Britt to NAU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Britt to NAU

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:30 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:40 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:38 pm
Interesting situation for Britt, as NAU just got a 3 star/4 star (depending on site) drop down out of Cal. Not sure getting the starting job is any easier there. Griz just landed Vidlak from Boise St who was once a Griz commit before getting scooped by Oregon St. That shores up some things for the QB room for sure.
That Vidlak guy is amazing!! What a get!! Absolutely tore it up at Oregon State and Boise!! Took 12 snaps total at OSU. Passed for 86 yards in Boise career! That UM QB room must have been really bad to say he shores it up!
Yes because him not playing much as a true freshman at OSU (a team that made you guys look like TCU vs Georgia) and as a RS Freshman at Boise St (who was 10-4) is indicative of how he will play as a Griz. Even you are smarter than this….well that is always a stretch. You must have really hated getting Chambers then as his WY stats were off the charts 😂
Boise was a revolving door at QB this year in an effort to get production. Even with a wide open spot for the job the coaching staff took one look at Vidlak and said this dude doesn't have it. I'm sure it will be totally different with the gris staff though since they are so adept at coaching up and developing talent at the QB position.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:37 am

I’m someone who liked Vidlak as a prospect, but there’s nothing he’s done in college to make somebody positive he’s going to be good.

If I were the Griz, I’d be more concerned that they’re not very good at developing QB’s. Don’t see much improvement from year to year over there.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:46 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:37 am
I’m someone who liked Vidlak as a prospect, but there’s nothing he’s done in college to make somebody positive he’s going to be good.

If I were the Griz, I’d be more concerned that they’re not very good at developing QB’s. Don’t see much improvement from year to year over there.
Isn't the OL that will be protecting him a major work in progress?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:22 am

RickRund wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:46 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

They’re not good. How they got guys on the all conference list is a mystery to me. Disappeared whenever they played good teams.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:55 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:55 am
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Interesting situation for Britt, as NAU just got a 3 star/4 star (depending on site) drop down out of Cal. Not sure getting the starting job is any easier there. Griz just landed Vidlak from Boise St who was once a Griz commit before getting scooped by Oregon St. That shores up some things for the QB room for sure.
That Vidlak guy is amazing!! What a get!! Absolutely tore it up at Oregon State and Boise!! Took 12 snaps total at OSU. Passed for 86 yards in Boise career! That UM QB room must have been really bad to say he shores it up!
Yes because him not playing much as a true freshman at OSU (a team that made you guys look like TCU vs Georgia) and as a RS Freshman at Boise St (who was 10-4) is indicative of how he will play as a Griz. Even you are smarter than this….well that is always a stretch. You must have really hated getting Chambers then as his WY stats were off the charts 😂
You are comparing Vidlak’s Boise and OSU stats to Chambers at Wyoming? How many starts did Vidlak make? Um, zero??? You really are a moron.
Oh so as long as you start for a very mediocre MW program, put up ****** stats, and eventually lose that starting job, that is how we rate guys. Okay got it 😂😂

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:24 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:55 am
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
You are comparing Vidlak’s Boise and OSU stats to Chambers at Wyoming? How many starts did Vidlak make? Um, zero??? You really are a moron.
Oh so as long as you start for a very mediocre MW program, put up ****** stats, and eventually lose that starting job, that is how we rate guys. Okay got it 😂😂
You mean the “mediocre” Wyoming program that Boise beat by just three points this year - all while your amazing new all world Gris savior QB was sitting the bench at Boise? Instability at Boise QB position this year and Vidlak couldn’t get any reps. That sounds like the ideal savior for the Gris program!

And great job derailing a thread about Britt going to NAU. Instead, you turn it into a thread about the next “Gris Savior”. What a tool.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:06 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:24 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
You mean the “mediocre” Wyoming program that Boise beat by just three points this year - all while your amazing new all world Gris savior QB was sitting the bench at Boise? Instability at Boise QB position this year and Vidlak couldn’t get any reps. That sounds like the ideal savior for the Gris program!

