University of Providence Argos Women’s Basketball

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

University of Providence Argos Women’s Basketball

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:49 pm

The Argo women are playing in the NAIA National Championship tonight at 6 in Sioux Falls, SD. It can be viewed on ESPN 3 which I can access through my ESPN + subscription. What a great run by these ladies to get to their first ever championship experience.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: University of Providence Argos Women’s Basketball

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:00 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:49 pm
The Argo women are playing in the NAIA National Championship tonight at 6 in Sioux Falls, SD. It can be viewed on ESPN 3 which I can access through my ESPN + subscription. What a great run by these ladies to get to their first ever championship experience.
Wow! A lot of Montana teams (especially WBB) have advanced to the higher echelons of about everything below D-I. I guess I’m unconvinced about Montana not producing good players, or being hard to recruit to.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:13 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:00 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:49 pm
Wow! A lot of Montana teams (especially WBB) have advanced to the higher echelons of about everything below D-I. I guess I’m unconvinced about Montana not producing good players, or being hard to recruit to.
Just checked the UP roster and they have 6 players from MT, 9 from WA, and 1 from Oregon. That shows to me that MSU did quite well in hiring a coach like Logie with such strong ties to the Pacific Northwest. Good luck to UP, hope they win it!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Lady Argos

Post by Common Cat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:32 pm

Congratulations to the University of Providence Lady Argo basketball team beating Carrol in the final 4 to make the NAIA National Championship. They came up short, 57-53 to Dordt University. Amazing to see the Great Falls lady in the chipper!

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 am

It was disappointing that they lost, but what a great run they made in the post-season. They lost 2 out of 3 to Carroll during the regular season, but then beat them in the Frontier championship game and the national semi-finals. They beat the #1 seed in the national tournament in the quarter-finals, and they had won 10 games in a row, 7 in the post-season, before losing in the title game. It was also great to see them do so well, with so many Montana girls on their roster. I hope the community of Great Falls does something special to honor them at some point. As a GF resident, it made me very proud, but it also makes me wish I had gone to one of their games this season.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:07 am

John K wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 am
It was disappointing that they lost, but what a great run they made in the post-season. They lost 2 out of 3 to Carroll during the regular season, but then beat them in the Frontier championship game and the national semi-finals. They beat the #1 seed in the national tournament in the quarter-finals, and they had won 10 games in a row, 7 in the post-season, before losing in the title game. It was also great to see them do so well, with so many Montana girls on their roster. I hope the community of Great Falls does something special to honor them at some point. As a GF resident, it made me very proud, but it also makes me wish I had gone to one of their games this season.
Dordt, who Providence played, is located in Sioux Center Iowa which not very far from Sioux City where the game was played. So they probably had a huge home fan advantage. Interesting thing about Dordt is it is the same denomination a most of the kids who go to Manhattan Christian so there's a lot of MCHS kids who have gone there and a lot of Dordt grads who have taught and coached at MCS. There was an MCHS grad on Dordt's roster who played in that game. Anyway-great season for both teams and sounds like it was a great game.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:10 pm