pm

BDizzle wrote:
technoCat wrote: Actually i think his biggest upset was over alabama. Did you know that he was in a car accident, lost 40 feet of small intestine, lost like 30 lbs and played a game(which they won) a month after the accident? He may have become a prima donna in his old age but damn he is/was a tough sob.
Wow 40 ft huh? Or did you mean 30 inches? He really is superhuman if they had to remove 40 ft since the average human small intestine is half that. But I agree he is a tough SOB. And I really don't care if he stays retired or not. Never have I said different. I just hope he doesn't ruin his legacy by having another below average year. My two favorite players of all time, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, should've retired before they did.
"The small intestine in adults is a long and narrow tube about 7 meters (23 feet) long. The large intestine is so called because it is wide in diameter. However, it is shorter than the small intestine - only about 1.5 meters (5 feet) long."

Ok i exaggerated a little bit, musta been like 4 feet.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri May 08, 2009 3:23 pm

technoCat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
"The small intestine in adults is a long and narrow tube about 7 meters (23 feet) long. The large intestine is so called because it is wide in diameter. However, it is shorter than the small intestine - only about 1.5 meters (5 feet) long."

On August 7, 1990, Brett had surgery and had 30 inches of his small intestine removed. He also lost 40lbs because he couldn’t eat a normal diet during this trying time. You’re probably thinking, “Oh, no! Brett’s senior season is history!” Not so fast, skeptics. On September 8th, one month after having surgery, Brett pulled off one of the greatest victories in Southern Mississippi history. The Golden Eagles beat Alabama 27-24 on a comeback win from the comeback kid!

k i was way off...

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Fri May 08, 2009 3:26 pm

technoCat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:

Favre is now sending his medical records to the Vikings. I thought he just told them he wasn't interested?

GO GRIZ!

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 pm

This is really starting to get good.

It messes with the Vikings.....and pisses off the Packers.

As a Bears fan I love it.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri May 08, 2009 3:40 pm

I'm a little confused why whoever is lying in this whole scenario is lying (and I suspect it is Favre's people that are lying, incidentally).

Why not just be honest and say, "Yeah, we are thinking about coming back with the Vikings?" Why all of the cloak and dagger (and lying) drama?

Apologies in advance to anyone who will take offense to me questioning the honesty of Paul Bunyan's agent.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:I'm a little confused why whoever is lying in this whole scenario is lying (and I suspect it is Favre's people that are lying, incidentally).

Why not just be honest and say, "Yeah, we are thinking about coming back with the Vikings?" Why all of the cloak and dagger (and lying) drama?

Apologies in advance to anyone who will take offense to me questioning the honesty of Paul Bunyan's agent.
Just a ballpark guess (because no one but the involved parties really know anything)....but could this be a negotiating ploy by Favre and his team? The Vikings have expressed interest, so they are invested in getting him........but the Packers still have an offer to Favre for $20 mil to do PR for the Packers (without playing) - he goes to the highest bidder.

Another wild hare thought.
Listening to Colin Cowherd, he was saying earlier that producers of major FB productions (like Monday Night FB, or NBC's Sunday night) receive huge multi-million dollar bonuses for reaching and exceeding ratings targets. Rather just dealing the hand that's given them by promoting the good games this fall.....could they be trying to create good marketable matchups right now, by attempting to manipulate the Free Agent market? Cowherd went through the Vikings schedule and said that they have 2 legit Prime Time games right now....but with Favre they'd have 9 legit Prime Time games.
At the very least, they (ESPN at least) have good ratings on Favre's indecision now....they learned that last year.......and kind of the year before.
I'll take off my tinfoil hat now. :lol:

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Fri May 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:I'm a little confused why whoever is lying in this whole scenario is lying (and I suspect it is Favre's people that are lying, incidentally).

Favre didn't lie, he simply said he's "still retired". And until he isn't he is, got it? :) :wink:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri May 08, 2009 4:39 pm

one thing i want to say from an unbiased objective is I hate when they say "a source close to the issue" leaked info. So they start spinning all these stories like they are absolute fact and for all we know the source is the laundry boy or the accountant that overheard something or spilled bogus info just to make some money from the media. But of course by not leaking the informant the media is free to write whatever it wants and if it's wrong to just play it all off as false information from a "credible" source.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri May 08, 2009 4:43 pm

technoCat wrote:one thing i want to say from an unbiased objective is I hate when they say "a source close to the issue" leaked info. So they start spinning all these stories like they are absolute fact and for all we know the source is the laundry boy or the accountant that overheard something or spilled bogus info just to make some money from the media. But of course by not leaking the informant the media is free to write whatever it wants and if it's wrong to just play it all off as false information from a "credible" source.
Of course, when we hear info sources to "a source close to the issue," the information almost always turns out to be true ... because that "source close to the issue" is generally a high ranking person in the know, and neither that person nor the reporter can afford to have their reputations messed with by putting out bad information.

I tend to put a lot more faith in "sources close to the issue" than I do agents. Agents lie for a living ... that's what they are paid to do. Most other people don't have that luxury.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Fri May 08, 2009 5:04 pm

technoCat wrote:one thing i want to say from an unbiased objective is I hate when they say "a source close to the issue" leaked info. So they start spinning all these stories like they are absolute fact and for all we know the source is the laundry boy or the accountant that overheard something or spilled bogus info just to make some money from the media. But of course by not leaking the informant the media is free to write whatever it wants and if it's wrong to just play it all off as false information from a "credible" source.
Yep, I hate it when that happens. Thank God that kind of stuff doesn't happen on message boards. :roll: :wink:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....