officially a colt anderson fan...

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

officially a colt anderson fan...

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:28 pm

now that he's a minnesota viking! hope he works his ass off and makes the squad! =D^

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: officially a colt anderson fan...

Post by gtapp » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:50 pm

As a Vikings fan I can only hope that he does not make the team. I also wish the Vikings would quit signing X-Packers!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:45 pm

gtapp wrote:As a Vikings fan I can only hope that he does not make the team. I also wish the Vikings would quit signing X-Packers!
as a montanan, i hope he makes the team, starts on special teams, and lays some hits! speaking of packers, anyone planning on making the trip to the dome to watch vikes-pack on monday night this year?

Toucat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Toucat » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:58 am

I too like to see any Montanan do well. I thought what bpcats posted on the other team's board was exciting for Anderson:

"I copied this from the Vikings Scout site. It sounded like they had to outbid quite a few teams to gets him. They must think very highly of him.

The Vikings are willing to outbid other teams with certain undrafted rookies because they value the potential of the undrafted free agent and realize their contributions on special teams. Who was the big winner this year?

Spielman said. “Usually that’s where you’re going to get your special teamers. There are certain qualities that you look for on film and watching him on defense because sometimes those guys don’t play on special teams because they are full-time starters on defense, but you watch their movement skills, watch how they tackle in the open field and you kind of project potentially what they can be as special teams players.”

While Abdullah drew a $10,000 roster bonus for signing with the Vikings, offensive tackle Drew Radovich of USC drew the biggest bonus last year among undrafted free agents at $23,000.

This year, it looks like safety Colt Anderson of Wyoming might garner that prize. He got $20,000 to sign with Minnesota after the draft, according to Scout.com’s Ed Thompson, who said of the approximately 30 UDFA contracts he has uncovered across the NFL, Anderson is one of only two players to receive that kind of a bonus."

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:05 am

Colt Anderson of Wyoming
WTF?

#-o :evil: :thumbdown:

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:38 am

GrizinWashington wrote:
Colt Anderson of Wyoming
WTF?

ha. while i do agree that is annoying, it does help prove my point that no matter how great the griz fans think they are, people outside of montana simply don't know them. that being said, how hard is it to do a little research and see where a kid came from? #-o

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:41 am

GrizinWashington wrote:
Colt Anderson of Wyoming
WTF?

Yeah, that's too bad he didn't receive the appropriate recognition. But, maybe it does kinda prove that Montana isn't as well recognized nationally as some would think.

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

coppercat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coppercat » Sun May 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Isn' Colt from BUTTE AMERICA?