Class C B-Ball

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

crzy-cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Class C B-Ball

Post by crzy-cat » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:29 am

Last week I got the priviledge to watch the Ennis teams play. I figured their girls would be good, and they are. Then the boys came out on the floor - and HOLY COW. Somebody better start the recruiting for underclassmen. The Sullivan and McKitrick kids aren't seniors yet, but they are the real deal. Big (and should grow somemore), Fast as any guard, not afraid to put it up from the outside, or start banging around inside the key. I was just imagining what those boys would look like playing football for the Cats....?

Regardless, Class C has been served notice that the Western Division will be very tough for the next couple of years, at least. Ennis lost to Twin Bridges by 5 or so, and they knocked off Manahattan Christian before Christmas. It will be a very entertaining year to see who survives the 11-12C and makes the trip to Divisionals.

Big Time 6-man fan. Pulling hard for all the 6-man players at MSU (the Young boys). Of course dUMb has a total of "0" 6-man players.

falconcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Class C B-Ball

Post by falconcat » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:01 pm

The regular season for Class C has come to a conclusion. Both the Twin Bridges Falcon Boys and Girls when through the conference scheduled undefeated, and should continue to be strong though District Tournament(s). If the continue to play strong should make the State Tournaments, and be contenders. Great group of student athletics, coaches, admistration, and community support. We are indeed fortunate. Go Falcons!! =D^

falconcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by falconcat » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:58 am

Twin Boys and Girls in the Western Divisional 'Chipper" tonight. Boys take on Drummond, and the Ladies play Ennis, 4th meeting this year, and Twin wins them all. Good Luck!!

19CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 19CAT » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Heading into the Class C Boys State Tournament it appears that the south and the east are the toughest Divisions. It is always interesting to see how they match up but with Fairview and St. Labre I think they are the favorites. I have seen Twin, Drummond, Big Sandy, Highwood, Fairview, and Saint Labre this year. Melstone might be coming into their own after pulling off the upset Sat. night?? Twin is a good sized team and do a lot of dribble drive, Drummond is kind of the same way. Big Sandy is a surprise out of the north but with Lackner as the coach we shouldn't really be surprised. Highwood is very young and scrappy, but also have a couple of Seniors that come up big. Fairview has got a bunch of good athlete's and play very good basket ball. St. Labre is a well groomed machine. They have missed out the last few years and appear very hungry (I didn't see the game Sat. night as I was in Butte but am still in shock over the upset). After looking at the Bracket I think it will be St. Labre and Melstone in the chipper with St. Labre taking the GOLD!!

Live life to the fullest, unless you are a griz, then don't live at all.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:51 pm

19CAT wrote:Heading into the Class C Boys State Tournament it appears that the south and the east are the toughest Divisions. It is always interesting to see how they match up but with Fairview and St. Labre I think they are the favorites. I have seen Twin, Drummond, Big Sandy, Highwood, Fairview, and Saint Labre this year. Melstone might be coming into their own after pulling off the upset Sat. night?? Twin is a good sized team and do a lot of dribble drive, Drummond is kind of the same way. Big Sandy is a surprise out of the north but with Lackner as the coach we shouldn't really be surprised. Highwood is very young and scrappy, but also have a couple of Seniors that come up big. Fairview has got a bunch of good athlete's and play very good basket ball. St. Labre is a well groomed machine. They have missed out the last few years and appear very hungry (I didn't see the game Sat. night as I was in Butte but am still in shock over the upset). After looking at the Bracket I think it will be St. Labre and Melstone in the chipper with St. Labre taking the GOLD!!
I haven't really followed Class C hoops very closely this year, but I know that the Northern Division has been pretty dominant for many years. It sounds like you believe the North is down this year though?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:47 pm

I saw the Box Elder girls were undefeated and one of the top teams in the state going into divisionals. Two losses (Belt and Winnett/Grass Range) later and they aren't even in the state tourney.