Billings West vs Missoula Sentinel

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Billings West vs Missoula Sentinel

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:59 pm

First game was a good one. I think sentinel won by a narrow margin. That game was in Missoula as is this one.

West has a couple players - the Dowler twins - coming to MSU.

They’re definitely the two best teams in the state this year in AA. It’s supposed to be nasty Friday night weather-wise.

West 28
Sentinel 27

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Billings West vs Missoula Sentinel

Post by John K » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:39 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:59 pm
First game was a good one. I think sentinel won by a narrow margin. That game was in Missoula as is this one.

West has a couple players - the Dowler twins - coming to MSU.

They’re definitely the two best teams in the state this year in AA. It’s supposed to be nasty Friday night weather-wise.

West 28
Sentinel 27
It should be a great game. They've definitely been the two best AA teams the past two years. As I recall, the championship game was pretty close last year too, but Sentinel came out on top. They are too evenly matched for Sentinel to win three straight. I think West edges then in a close game this time. CMR, Capital and West dominated AA football for many, many years. CMR hasn't won a title since 2009 and only played in the championship once since then, in 2014. Capital hasn't been in the title game since they won it in 2011. West is the only one that is still a consistent contender.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:31 am

West got off to a horrible start last week vs Capital, but poured it on after that. Two really good teams. Sentinel keeps getting them at home. Both are very well coached.

West 20
Sentinel 14

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:00 pm

Can West stack the deck the same way as sentinel? Seems sentinel is the one paying fines for tampering.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic