Attention High School Football Fans..................

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Attention High School Football Fans..................

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:23 pm

CMR....................

Thank you for your time and Good Day.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Attention High School Football Fans..................

Post by grizatwork » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:51 am

I would think CMR would be one of the favorites. Capital has got to be up there too. Anyone know what to expect in A, B, and C?

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:01 pm

I have not seen much A ball but Columbia Falls has a receiver that is flat out a stud.

IYAACYAS

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 pm

CPACAT wrote:I have not seen much A ball but Columbia Falls has a receiver that is flat out a stud.
I heard he really played well at MSU's camp.

c.falls cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by c.falls cat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:38 am

LTown Cat wrote:
CPACAT wrote:I have not seen much A ball but Columbia Falls has a receiver that is flat out a stud.
I heard he really played well at MSU's camp.

that's the word on the street. also heard he is warming up to Ash and Co.
...but also heard that basketball is his true love and if a offer was to come his way it might just take it.

BgCATfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BgCATfan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Chinook should have a good year in class C

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:17 am

West High will reemerge this year as one of the top teams in AA, as long as they get some consistent QB play(which should happen as last year's Soph starter is now an experienced Junior).

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Practice starts Friday. Life is good.

IYAACYAS

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:29 am

I have a serious question about high school football for you fans. I'm a single guy in my :(late :( 20s now. Honestly I would feel really weird going to a high school football game. Do you guys go with your wives, or do you have kids playing, or how does that work. I've always felt that attendees at these games are either relatives or friends of players, or high school students. I have never gone to a high school anything since I graduated high school.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

3rdGenerationcat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 3rdGenerationcat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:34 am

hell no go and be a part of your community we moved up to kalispell a few years ago and i started dragging my wife to games immediately there after, we went to meet people and support the kids. The parents were all welcoming at least until they found out we moved from billings but we were forgiven. I would say if you like to watch football go maybe its just me but i can sit and talk football with anyone anywhere some times i even strike a football conversation whilest at the urinal

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:38 am

You go to support the local team. I'd say 1/2 of the non-student home crowd here in Lewistown are neither parent, relative, etc. of the players. It's just a good way to spend a Friday evening--and I'm not much older than you, although I do take my wife and kids.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Football is football, Go, we have been going for several years, usually take my son (daughter has no interest in FB) and wife. about 3 years ago at the scrimmage they need someone to work the chains, since then I have worked the chains and my son does ball boy for all home games. I will even stop in and watch a JV or JH game if I am not busy.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Celtic,
Yes...go to the games.
In fact tomorrow night is a biggie to kick off the Season - CMR vs. Helena High at Vigilante.
Go Bengals

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:52 pm

CelticCat wrote:I have a serious question about high school football for you fans. I'm a single guy in my :(late :( 20s now. Honestly I would feel really weird going to a high school football game. Do you guys go with your wives, or do you have kids playing, or how does that work. I've always felt that attendees at these games are either relatives or friends of players, or high school students. I have never gone to a high school anything since I graduated high school.

I know that a lot of people go to the games that are neither family or students. I frequently go without my wife, even to games where my son is not playing. An even better idea would be to get involved in officiating. I know that the officiating pools are desperate for new officials.

IYAACYAS

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:53 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:Celtic,
Yes...go to the games.
In fact tomorrow night is a biggie to kick off the Season - CMR vs. Helena High at Vigilante.
Go Bengals

I will be at 3 Rustler Bengal games this weekend. Go Rustlers.

IYAACYAS

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:00 pm

CPACAT wrote:
CelticCat wrote:I have a serious question about high school football for you fans. I'm a single guy in my :(late :( 20s now. Honestly I would feel really weird going to a high school football game. Do you guys go with your wives, or do you have kids playing, or how does that work. I've always felt that attendees at these games are either relatives or friends of players, or high school students. I have never gone to a high school anything since I graduated high school.

I know that a lot of people go to the games that are neither family or students. I frequently go without my wife, even to games where my son is not playing. An even better idea would be to get involved in officiating. I know that the officiating pools are desperate for new officials.
That's actually something I have considered. Who would I contact?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:09 pm

CelticCat wrote:
CPACAT wrote:

The MHSA coordiantor for MOA is Theresa Stanisich 406-442-6010

IYAACYAS

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:21 pm

CPACAT wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
CPACAT wrote:

The MHSA coordiantor for MOA is Theresa Stanisich 406-442-6010
Maybe this should be another thread but I've thought about that before too. For those that have done this or even looked into it, what is the time committment that goes along with this? As a guy with a full time job and family that is a big thing, but I know that most of the officials are in the same boat so I assume it is maneageable but I have never actually heard what it takes.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Celtic.... by all means go to a game. You'll enjoy it. We regularly go to Helena High games and never miss the crosstown game. The games are fun to watch and even though we don't know anybody playing, we always run into people we know. Plus, the kids enjoy the support.... it's not much fun playing in front of an empty, quiet stadium.

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 pm

kmax wrote:The MHSA coordiantor for MOA is Theresa Stanisich 406-442-6010
Maybe this should be another thread but I've thought about that before too. For those that have done this or even looked into it, what is the time committment that goes along with this? As a guy with a full time job and family that is a big thing, but I know that most of the officials are in the same boat so I assume it is maneageable but I have never actually heard what it takes.[/quote]
FINALLY PEOPLE INTERESTED IN OFFICIATING
As far as time commitment, it really adapts to your schedule. Most pools in the state have games going five days a week. The only night you are required to participate is study clubs one day a week (in Bozeman its usually on Wed for a couple hours) When we are introducing newer people, I always tell them to try and be available on Monday nights. You get two games training in four man mechanics; a 8th grade game and then a JV game so you can learn at a slower level. Depending on the pool you can work as much or as little as you want, and you can usually get into a varsity game by your second year at the latest

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons