AA Freshman football

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Platinumcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

AA Freshman football

Post by Platinumcat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:59 am

So, Anybody out there with information on the how their freshman football class is going to be? My son is playing for Bozeman High's freshman team this fall. They have just under 60 kids out which is terrific. But, they've never played any other AA teams up to this point. Some of the kids did attend a summer camp where they got to go to Billings for a mixer that was attended by West, Skyview, Senior, and Central. It's hard to take much from it as I know many of our boys weren't in attendance and I'm sure it was the same for the other schools.

They play Helena Capital's freshman this Saturday. I am very curious to see how that goes.

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Re: AA Freshman football

Post by CPACAT » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 pm

barechestcat wrote:So, Anybody out there with information on the how their freshman football class is going to be? My son is playing for Bozeman High's freshman team this fall. They have just under 60 kids out which is terrific. But, they've never played any other AA teams up to this point. Some of the kids did attend a summer camp where they got to go to Billings for a mixer that was attended by West, Skyview, Senior, and Central. It's hard to take much from it as I know many of our boys weren't in attendance and I'm sure it was the same for the other schools.

They play Helena Capital's freshman this Saturday. I am very curious to see how that goes.

I watched the CMR frosh scrimmage last friday. They will be very good as I suspect Capital will be as well. They have size and speed on both sides of the ball.

I don't think Great Falls High is going to be very good just from comparing them as 8th graders against the CMR kids.

IYAACYAS

Platinumcat

Post by Platinumcat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:57 pm

You're right Capital is always tough; such a great program running through there right now! I know one or two of the CMR kids through wrestling. So, I was kinda figuring they might be tough.

How's your son looking? Positions? Varsity? Starting?

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:41 pm

barechestcat wrote:You're right Capital is always tough; such a great program running through there right now! I know one or two of the CMR kids through wrestling. So, I was kinda figuring they might be tough.

He will be starting on Friday night a left tackle. No two way starters for CMR. CMR will start 3 juniors on the OL, one senior and right tackle could be a sophomore, junior or senior,

IYAACYAS

Platinumcat

Post by Platinumcat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 pm

CPACAT wrote:
barechestcat wrote:You're right Capital is always tough; such a great program running through there right now! I know one or two of the CMR kids through wrestling. So, I was kinda figuring they might be tough.

He will be starting on Friday night a left tackle. No two way starters for CMR. CMR will start 3 juniors on the OL, one senior and right tackle could be a sophomore, junior or senior,

That's outstanding! Can't wait to tell hiim congrats in person. Until then, pass along a slap on the back for me!