Hauck return

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Hauck return

Post by nanacat » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:33 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:57 am
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:15 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:40 pm
Still amazes me all the delusional, brain washed, excuse making Griz fans. Well you see, we really would have been national championship contenders if our 6th year TRANSFER QB wouldn't have gotten hurt. So you're telling me you didn't have a quality starting QB in that room so you went out and got a drop down from Bobby's past... and then when he got hurt you didn't even have a backup QB that could do anything for you at all? Great coaching and player development there.
Yes, it was the griz QB situation that caused MSU to rush for 450 yards and not punt the entire game lol.
They were able to win with poor quarterback play in 2021.

I wonder if Hauck nudged the DC and DL coach out. If so, that might be a sign that he’s going to stick it out for awhile.
What do you mean? Like he wants to run the defense?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:16 pm

nanacat wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:33 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
catatac wrote:
Still amazes me all the delusional, brain washed, excuse making Griz fans. Well you see, we really would have been national championship contenders if our 6th year TRANSFER QB wouldn't have gotten hurt. So you're telling me you didn't have a quality starting QB in that room so you went out and got a drop down from Bobby's past... and then when he got hurt you didn't even have a backup QB that could do anything for you at all? Great coaching and player development there.
Yes, it was the griz QB situation that caused MSU to rush for 450 yards and not punt the entire game lol.

I wonder if Hauck nudged the DC and DL coach out. If so, that might be a sign that he’s going to stick it out for awhile.
What do you mean? Like he wants to run the defense?
Continue being the head coach.

If he’s making the effort to replace staff, that might be a sign he plans to coach a while longer.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:05 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
catatac wrote:

My thoughts were that both those coaches that left might have taken a bit more of their share of assistant coaching money. This may give Hauck an opportunity to reallocate some salary money to some other (prospective?) coaches.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:24 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:05 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
catatac wrote:

My thoughts were that both those coaches that left might have taken a bit more of their share of assistant coaching money. This may give Hauck an opportunity to reallocate some salary money to some other (prospective?) coaches.
Maybe he's planning on hiring the all-time (assisted) tackles leader to coach the secondary. I'm sure the fans would love having a record-holder on staff.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!