MT High School Players To Watch

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Billings Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MT High School Players To Watch

Post by Billings Cat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:06 am

CPACAT wrote:I would take Blesking and Selin off of my CMR watch list right now. Otto is a stud. He is all over the place. He can play anywhere from D-line, D-End, linebacker or safety.

I watched Schmaing play and was not that impressed.
Offensive lineman are tough to judge on an individual basis. It sounds like if the grizzlies guessed wrong on Schmaing then so did the Cats and Washington State who all offered. The one thing you can't teach is big and Schmaing is plenty of that.

rtb

Post by rtb » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Anyone know who the four OLine guys from Flathead are that were dismissed from the team this week? Was Thomas one of them?

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

Platinumcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Platinumcat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:04 pm

rtb wrote:Anyone know who the four OLine guys from Flathead are that were dismissed from the team this week? Was Thomas one of them?
I hope not....bad Fall for the Thomas family if so.

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

Viva Los Gatos
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Viva Los Gatos » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:08 pm

There seem to have been a pretty good number of Montana HS players at the past couple home games.

The few I recognized were Jordan Sampleton and Jacob Grover at the EWU game and Trey Spirlin and another Capital guy who I'm assuming is Beau Berg at the Drake game.

There have been a number of other HS guys, but didn't recognize them.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Viva Los Gatos wrote:There seem to have been a pretty good number of Montana HS players at the past couple home games.

The few I recognized were Jordan Sampleton and Jacob Grover at the EWU game and Trey Spirlin and another Capital guy who I'm assuming is Beau Berg at the Drake game.

There have been a number of other HS guys, but didn't recognize them.
I brought Shayne Durbin from Fergus down to the Fort Lewis game. I think that Jake Bleskin and the receiver from CFalls were both there as well. Also, there were a couple of really big kids I believe he said they were from Bozeman.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:08 am

Billings Cat wrote:
CPACAT wrote:I would take Blesking and Selin off of my CMR watch list right now. Otto is a stud. He is all over the place. He can play anywhere from D-line, D-End, linebacker or safety.

I watched Schmaing play and was not that impressed.
Offensive lineman are tough to judge on an individual basis. It sounds like if the grizzlies guessed wrong on Schmaing then so did the Cats and Washington State who all offered. The one thing you can't teach is big and Schmaing is plenty of that.

I will tell you that Schmaing looked like an all Ameican comparted to Ginn from Hellgate. Ginn is big and strong but looked horrible against CMR. He beat up on CMR's center pretty good but was in on about 2 tackles, other wise he worked his way out of every play. Some of his best hits were knocking down a receive from behind 15 yards away from the play. On offense he hardly ever hit anyone. Did alot of standing up and watching.

Bleskin played much better this week.

IYAACYAS

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 am

Watched Capital at CMR this weekend. Spirlin from Capital and Otto from CMR are two of the best defensive players I have seen this year.

IYAACYAS

rtb

Post by rtb » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:35 am

rtb wrote:Anyone know who the four OLine guys from Flathead are that were dismissed from the team this week? Was Thomas one of them?
I found the answer to my question here, but it looks like a judge is allowing him to return to the team. I don't know these folks and don't want to run their name down, but it seems as if the priorities might be a little mixed up.

http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/ ... icy/19898/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:42 am

what the hell is wrong with those thomas kids? i think mother mary might wanna spend a little less time defending her kids actions and instead try to understand how they both ended up screwups...

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:44 am

rtb wrote:
I found the answer to my question here, but it looks like a judge is allowing him to return to the team. I don't know these folks and don't want to run their name down, but it seems as if the priorities might be a little mixed up.

http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/ ... icy/19898/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I was the coach those boys would never see the field. The school/courts can make it so you can't suspend them but they cannot determine playing time. Only the coach can and if it were me they wouldn't play.

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:49 pm

stuff like this is getting pretty common. kid a does something stupid, gets suspended under the school's conduct policy and then sues because they shouldn't have their "rights" to extracurricular activities suspended.

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

Viva Los Gatos
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Viva Los Gatos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 pm

catamaran wrote:stuff like this is getting pretty common. kid a does something stupid, gets suspended under the school's conduct policy and then sues because they shouldn't have their "rights" to extracurricular activities suspended.
I wonder if mom is sueing OSU on behalf of her other son.

Billings Cat

Post by Billings Cat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:09 am

Viva Los Gatos wrote:
catamaran wrote:stuff like this is getting pretty common. kid a does something stupid, gets suspended under the school's conduct policy and then sues because they shouldn't have their "rights" to extracurricular activities suspended.
I wonder if mom is sueing OSU on behalf of her other son.
Well, you know, somebody slipped her boy a mickey out in Oregon which explains it all...just ask her... :lol:

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:55 am

edited the original post to add the recent commits.

topshelfthepuck
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by topshelfthepuck » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:52 pm

What about Kellan Clark from Shelby and Monte Folsom from Dillon? Clark seems to be a stud in Class B and Folsom has some good stats on the year as well as his brother plays for the Miami Dolphins.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:01 pm

topshelfthepuck wrote:What about Kellan Clark from Shelby and Monte Folsom from Dillon? Clark seems to be a stud in Class B and Folsom has some good stats on the year as well as his brother plays for the Miami Dolphins.
What positions?

topshelfthepuck
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by topshelfthepuck » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:11 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
topshelfthepuck wrote:What about Kellan Clark from Shelby and Monte Folsom from Dillon? Clark seems to be a stud in Class B and Folsom has some good stats on the year as well as his brother plays for the Miami Dolphins.
What positions?
Clark is listed as a RB/LB and Folsom is a LB I believe

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:22 pm

topshelfthepuck wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
What positions?
Clark is listed as a RB/LB and Folsom is a LB I believe
Done.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:23 pm

I heard Jonathan Richards from Butte Central committed to UM. Anyone else hear that?

BgCATfan

Post by BgCATfan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Tyler Molyneaux had 230 yards rushing and 5td's last night in a win against CJI.
He's already talked with Coach Van Deist from Carroll.