2017 State Champ Predictions

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

2017 State Champ Predictions

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:34 am

Class AA

Billings Senior over Helena High

Class A

Columbia Falls over Hamilton

Class B

Eureka over Shelby

Class C 8-Man

Forsyth over Drummond/Philipsburg

Class C 6-Man

Westby/Grenora over Bridger
Last edited by VimSince03 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Triple C
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: 2017 State Champ Predictions

Post by Triple C » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:12 pm

As much as I'd love to see the Bengals in the chipper, I don't think they'll make it out of the playoffs again. Their loss against Flathead seems to be typical of their late season play the past two decades under Arnston.

Stitt: "Griz got 5 best in state. Small Montana class, but quality" Translation? "We didn't want all of the ones we offered"

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:21 am

Triple C wrote:As much as I'd love to see the Bengals in the chipper, I don't think they'll make it out of the playoffs again. Their loss against Flathead seems to be typical of their late season play the past two decades under Arnston.
They made the semifinals just last year...is that not good?

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:32 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Triple C wrote:As much as I'd love to see the Bengals in the chipper, I don't think they'll make it out of the playoffs again. Their loss against Flathead seems to be typical of their late season play the past two decades under Arnston.
I think most Bengal fans are frustrated over the last 20 years with the playoff results under Arnston. His teams tend to under-perform their talent level late in the year. Most of us believe HHS should have at least 2, maybe 3 state titles in the last 2 decades, starting with the class of 1997.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 am

91catAlum wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I think most Bengal fans are frustrated over the last 20 years with the playoff results under Arnston. His teams tend to under-perform their talent level late in the year. Most of us believe HHS should have at least 2, maybe 3 state titles in the last 2 decades, starting with the class of 1997.
Gotchya.