The Masters

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

The Masters

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:08 am

Okay - who ya got? Will Paddy pick up #3 on his way to the Paddy-Slam? Does Tiger win it again on a rehabbed knee? Can Phil pick up major #4? Or how about Vijay, Ernie, or Retief? Greg Norman is back in the field this year - can he quiet the ghosts of Masters' past? Will Sergio put his critics to rest as "Best player to never win a major." Does Immelman repeat? A lot of cool story lines going in as The Masters kicks off on Thursday. I think Tiger and Phil are playing about as good as anyone (although Lefty laid a goose egg this past week). I would love to see Freddy Couples win it, but that's just nostalgic thinking.

WORM
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: The Masters

Post by WORM » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:42 am

I like 2 guys to step up for this win. Camilo Villegas or Anthony Kim. Both up and comers who dont seem to get rattled by the big stage. I see this as a coming out party for one or even both.

I'll have three fingers of Glenlivet, with a little bit of pepper... and some cheese.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:52 pm

I'm thinking something like last year when Immelman came out of nowhere. Who that could be this year is anybody's guess. It's probably going to be somebody who's a good putter.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Cledus wrote:I'm thinking something like last year when Immelman came out of nowhere. Who that could be this year is anybody's guess. It's probably going to be somebody who's a good putter.
Then you can cross Sergio off the list!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:23 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:
Cledus wrote:I'm thinking something like last year when Immelman came out of nowhere. Who that could be this year is anybody's guess. It's probably going to be somebody who's a good putter.
Then you can cross Sergio off the list!
I know, that sucks. Sergio's on my fantasy team. I thought him being so close to #1 in the world rankings might motivate him to work harder on his game. I was wrong.

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:15 pm

My money's on Carl Spackler...
This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the Masters champion ... He's on his final hole. He's about 455 yards away, he's gonna hit about a 2 iron I think ... IT'S IN THE HOLE!

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 pm

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm rootin' for the Shark.

But I don't think he's got a chance

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:50 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:I'm rootin' for the Shark.

But I don't think he's got a chance
He and Freddy were my favorites as a kid. It was hard to watch him lose it year after year. I'll definitely be pulling for him.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:46 pm

WORM wrote:I like 2 guys to step up for this win. Camilo Villegas or Anthony Kim. Both up and comers who dont seem to get rattled by the big stage. I see this as a coming out party for one or even both.
wow. we're really on the same page with this one. my espn best ball team is villegas, kim, luke donald, and john merrick. let's hope we're as smart as we sound! :wink:

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?