Around the FCS 11/11

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Around the FCS 11/11

Post by Grizfan7 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:38 pm

After 3 Q's, 64 rushing and 162 passing for PSU. UM has 446 total offense.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:41 pm

Grizfan7 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:35 pm
technoCat wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:17 pm
Oh look they get bailed out of a targeting call, right on queue...
The replay showed that 25 hit the runner with his shoulder as he was going down. It wasn't even a penalty, as the replay showed and the refs called. No one was bailed out; the call was corrected.
Funny how replay clearly showed Askelson jumped over the qb and barely touched him and that didn't get "corrected". You're missing the point. It's not whether the call is correct, it's about the disproportionate amount of times these borderline calls seem to get called "correctly" when it's giving the gris early momentum but the same call isn't made "correctly " for any other team in the conference.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:50 pm

Grizfan7 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:37 pm
technoCat wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:11 pm
Ok I'm f'ing over this bs. How do the Gris get every possible call called for them but we are lucky to get a random false start? You even see Bergen running back with a gris eating grin because he knows that was a bs call. Our wrs are getting mauled running their routes and qbs are getting hit late constantly and nothing. Someone needs to remind the BSC that the gris have not been the flagship of the conference for a decade and this preferential bs needs to end.
The defender had grabbed him and pulling him forward. The announcers noticed it in real time.
The homers noticed it in maroon light
Gf7 you’re the funniest sos on any football forum

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:59 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:11 pm
Ok I'm f'ing over this bs. How do the Gris get every possible call called for them but we are lucky to get a random false start? You even see Bergen running back with a gris eating grin because he knows that was a bs call. Our wrs are getting mauled running their routes and qbs are getting hit late constantly and nothing. Someone needs to remind the BSC that the gris have not been the flagship of the conference for a decade and this preferential bs needs to end.
:lol:

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Grizfan7 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:09 pm

TO was 489 to 255. 78-47 plays.

"Battle of the Brawl, or whatever they call it." McDowell, post-game.

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Grizfan7 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:16 pm

Riley Wilson, no. 42, and UM linebacker, had 2 more sacks. He may now be conference leader in sacks per game, as well as TFL per game. He missed a few games. He's very fast and good. Hawaii transfer; from Texas. Has 2 more seasons. Great kid.

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Grizfan7 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:05 am

I know the Cat v. EWU game wasn't much of a game, and see that Humphrey, Chambers and Mellott had big averages per carry, but the other main backs didn't. Davis 5-18. White 2-4. Lane 5-5. I don't know who the other backs are.

For UM: Gillman 17-97. Ostmo 10-28. Harris 3-29. Childs 5-16.

"they played without All-Big Sky left guard Hunter Mayginnes, wide receiver Aaron Fontes, cornerback Trevin Gradney and kicker Grant Glasgow. They then lost backup left guard Liam Brown to injury in the first quarter." Missoulian.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:33 am

@Grizfan7 For someone who claims “I’m not going to be posting a lot…” you sure are posting a lot. News flash - WE DON’T CARE. Go back to your circle jerk on egris if you want to post play-by-play rehashings of every gris game. Or just go stare at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how pretty you are. I don’t care. FTG

GO CATS GO!!!

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:36 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:33 am
@Grizfan7 For someone who claims “I’m not going to be posting a lot…” you sure are posting a lot. News flash - WE DON’T CARE. Go back to your circle jerk on egris if you want to post play-by-play rehashings of every gris game. Or just go stare at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how pretty you are. I don’t care. FTG
Go Cats Go!!!

It’s only football. It’s not like brain science or rocket surgery.

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Grizfan7 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:54 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Where did I say I wasn’t going to be posting a lot?

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:45 am

Grizfan7 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:54 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Where did I say I wasn’t going to be posting a lot?
Somewhere around 80 posts ago.
Grizfan7 wrote: I didn't realize there was any limit on number posts. I have mostly responded to other posters. I didn't post anything that was remotely trolling. I have not done or said anything that would remotely violate the forum rules. I have provided all correct and substantive information. I have been completely polite and not said anything negative about anyone or anything Cat. Can't say that I got completely polite in return, but no big deal.

I will glance at the other posts directed at me now, and then bow out. I thought I was adding something to the forum and helping create a nice discussion. I was hoping to learn more about the Cats' current team. I grew up in Bozeman and loved the Cats. My stepfather was a ME prof at UM for 3 decades. My mom worked at the Foundation for a decade or two. I have contributed a decent amount of money to the Foundation. I was recruited by the Cats, i.e. Tom Part. Many of my friends and teammates played for the Cats. I am friends with a number of the older boosters, like Larry Aasheim and the Simkins, who are my cousins. My family still lives in Bozeman. But, yes, I became a Griz fan.

If the forum changes their mind, let me know. It was short and sweet. I may say a few more things about my short experience here on egriz. Thanks to the several posters who responded with some back and forth, including 2506. See you back in my home territory.

GO CATS GO!!!

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:54 am

BozoneCat wrote:
=D^

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:14 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Nobody likes him over there either.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."