Weber State Game 10/29/22

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Weber State Game 10/29/22

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:26 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:02 pm
Isn't bobby close to being the all time winningest coach at um. It seems like I heard some degenerate gris fan saying something about it just before they started this 3 game skid.
He's already the winningest coach at UM. With 10 more wins he ties Jerome Sauers for the most wins ever in the Big Sky.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:16 pm

RTD stands for Retiring To sanDiego

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:57 pm

lutecat wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:16 pm
RTD stands for Retiring To sanDiego
#overRTD

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:56 am

I gotta give it to him...he was actually interesting to listen to in his post hame interview. Can hardly wait for Cat/Griz postgame.

2024 Resume dominance

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:59 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:26 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Isn't bobby close to being the all time winningest coach at um. It seems like I heard some degenerate gris fan saying something about it just before they started this 3 game skid.
He's already the winningest coach at UM. With 10 more wins he ties Jerome Sauers for the most wins ever in the Big Sky.
Thanks, I knew he was close to some record

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:05 am

cats2506 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:59 am
MSU01 wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
After this year, Sauers may want to go back south.
https://golightsgo.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:27 am

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:05 am
cats2506 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:59 am
MSU01 wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
After this year, Sauers may want to go back south.
https://golightsgo.com/sports/football/schedule/2022
He 100% has to rebuild that program almost from scratch. Knew that going in. They almost didn’t have enough players to even have spring ball. 6 seniors, 15 juniors. Don’t know how many of those were transfers after spring. If he turns this program around, he’s truly a good coach. Northern is not an easy place to recruit to if you’re not a wrestler.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:23 am

Lord Vigo wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:41 pm
114 yards of offense… YEESH.
And plenty of people are blaming that on Kris Brown being the QB. Yeah he's a step down, but he played quite a bit last year and played pretty well. In four games in the middle of last season, he averaged 218 yards passing per game. Is he considerably worse this year? Is he just not ready to play? If not, whose fault is that? He bears some responsibility I'm sure, but how does that coaching staff not have him ready to perform like he did a year ago, or even close?

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:50 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:23 am
Lord Vigo wrote:
And plenty of people are blaming that on Kris Brown being the QB. Yeah he's a step down, but he played quite a bit last year and played pretty well. In four games in the middle of last season, he averaged 218 yards passing per game. Is he considerably worse this year? Is he just not ready to play? If not, whose fault is that? He bears some responsibility I'm sure, but how does that coaching staff not have him ready to perform like he did a year ago, or even close?
He was really bad last year too.

But he's worse this year because the offense is worse. Their offensive line and run game are terrible. It seems to me that he's the type of QB who rises to the level of his supporting cast. But their supporting cast is so bad that what they need is someone with the athleticism to make secondary reaction plays and rise above the level of the rest of the offense.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:57 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:
He’s one of the worst BSC QB’s I’ve seen. I mean, even Rovig was significantly better than him.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:22 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:50 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:

But he's worse this year because the offense is worse. Their offensive line and run game are terrible. It seems to me that he's the type of QB who rises to the level of his supporting cast. But their supporting cast is so bad that what they need is someone with the athleticism to make secondary reaction plays and rise above the level of the rest of the offense.
That's what I'm getting at. If they were any good he'd be fine. But a guy who has shown the ability to keep the ship afloat should be able to do that if the team was any good offensively. Their run game was bad last year too with all the injuries and it's worse this year. Even against Idaho when Johnson did play they only had 34 yards rushing and 220 yards of total offense. And that's with a 75 yard TD drive in the last couple minutes when they were chasing points. So with less than 2 minutes left in that game they had 145 yards of total offense.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:39 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:22 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:

That's what I'm getting at. If they were any good he'd be fine. But a guy who has shown the ability to keep the ship afloat should be able to do that if the team was any good offensively. Their run game was bad last year too with all the injuries and it's worse this year. Even against Idaho when Johnson did play they only had 34 yards rushing and 220 yards of total offense. And that's with a 75 yard TD drive in the last couple minutes when they were chasing points. So with less than 2 minutes left in that game they had 145 yards of total offense.
Gris had 42 yards rushing, I don’t think KB deserves as much blame as their fans give him. The wildcat thing they tried fooled not one.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:59 am

Bocephus wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:39 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:

Gris had 42 yards rushing, I don’t think KB deserves as much blame as their fans give him. The wildcat thing they tried fooled not one.
I was surprised to see Bergen out there with what looked like a splint on his hand. They were fortunate he didn’t injure it worse or fumble the ball away. It didn’t look like it would take much for either to happen. When he ran off the field after the second time it looked he was holding it in an elevated position to ease the pain.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:25 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:39 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:

Agreed...plus, it's not like Lucas Johnson was the 2nd coming of TB12 or Joe Montana. He was somewhat better than KB, but he was no better than an average BSC QB. If he played a full season, I doubt he'd even be HM on the All-BSC team.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:04 pm

We heard “just wait until Marcus Knight returns” forever. Well, he’s back, but it hasn’t seemed to have helped one bit. Assuming he’s even close to being Marcus Knight again, that’s pretty telling about the team.