And great job derailing a thread about Britt going to NAU. Instead, you turn it into a thread about the next “Gris Savior”. What a tool.
I didn’t know you cared so much about Daniel Britt. Please back to him. Would love the Cuntaholic expert take on him and his situation.

ECBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ECBobcat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:41 pm

RickRund wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

No, man. No. They just landed a stud from Dixie State. Guy is a real “road grader,” is “nasty,” and plays with a “mean streak.” Lucas Simp approved, no doubt.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:35 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:06 pm
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

I didn’t know you cared so much about Daniel Britt. Please back to him. Would love the Cuntaholic expert take on him and his situation.
No need for the language. You two boys learn how to talk without calling names.

Children these days.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:05 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:35 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:06 pm
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

No need for the language. You two boys learn how to talk without calling names.

Children these days.
Sorry innocent type-0. New phone technology….it guesses the word you want to say :)

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm

ECBobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:41 pm
RickRund wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

No, man. No. They just landed a stud from Dixie State. Guy is a real “road grader,” is “nasty,” and plays with a “mean streak.” Lucas Simp approved, no doubt.
Whoa whoa whoa careful here! This is a Daniel Britt thread on Bobcat Nation (yes funny I know) and no one can stray from that. Cuntaholic says so! He’s the main man around here! 😂

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:05 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm
ECBobcat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa careful here! This is a Daniel Britt thread on Bobcat Nation (yes funny I know) and no one can stray from that. Cuntaholic says so! He’s the main man around here! 😂
I appreciate your dedication to showing us who you are by posting a fake apology for your language and then using the same word in the next post. Continue representing your fanbase accurately!

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:58 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm
ECBobcat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Hooked trolling again. Grizsplaining over here as usual. Yes, a tool he is.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:42 pm

Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Using your idiotic thinking you’d completely pass on 5 star Sam Huard who just entered the portal from Washington:

“Huard, the No. 5 quarterback and No. 25 player overall in the 2021 edition of the SI99, completed 24 of his 44 pass attempts in two years with Washington. He threw just one touchdown against four interceptions in 2021, and attempted just two passes against Portland State in 2022.”

You should get into coaching!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:23 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Using your idiotic thinking you’d completely pass on 5 star Sam Huard who just entered the portal from Washington:

“Huard, the No. 5 quarterback and No. 25 player overall in the 2021 edition of the SI99, completed 24 of his 44 pass attempts in two years with Washington. He threw just one touchdown against four interceptions in 2021, and attempted just two passes against Portland State in 2022.”

And now with Vidlak, the Griz are now pre 2023 season National Champions again. A new savior has arrived an Bobby and staff will coach him up. Right-on Hooked. Keep up the grizsplaining on your rivals board. Yes, your boy, Bobby, going into his sixth year will continue his return to mediocrity. Ya gotta love it! 😂😂😂

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:21 pm

Not sure why you’d go to the Gris out of high school as a QB. If you know they are inevitably going to the portal for someone better, why waste your time. Zero quarterback development over there.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:19 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

OMG. You just compared Vidlak to Huard. Huard was pursued by virtually every FBS school in the country. If he was going to UM, I would have to admit that a savior has arrived! However, Vidlak was a guy with FCS schools pursuing him who has washed out at two FBS schools - one from the Mountain West. After rethinking your argument though, your QB room is pretty bad. I guess landing a two time FCS washout would be considered an upgrade!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:29 am

If Griz Nation thinks this Vidlak guy is going to be the savior that brings them back to relevance..... I think they're going to be sorely disappointed. Also, even if he does turn out to be anywhere close to as talented as Lucas Johnson..... they still need to find a capable backup willing to come to Missoula knowing they're going to be #2.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:49 am

I thought Britt looked good. Quick. Why did he leave? He would’ve started the next three years. He looks better than Vidlak. Vidlak is a pocket passer with zero mobility from the looks of it. I think UM needs a mobile quarterback.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:01 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:

Yes because him not playing much as a true freshman at OSU (a team that made you guys look like TCU vs Georgia)
Nah, TCU - Georgia was a 60 point margin. MSU - OSU was just 40 points so it's more like the Cat griz game.
:coffee: