Thoughts on FBS...

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Thoughts on FBS...

Post by RickRund » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:22 pm

There has been lots of talk regarding the FCS title game. What are your thoughts on Udub and Mich? Looks like Mich favored by 4.5 on espn. Massey has Mich by 31-24... They also have Georgia as their #2 team. Udub last took it 30 years ago something I can not remember. Without searching would that have been with Warren Moon?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Thoughts on FBS...

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:12 pm

I'd take Michigan to win and cover the spread. I also don't touch sports wagering with a ten foot pole because so much of what makes sports so compelling is how unpredictable the results of individual games are! Washington's last title was in 1991, they shared it with Miami with both teams going undefeated because UW as Pac 10 champion was contractually obligated to play in the Rose Bowl at the time against the Big 10 champion. Their starting QB was Billy Joe Hobert and the backup was Mark Brunell, who of course went on to have a much better pro career.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:58 pm

Penix is a hell of a competitor, I wouldn't count him out.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:16 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:58 pm
Penix is a hell of a competitor, I wouldn't count him out.
Yep, he had to have improved his draft stock significantly against Texas. He was absolutely magnificent. I remember watching him way back when he first started as a freshman at Indiana. I think they were playing Michigan. Even way back then, he reminded me of Denarius McGhee. It's like he's a slightly taller, bigger version of DMac. The scrambling ability, balance, throwing motion, pocket presence, accuracy, keeping his eyes downfield... It's uncanny the similarities between the two.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:39 am

RickRund wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:22 pm
There has been lots of talk regarding the FCS title game. What are your thoughts on Udub and Mich? Looks like Mich favored by 4.5 on espn. Massey has Mich by 31-24... They also have Georgia as their #2 team. Udub last took it 30 years ago something I can not remember. Without searching would that have been with Warren Moon?
Warren Moon played for Udub way before their 1991 NC season. I think he played in the early 80's or maybe even late 70's. I'm sure he was already in the NFL by 1991, after having played in the CFL for several years.

MSUBRONCO
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:21 am

I'm a seattle native so you can guess where I'm at, lol GO DAWGS!!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:28 am

John K wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:39 am
RickRund wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:22 pm
Warren Moon played for Udub way before their 1991 NC season. I think he played in the early 80's or maybe even late 70's. I'm sure he was already in the NFL by 1991, after having played in the CFL for several years.
Good grief, that long ago. I must be getting old :lol:

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:38 am

MSUBRONCO wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:21 am
I'm a seattle native so you can guess where I'm at, lol GO DAWGS!!
I was born in Seattle, lived there my first 6 years, and all I can say is ScoDucks and Go Michigan!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride