MT Recruits - Tier 1

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

MT Recruits - Tier 1

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:14 pm

Tier 1 - "Rare for the State of Montana"

Prospects in this tier:

- have shown the ability to be full-scholarship FBS football players out of high school
- will commonly receive mutiple scholarship offers from both FBS and FCS schools
- will likely NOT redshirt if they sign with a FCS school and should make an immediate impact (Day 1 starter or in rotation)
- will likely redshirt if they sign with a FBS school but should push for playing time within two years (redshirt sophomore season)
- consistently demonstrate a mismatch on tape in athletic ability, size, smarts, and technique while on the field in high school
- commonly have the best production in the state at their given position
- players in this tier are "rare for the state of Montana" as only a handful of them come around each decade
- commonly have been selected All-State all four years at their position(s) during high school
- have potential to be muti-year All-Americans at the FCS level with a good chance playing in the NFL


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: MT Recruits - Tier 1

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:46 pm

1.) Dylan Rollins (Missoula Sentinel) – 6'5”, 285 lbs. – OL (BYU)

Image

Top 5 plays:

Position fit in college: Anywhere on the offensive line other than left tackle

2.) Kenneth Eiden IV (Bozeman) – 6'1”, 240 lbs. – DE/OLB (Montana State)

Image

Top 5 plays:

Position fit in college: Defensive End/Rush End/3-Tech DL

3.) Jace Klucewich (Missoula Sentinel) – 5'10”, 170 lbs. – WR/S (Montana)

Image

Top 5 plays:

2:03 - Reads run, takes a great angle, and sticks the runner upon contact.
4:21 - He's the best punt returner I've seen coming out of high school since I've started covering MT recruits in 2015.
4:57 - Not his best catch in his highlight but the adjustment he makes here (despite the wide open throw) shows off how special his awareness is as a playmaker.

Position fit in college: Slot Receiver/Free Safety/Returner


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 16303
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: MT Recruits - Tier 1

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 pm

What happened here?


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

Prodigal Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 am

Re: MT Recruits - Tier 1

Post by Prodigal Cat » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:38 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 pm
What happened here?
I guess ill take stab. There are only 3 kids that fit Tier 1??? Kids that will get FBS offers and offers from both Montana schools.

In fact 3 is quite a bit. I'm not sure any of the '22 kids fit here. The Dowler kids are elusive but don't really have the size. Simpson kid has elite speed but does it translate on the field? Maybe Hout but i'm not sold on him being an FBS QB. In a few months though a few kids might just move up to here in their senior year. I'm sure its Vandenacre but i'm probably a bit of biased source (he's my nephew).


Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: MT Recruits - Tier 1

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:54 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 pm
What happened here?
Not finished with my editing yet. I've procrastinated terribly with the 2021 recap.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: MT Recruits - Tier 1

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:56 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:38 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 pm
What happened here?
I guess ill take stab. There are only 3 kids that fit Tier 1??? Kids that will get FBS offers and offers from both Montana schools.

In fact 3 is quite a bit. I'm not sure any of the '22 kids fit here. The Dowler kids are elusive but don't really have the size. Simpson kid has elite speed but does it translate on the field? Maybe Hout but i'm not sold on him being an FBS QB. In a few months though a few kids might just move up to here in their senior year. I'm sure its Vandenacre but i'm probably a bit of biased source (he's my nephew).
Maybe Taco Dowler. If Zac Crews had a bigger frame, he'd be a Tier 1. Right now I have both in the Tier 2 classification with Taco being really close.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
The Butcher
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3397
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: MT Recruits - Tier 1

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:49 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:56 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:38 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 pm
What happened here?
I guess ill take stab. There are only 3 kids that fit Tier 1??? Kids that will get FBS offers and offers from both Montana schools.

In fact 3 is quite a bit. I'm not sure any of the '22 kids fit here. The Dowler kids are elusive but don't really have the size. Simpson kid has elite speed but does it translate on the field? Maybe Hout but i'm not sold on him being an FBS QB. In a few months though a few kids might just move up to here in their senior year. I'm sure its Vandenacre but i'm probably a bit of biased source (he's my nephew).
Maybe Taco Dowler. If Zac Crews had a bigger frame, he'd be a Tier 1. Right now I have both in the Tier 2 classification with Taco being really close.
Has your opinion changed on Dowler following the season? Did MSU offer a scholarship?



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: MT Recruits - Tier 1

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:54 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:49 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:56 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:38 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 pm
What happened here?
I guess ill take stab. There are only 3 kids that fit Tier 1??? Kids that will get FBS offers and offers from both Montana schools.

In fact 3 is quite a bit. I'm not sure any of the '22 kids fit here. The Dowler kids are elusive but don't really have the size. Simpson kid has elite speed but does it translate on the field? Maybe Hout but i'm not sold on him being an FBS QB. In a few months though a few kids might just move up to here in their senior year. I'm sure its Vandenacre but i'm probably a bit of biased source (he's my nephew).
Maybe Taco Dowler. If Zac Crews had a bigger frame, he'd be a Tier 1. Right now I have both in the Tier 2 classification with Taco being really close.
Has your opinion changed on Dowler following the season? Did MSU offer a scholarship?
Taco is a full-ride kid for sure. He and Crews are Tier 1 football players. They deserve scholarship offers from FBS schools.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Post Reply