Class C tourney

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Class C tourney

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:36 am

I see the Northern and Eastern C are matched up (Hinsdale v. Belt and Saco v. Highwood) in the semis of the girl's State tourney. Most, maybe all, of the losses by Highwood, Belt, Hinsdale and Saco are to each other.

Hinsdale plays Culbertson in the East C semis. I know someone in Oregon taking great interest in this game. Fritz Neighbor is sure to be tuned into the Harlo/Ryegate v. No. Cheyenne game. I have a feeling both of us will be bummed out tonight.

Anyone else connected to these C schools?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Class C tourney

Post by Billings_Griz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:24 am

East C boys interests me. Scobey won a squeaker yesterday. Play Nashua today whom they've beaten 3 times this year. Hopefully this near-loss was/is a wake up call for them.

Funny story on Fritz. He was working for the Gazette 8-10 years ago and Harlo played at Scobey in FB. After bragging, so to speak, about Harlo in the Gazette all week he went up to cover the game. Scobey won 72-0. Let's just say the "locals" were having fun on Fritz's behalf. He was a good sport thou and was buying beers downtown afterwards.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:08 am

Who does Opheim play? :shock:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:13 am

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:Who does Opheim play? :shock:
Flaxville. Or is it Outlook? Antelope perhaps? #-o

76 cats
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76 cats » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:10 pm

GOOD JOB CULBERTSON COWBOYS LETS GO MONTANA STATE TONIGHT.

HassFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HassFan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:08 pm

The Pierson (sp?) kid from Twin Bridges is one hell of an athlete. He played in the game vs. Scobey/Peerless last night and he moves well (good footwork) for a big kid. He also has a frame that can probably carry an extra 20 or 30 pounds easily. I'm didn't think he had breakaway speed, but he may be deceptively faster than I picked up on. Wish he were coming to MSU instead of the other school. Also, the Crandell kid from Scobey can flat out shoot the ball. I think he had at least 5 treys without touching iron to keep their team in the game. Very quick release - all they had to do was find him with the ball.

Fighting Cancer With Every Breath I Take - Conner, You Are An Inspiration !

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:53 pm

Crandal had 30, 8 3's. Didn't look as good this morning--they got beat.

Twin Bridges beats Rocky Boy. RB up 18 in the first half and loses on a 3 pointer w/ under :10 to play.

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:00 pm

If you did not make it to the class c games tonight, you missed two classics games. Twinbridges was down 16 or 18 points and never had a lead. The Pierson(sp) kid did not play well as he was double, tripled and quadruple team all night long and the guards and forward could not get him the ball down low. It came down to free throws tonight. Rocky Boy could not make any in the last minute of the game and # 5 for Twinbridges hit a 3 pointer to take their first lead of the game with under a second to play. The Metra went nuts. I was hoping for a good battle between #1 for Twinbridges and #40 for Rocky Boy. The kid from Rocky Boy dominated the Pierson kid (#1) for most of the night. These two kids were the best Class C players at state by far. I hope both of them get the change to play at the college level.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:35 am

Peirson (sp?-#1 for TB) signed to play FB for the Griz.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:03 am

The only team I've seen play in the tourney was Rocky Boy (last season), but I was really impressed with them and assumed they'd roll everybody (especially since their enrollment is far above the Class C cutoff ... and larger than some Class A schools, I believe). So I'm really impressed with Twin Bridges coming in and taking them down. Congrats!!!!

And as an aside ... let me post a wild guess ... some Rocky Boy fans complained that the refs cheated for Twin Bridges?

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
And as an aside ... let me post a wild guess ... some Rocky Boy fans complained that the refs cheated for Twin Bridges?
Ya know, I was expecting that. But I didn't see anything on the Billings Gazette blogs. And when I was walking out, I heard more than one RB fan say, "we make our FT's and we win". I think they were just stunned to complain about the officiating, which I though was pretty decent.

From what I heard, they were classy.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:29 pm

That's good to hear. At divisionals last year when Winifred beat them in the championship game, there were several of their fans right in front our section yelling (unprovoked) that the only reason we won was because we had the refs on our side. It is really frustrating anytime any fans uses that argument, as it really demeans the game and the hard play of the players on both teams.

You generally don't see the teams ever say anything that foolish (and the RB players all seemed to be great sports in the game I saw and gracious even in defeat), but a certain segment of some fanbases never will "get it."

But I'm very glad to hear that my guess was wrong. I like being wrong on things like that. :D