Montana Wyoming All Star rosters

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Billings Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Montana Wyoming All Star rosters

Post by Billings Cat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:37 am

tetoncat wrote:I think Ashley Albert is going to be a very good player for the Bobcats. I think that both Banis and Semansky will need some time to develop and get used to the more physical game with a lot of girls playing at or above their level. Tinkle was great, hope she has success at Stanford.

On boys side, their really was not dominant play from Montana. They were undersized against Wyoming. They shot well Friday to get the big lead, but not as good Sat and Wyoming had their way inside against them. Even with this a banked in 3 with 14 sec left was the only thing that kept Montana from sweeping. Wyoming really only had one guy as an outside threat. I did not think Idol had very good games, He did not show a great shot, but usually was playing the 4 spot a lot with the lineup he was with. He was trying to do most stuff on penetration off the dribble and did not have the size to do that against Wyoming.

Miss Basketball Montana was Tinkle and Mr Basketball Montana was Lear.
Agree with much of what you are saying about the future Cats. I do think Bannis has a great upside in part because she hasn't really played against great competition and with that opportunity is only going to get better. I also really think that many of the player selections that raised some eyebrows for me really didn't do anything to change my mind especially on the girls' side. I think you were right when you said earlier that it's too bad that the roster didn't include some other D1 and D2 basketball signees. Fortunately for the girls, they didn't need great guard play with the advantage they had on the inside. The boys' were definitely undersized, but the Midland Roundtable did that to themselves.