OK, Who had the griz losing 3 in a Row?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: OK, Who had the griz losing 3 in a Row?

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:13 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:05 pm
I didn’t have them losing 3 straight but after Idaho, I did feel that they were in big trouble.

I’m actually more surprised that they played SAC and WEB so close on the road without Lucas Johnson. I feel pretty confident that they would have won both games with him.

No one is going to make me feel sorry for them. The Cats have been way undermanned and have persevered. Great teams do that. But nevertheless, don’t sleep on UM once they have their QB back. They’ll be better than their record.
Didn't they have Johnson for the Idaho game?

I don't know, I haven't been that impressed with their offense at any point, regardless of who the QB was.

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:31 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:13 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
I didn’t have them losing 3 straight but after Idaho, I did feel that they were in big trouble.

I’m actually more surprised that they played SAC and WEB so close on the road without Lucas Johnson. I feel pretty confident that they would have won both games with him.

No one is going to make me feel sorry for them. The Cats have been way undermanned and have persevered. Great teams do that. But nevertheless, don’t sleep on UM once they have their QB back. They’ll be better than their record.
Didn't they have Johnson for the Idaho game?

I don't know, I haven't been that impressed with their offense at any point, regardless of who the QB was.
Yes they did. I think Idaho is just better than them.

But I do think that Johnson > Brown to the extent that they could definitely have won those games given that they were that close. That’s as much about how bad Brown was as anything else.

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:16 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:

Let’s not forget 2014.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:01 am

technoCat wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:48 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:11 pm
js1010 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:01 pm
After the loss to Idaho it wasn't too hard to see how the next two weeks would play out.

I love hearing the gris fans blame the back up QB. Cats were down a Walter Payton Award calibre QB against Weber and racked up three times as many yards as they did. It perfectly shows the difference between the two programs. Brown has started games for them so the coaching staff knew what the talent level was of their QB room but still felt comfortable starting the season with him as a backup. The Cats took one look at what happened when Tommy went down and against NDSU and promptly went out and recruited more talent to bolster the ranks at that position. A decision that is paying massive dividends this year. Gris fans shouldn't blame their back up quarterback, they should blame their coaching staff for not having someone better ready to go.
In fairness, Chambers is the only QB we have had transfer to MSU that has been worth anything. I cannot think of another. You could put McKay in the conversation. Am I missing someone?
Ever? Rolovich and Kempt were pretty serviceable.
I didnt know they were transfers?

Hating the griz since 02.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:05 am

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:01 am
technoCat wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
js1010 wrote:
After the loss to Idaho it wasn't too hard to see how the next two weeks would play out.

I love hearing the gris fans blame the back up QB. Cats were down a Walter Payton Award calibre QB against Weber and racked up three times as many yards as they did. It perfectly shows the difference between the two programs. Brown has started games for them so the coaching staff knew what the talent level was of their QB room but still felt comfortable starting the season with him as a backup. The Cats took one look at what happened when Tommy went down and against NDSU and promptly went out and recruited more talent to bolster the ranks at that position. A decision that is paying massive dividends this year. Gris fans shouldn't blame their back up quarterback, they should blame their coaching staff for not having someone better ready to go.
In fairness, Chambers is the only QB we have had transfer to MSU that has been worth anything. I cannot think of another. You could put McKay in the conversation. Am I missing someone?
Rolovich was a Hawaii transfer, Kempt was an Oregon duck.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:40 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:05 am
CodyCat wrote:
technoCat wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
js1010 wrote:

Wasn't Carpenter a CC transfer too? Got us our only FBS win i remember.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:07 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:05 am
CodyCat wrote:
technoCat wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
js1010 wrote:

I'd say they were about as serviceable as Johnson has been. I say that after watching maybe two or three quarters of gris football this season.

Hating the griz since 02.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:41 pm

Gris fans when facing even the slightest shade.

https://twitter.com/cctv_idiots/status/ ... vfZrM-j9bg

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing