Furman, UM, Idaho and MSU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Furman, UM, Idaho and MSU

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:12 pm

I was digging through the stats today for a story — about stats, imagine that! — and I noticed something, so I’m going to compile the stats from MSU’s two losses and it’s closest win and compare them to UM’s three best wins. I used the last three games for each team for the story as I thought they’d be more relevant and also because I knew msu would have the edge if I went with the full year and I didn’t want to come off biased.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Grizfan7 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:20 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:12 pm
I was digging through the stats today for story — about stats, imagine that! — and I noticed something, so I’m going to compile the stats from MSU’s two losses and it’s closest win and compare them to UM’s three best wins.
Great. I was going to do something similar. I will wait. For you. I was going to do the 3 games against toughest opponents. Idaho and SS. And SDSU and Davis.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:26 pm

Grizfan7 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:20 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:12 pm
I was digging through the stats today for story — about stats, imagine that! — and I noticed something, so I’m going to compile the stats from MSU’s two losses and it’s closest win and compare them to UM’s three best wins.
Great. I was going to do something similar. I will wait. For you. I was going to do the 3 games against toughest opponents. Idaho and SS. And SDSU and Davis.
Go ahead. Yours is a little different. I have two other stories to get done and I’m busy all day tomorrow. But might get to it on my lunch break.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber