Britt to NAU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Britt to NAU

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:45 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:49 am
I thought Britt looked good. Quick. Why did he leave? He would’ve started the next three years. He looks better than Vidlak. Vidlak is a pocket passer with zero mobility from the looks of it. I think UM needs a mobile quarterback.
That is a good point. My opinion differs with you on his talent, but Britt was in position to start next year. The knock on Bobby has always been that he has his favorites. I guess Britt felt that he wasn’t being given a fair chance.

It is strange though. Why would Hauck recruit a kid (Britt) that he wasn’t going to play? Makes no sense to me. And the number of guys that appear disgruntled seems to be growing each year. Britt, Ford, Jace Lewis, Buschini, etc.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:57 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:19 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:40 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:38 pm
Interesting situation for Britt, as NAU just got a 3 star/4 star (depending on site) drop down out of Cal. Not sure getting the starting job is any easier there. Griz just landed Vidlak from Boise St who was once a Griz commit before getting scooped by Oregon St. That shores up some things for the QB room for sure.
That Vidlak guy is amazing!! What a get!! Absolutely tore it up at Oregon State and Boise!! Took 12 snaps total at OSU. Passed for 86 yards in Boise career! That UM QB room must have been really bad to say he shores it up!
Using your idiotic thinking you’d completely pass on 5 star Sam Huard who just entered the portal from Washington:

“Huard, the No. 5 quarterback and No. 25 player overall in the 2021 edition of the SI99, completed 24 of his 44 pass attempts in two years with Washington. He threw just one touchdown against four interceptions in 2021, and attempted just two passes against Portland State in 2022.”

You should get into coaching!
OMG. You just compared Vidlak to Huard. Huard was pursued by virtually every FBS school in the country. If he was going to UM, I would have to admit that a savior has arrived! However, Vidlak was a guy with FCS schools pursuing him who has washed out at two FBS schools - one from the Mountain West. After rethinking your argument though, your QB room is pretty bad. I guess landing a two time FCS washout would be considered an upgrade!
Except for the fact he got multiple FBS offers and PAC12 offers once he hit the portal. Weird that so many programs, including P5, would want such a “washout” Yep just awful we have to settle for that.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:26 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:57 pm
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Interesting situation for Britt, as NAU just got a 3 star/4 star (depending on site) drop down out of Cal. Not sure getting the starting job is any easier there. Griz just landed Vidlak from Boise St who was once a Griz commit before getting scooped by Oregon St. That shores up some things for the QB room for sure.
That Vidlak guy is amazing!! What a get!! Absolutely tore it up at Oregon State and Boise!! Took 12 snaps total at OSU. Passed for 86 yards in Boise career! That UM QB room must have been really bad to say he shores it up!
Using your idiotic thinking you’d completely pass on 5 star Sam Huard who just entered the portal from Washington:

“Huard, the No. 5 quarterback and No. 25 player overall in the 2021 edition of the SI99, completed 24 of his 44 pass attempts in two years with Washington. He threw just one touchdown against four interceptions in 2021, and attempted just two passes against Portland State in 2022.”

OMG. You just compared Vidlak to Huard. Huard was pursued by virtually every FBS school in the country. If he was going to UM, I would have to admit that a savior has arrived! However, Vidlak was a guy with FCS schools pursuing him who has washed out at two FBS schools - one from the Mountain West. After rethinking your argument though, your QB room is pretty bad. I guess landing a two time FCS washout would be considered an upgrade!
Except for the fact he got multiple FBS offers and PAC12 offers once he hit the portal. Weird that so many programs, including P5, would want such a “washout” Yep just awful we have to settle for that.
According to a Boise State website, he had one FBS offer coming out of high school.

https://www.obnug.com/2022/8/28/2332519 ... sam-vidlak

247 also lists only one FBS offer where he did washout.

https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Vidlak ... ol-246079/

Of course, he is definitely an FBS caliber guy because he didn’t get time at either Oregon State or Boise State AND he ended up on an FCS team.

Do you write fiction for a living? You have gotten really good it!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:35 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Some people will believe anything, even if it defies logic.

ECBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ECBobcat » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:58 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:35 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Hey, what you don’t understand about this particular iteration of Fantasy Land is that it allows gris fans to believe they finally won a recruiting battle against a team that plays at a level higher than NAIA.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:14 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:26 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

According to a Boise State website, he had one FBS offer coming out of high school.

https://www.obnug.com/2022/8/28/2332519 ... sam-vidlak

247 also lists only one FBS offer where he did washout.

https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Vidlak ... ol-246079/

Of course, he is definitely an FBS caliber guy because he didn’t get time at either Oregon State or Boise State AND he ended up on an FCS team.

Do you write fiction for a living? You have gotten really good it!
I should have realized you’d be too ****** dense to pick up what I’m laying down. He got FBS and Pac 12 offers just recently when he entered the portal from Boise State. Try to keep up.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:17 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

You guys should learn not to question me remember what I taught you about your PED suspended players. Every single one of you called ****** on that and look who was spot on.

I know for a fact he had FBS and Pac 12 offers just recently and chose the Griz instead. Some of that may have to do with having to sit out one additional year possibly if transferring to FBS but nonetheless he was a a very wanted quarterback.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:34 pm

Gene Rayburn: Tom, true or false: the molecular structure of a human hair is made up — (Tom enters dream sequence with Morgan Fairchild) — Tom? Tom? What’s your response Tom?

Me: oh, uh, true?

Gene: correct!

Me: yeah, I knew it all along.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:55 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:17 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

You guys should learn not to question me remember what I taught you about your PED suspended players. Every single one of you called ****** on that and look who was spot on.

I know for a fact he had FBS and Pac 12 offers just recently and chose the Griz instead. Some of that may have to do with having to sit out one additional year possibly if transferring to FBS but nonetheless he was a a very wanted quarterback.
You got the PED thing 50% correct, so congrats.

Look. There’s a recruit we got who said he had an offer from Michigan State. Some people can believe that he would choose us over them, some people would say that logic says something is wrong there.

You do you. Maybe next year you’ll get within 20 of our starters before we put the backups in.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:15 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:55 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

You got the PED thing 50% correct, so congrats.

Look. There’s a recruit we got who said he had an offer from Michigan State. Some people can believe that he would choose us over them, some people would say that logic says something is wrong there.

You do you. Maybe next year you’ll get within 20 of our starters before we put the backups in.
If next year is +-55 to +-21 maybe we will not have to hear drivel...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:47 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

I did a quick internet search to see where he was getting interest from. I found one reference…. On egriz posted by Hooked! You can make this stuff up!!!!!!! Hilarious!!! No 247 or Rivals or national recruiting services or portal trackers or any other mention of offers - only on egriz!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:04 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:47 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

I did a quick internet search to see where he was getting interest from. I found one reference…. On egriz posted by Hooked! You can make this stuff up!!!!!!! Hilarious!!! No 247 or Rivals or national recruiting services or portal trackers or any other mention of offers - only on egriz!!!
lol, that's funny shizz! Hooked sure is on a mission to convince everyone how good this QB is. Pretty sure this guys isn't the answer. Also, I has just assumed this guy would be a true dual threat guy but it looks like he might not be a good runner? That is insane to bring in a QB in todays game that can't run.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:20 am

Cataholic vs HookedonGriz, with Sam Vidlak in the role of Veronica Corningstone.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:42 am

Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

You flipped me all kinds of ****** when I told you there are 2 cats suspended for PEDs. Tried to make me look like I was full of ******. How did that turn out for you?? It bothered you so much that I knew all this stuff before you or other cats fans. I obviously have some pretty good connections on both sides.

You are trying to do the same here. When I tell you Vidlak had a number of other offers (FBS and Pac12) but chose Griz instead, why do you question that? That info is directly from his Dad, Mark, who I’ve chatted with off and on since Sam committed the first time. So now you look like an absolute fool again, which has become the norm here.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:08 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:45 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:49 am
I thought Britt looked good. Quick. Why did he leave? He would’ve started the next three years. He looks better than Vidlak. Vidlak is a pocket passer with zero mobility from the looks of it. I think UM needs a mobile quarterback.
That is a good point. My opinion differs with you on his talent, but Britt was in position to start next year. The knock on Bobby has always been that he has his favorites. I guess Britt felt that he wasn’t being given a fair chance.

It is strange though. Why would Hauck recruit a kid (Britt) that he wasn’t going to play? Makes no sense to me. And the number of guys that appear disgruntled seems to be growing each year. Britt, Ford, Jace Lewis, Buschini, etc.
He did this a UNLV, too.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:39 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:42 am
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

You flipped me all kinds of ****** when I told you there are 2 cats suspended for PEDs. Tried to make me look like I was full of ******. How did that turn out for you?? It bothered you so much that I knew all this stuff before you or other cats fans. I obviously have some pretty good connections on both sides.

You are trying to do the same here. When I tell you Vidlak had a number of other offers (FBS and Pac12) but chose Griz instead, why do you question that? That info is directly from his Dad, Mark, who I’ve chatted with off and on since Sam committed the first time. So now you look like an absolute fool again, which has become the norm here.
Starting to sound like cat4lyf.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:20 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:39 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Starting to sound like cat4lyf.....
No way Rick. That dude was 1000% more positive than me and seemed to either truly love the bobcats the players and their coaches or it was a great schtick.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:39 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Review the thread on the PEDs. You made unsubstantiated attacks against a person and attacked his character. You left out specific issues with his testing process, specifically that it was accidental and came from an OTC supplement. Your attacks were personal on an 18 year old freshman and cast him as a One of these days, you, or your egriz brethren, will cross the line and end up on the wrong end of a liable suit.

As for Vidlak, I am sure that his dad has zero “conflict of interest” and his word can be taken with 100% confidence. What I do know is that zero recruiting services have any FBS offers going to Vidlak since leaving Boise. I saw a Tarleton rumored offer, so great job on beating them out!

I guess in your bizarro world though, he wasn’t able to get any playing time at OSU or Boise, so that translates into “multiple FBS” offers after the season. What FBS program wouldn’t want a BSU backup who was unable to win the job despite QB controversy and turnover during their season. I am sure that had FBS recruiters drooling hoping he would transfer out! He had one FBS offer coming out of high school, OSU. The others were UM, NAU and Yale. He did so much in the past couple of years that his stock has clearly risen and would merit multiple FBS offers…. It must be tough for you to live in a bizzaro world when real life steps in and slaps you in the face.

Given your self professed connections to the program and you acknowledging reaching out to the parents of a recruit, that sounds like a clear violation of NCAA rules. I assume you are a booster. You should be very concerned that you haven’t just set back your program with some violations.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:45 pm

If the NCAA suspends someone in the way and with the timing that it occurred with Ortt, then there’s only a couple things it can be.

Kinda like now with me. I’m guessing that hooked was just guessing. If I’m right, then see, I told you so!!

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:12 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:45 pm
If the NCAA suspends someone in the way and with the timing that it occurred with Ortt, then there’s only a couple things it can be.

Kinda like now with me. I’m guessing that hooked was just guessing. If I’m right, then see, I told you so!!
We all knew right from the start that he failed a drug test. We didn't know exactly which drug, I remember at the time people were speculating marijuana which (stupidly) has the same length of suspension Ortt received.

eGriz pushed and might still be pushing the false narrative that Ortt intentionally took PEDs and that MSU encourages its players to do so.