Fergus Golden Eagles

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Fergus Golden Eagles

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:17 am

Quite the boys basketball team they got over in Lewistown. Undefeated. Could they be the best team in the State-regardless of classification?
Former Bobcat Justin Brown's son Fisher went off for 54 points last night. He's got 1000 career points and he's just a junior. He's an incredible shooter.

https://www.lewistownnews.com/sports/fe ... 68223.html

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fergus Golden Eagles

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:40 am

They are really good. Easily the best team in class A. Of course, I think they were last year as well--doesn't always mean you win the title!

I can tell you that in summer ball they have rolled some pretty good class AA teams the last two years. Class A also won the HIT last year with 3 players from Lewistown and Royce Robinson getting the MVP.

Fisher is maybe the best pure scorer I've ever seen. He's an exceptional shooter but also has great body control when driving to the basket through contact. He's only going to get better as he gets bigger and stronger. In addition to him I feel Royce is the best overall player in the state this year. They don't get near the press as the AA teams or even the A teams that are in or near AA towns so he probably won't get Gatorade player of the year, but he should.

That game last night had 6 dunks and two missed dunks. The role players aren't as good of bball players but they are all big, strong, athletic kids. You can see why they won state in football.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:41 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:17 am
Quite the boys basketball team they got over in Lewistown. Undefeated. Could they be the best team in the State-regardless of classification?
Former Bobcat Justin Brown's son Fisher went off for 54 points last night. He's got 1000 career points and he's just a junior. He's an incredible shooter.

Downtown Justin Brown? You know you're getting to middle age when the offspring of your college sports heroes are creeping up on college age... :kicksrock:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:54 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:41 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

Downtown Justin Brown? You know you're getting to middle age when the offspring of your college sports heroes are creeping up on college age... :kicksrock:
Ain't that the truth!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:47 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:41 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

Justin was the most consistent player I’ve ever seen out of Montana.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:36 pm

Fergus beat Dillon last night to cap off an undefeated season. Dillon had some fight. They played a 1-3-1 zone all night and slowed the game way down. Lewistown looked like they were feeling the pressure. Their big guns came through though with Royce Robinson and Fisher Brown scoring almost all their points. Fisher suffered a thumb injury in practice on his shooting hand and had it wrapped. It definitely bothered him and when he blocked a shot with that hand he was holding on to it pretty good. He still finished with 25 points with 12 in the 4th quarter. He has one of the purest jump shots you'd ever hope to see.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:54 pm

Good enough to play at MSU?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:20 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:54 pm
Good enough to play at MSU?
Fisher is just a junior so we'll see. I hope so. I hear MSU is showing some interest. He'll have to develop physically. The big question for all these kids is can he play defense at the D-1 level. He's very long-he just needs to fill out. Shooting won't be a problem. I hear Robinson, who is a senior, is going to Carroll.

I was really excited for Caleb Bellach when he signed with MSU. He didn't get much time and understandably transferred to Montana Tech, where all he did was score 1000 points and become the Frontier Conference player of the year. So yeah-it's really tough for Montana kids to have success at MSU's level these days.

Alex Germer looked like a sure thing to me, but when Sprinkle got Caleb Fuller in here, his opportunity for minutes disappeared. I hope Alex sticks it out as he'll only be a sophomore next season, but again-it's really tough.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:38 pm

The best team on the girls side is debatable but SWH girls were the top story. I’ll die on this hill.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cat-o-nine
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat-o-nine » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:47 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:38 pm
The best team on the girls side is debatable but SWH girls were the top story. I’ll die on this hill.
I'm there with you. We watched most of the Class C Boys and Girls games this past week and there wasn't anyone as exciting or fun to watch as SWH. They will be good again next year and probably will be the favorites to win it all again - losing two starters from this years team who were good, but the core of the star players (Erickson, Wassan) come back next season.

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:02 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:40 am
They are really good. Easily the best team in class A. Of course, I think they were last year as well--doesn't always mean you win the title!

I can tell you that in summer ball they have rolled some pretty good class AA teams the last two years. Class A also won the HIT last year with 3 players from Lewistown and Royce Robinson getting the MVP.

Fisher is maybe the best pure scorer I've ever seen. He's an exceptional shooter but also has great body control when driving to the basket through contact. He's only going to get better as he gets bigger and stronger. In addition to him I feel Royce is the best overall player in the state this year. They don't get near the press as the AA teams or even the A teams that are in or near AA towns so he probably won't get Gatorade player of the year, but he should.

That game last night had 6 dunks and two missed dunks. The role players aren't as good of bball players but they are all big, strong, athletic kids. You can see why they won state in football.
Royce has reopened his recruitment due to Carroll's coach resigning.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=ZbWKwL

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96