Senior High Basketball dog collar hazing

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

jagur1
Member # Retired

Senior High Basketball dog collar hazing

Post by jagur1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:58 pm

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high- ... c8334.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know they'll get into trouble, still funny as heck. Those things hurt, used one on my leg once just to see.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Senior High Basketball dog collar hazing

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Pretty tame compared to some of the stuff that went on when I was in HS.

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 am

MSU recruit Chad Newell is part of the group that was suspended. :oops:

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:30 pm

wbtfg wrote:Pretty tame compared to some of the stuff that went on when I was in HS.
That has been a topic of conversation in our household lately. For all of the "what's wrong with the kids today" stuff that we hear, it's scary when I think back to all of the horrible things that happened to kids (and all of the incredibly stupid other stuff that we did) back when I was in school. And yeah, this particular case wouldn't even be worth mentioning in the context of sorts of things I remember.

I think this is part of the positive aspect of our 24/7 news cycle and internet info culture -- people are becoming far more sensitized to bullying and more proactive in stamping it out (even if people get a wee bit hypersenstive at times). I think parents were just clueless about all of this stuff, for the most part, when I was a kid.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:23 am

Yeah its amazing this even made the news but hey, everyone is a pussy now days so bring your tissue, video camera and a lawyer.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:51 pm

I really need to stop agreeing with that AlphaGriz1.....
I think back to my high school days and the things we did to underclassmen AND the things we had done to us. Nuff said there.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:24 pm

As a parent of two young children, I much prefer that they grow up in a time when people work to discourage bullying than have them experience (or perpetrate) some of the crap I saw kids experience when I was in school.

This focus on eliminating that kind of crap in our schools is a good thing, IMO. Sure, it can go overboard, like anything else. But the fact that bullying is no longer tolerated as merely "kids being kids" is a sign of positive changes in our culture.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:As a parent of two young children, I much prefer that they grow up in a time when people work to discourage bullying than have them experience (or perpetrate) some of the crap I saw kids experience when I was in school.

This focus on eliminating that kind of crap in our schools is a good thing, IMO. Sure, it can go overboard, like anything else. But the fact that bullying is no longer tolerated as merely "kids being kids" is a sign of positive changes in our culture.

Good post. With 3 of my own I couldn't agree more.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Once again, nobody knows the WHOLE story. Media... :roll:

This kid that was "hazed" started the whole damn thing. He was one of the biggest kids on the team. When they all got "back" at him the phones came out (mistake).

Moral of the story? The kids a pussy. (and has since transferred to West)

As for Chad Newell, don't worry about his character. His parents have taught him right from wrong. He'll be fine. This was a simple "kids being kids" thing and, as usual, SD2 overreacted.

P.S. My buddies kid was one of the suspended. Simply put, knee-jerk reaction by SD2.