MT High school wrestling

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Re: MT High school wrestling

Post by CPACAT » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Air Force Cat wrote:The seeding tournaments are all wrapped up and all that waits now is a highly anticipated state tournament this weekend in Billings. What are the big surprises of the year and who do you have winning at each level?

My big surprise I would say is Helena High matching Skyview for the most wrestlers at state with 23, don't think that has ever happened. With that many at state and Glacier only qualifying 18 there could be some interesting twists and upsets along the way.

For champions I am going to go:
AA - GFH (I have seen Skyview choke way too many times but it will be close)
A - Laurel with the repeat (Havre/Sidney could surprise though)
B/C - Forsyth (don't think it will even be close)

Should be a great tournament. 4 kids going for a 4x and a couple others trying to keep their streak alive. Travel safe and good luck to everyone!
I think Skyview lost their 215 in the championship match. If he can't go I think GFH is a pretty big favorite.

IYAACYAS

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

First Wrestling Win

Post by CapitalCityCat » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 am

This probably won't get the exposure it deserves on this thread, but I felt it was worth mentioning. This was a very class act by Clancy Ludvigson of Cascade High. I don't know if he's wrestling in the state tournament this weekend, but I'm pulling for him, and for Troy Spurlock.

http://www.kxlh.com/news/i-don-t-think- ... -my-life-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.