Results that make you go-hmmmmm

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Results that make you go-hmmmmm

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:30 am

South Dakota State 24, North Dakota State 21. MSU plays SDSU the week after next. We know NDSU is pretty good-having won at Missoula last year. MSU lost to Northern Colorado last year in UNC's first year in 1-AA. SDSU lost at Cal Poly last week 14-7. This game could be a little scarey.

Oklahoma State 42, Colorado 14. This game was in Boulder! The Cats play OSU next year and CU in 2006. Lets hope OSU has a lot of seniors this year.

Cal Poly 24, Southern Utah 17. Cal Poly is still undefeated, but their scores are gettig pretty tight. Could they be losing a little steam? They have Cal Davis coming up this season. That should be a good one.

Texas Tech 70, Nebraska 10. I don't know how smart it is running up the score on Nebraska. Eventually the Husker will turn it around, and TT may wish they were a little more cordial in the upcoming seasons.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:44 pm

I am a little worried about SDSU coming up next week. They are pretty good and with it being a week before the NAU game (which is huge for us) they might catch us napping.

I am glad to see Cal Poly still undefeated. They have a good chance of running the table from here on out. Makes me feel better with that being our only bad loss this season so far (no real chance to beat CSU). And from what it sounded like, we didn't play all that well against them - a game we could have won if we had played to our potential. I know a common theme for us.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:48 pm

SDSU game means nothing to the cats. The way the BSC is going, it's win the BSC or stay home. Cal P or UC Davis will more than likely take the at large bid from the BSC.

That is if UC Davis can go to the playoffs? (edit)
Last edited by jagur1 on Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:58 pm

I believe that the only Great West teams that are post-season eligible this year are Southern Utah and Cal Poly. Right now Poly is looking very good to gain an at large, remains to be seen if that will steal the Big Sky's or not. I think that it would still be possible to get two from the Sky as well as putting Poly in as an at large.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon