Bobby Pressers?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Bobby Pressers?

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:21 pm

After Sac, and today for Weber? I can’t find them, or maybe he said efff off.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Bobby Pressers?

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:02 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:21 pm
After Sac, and today for Weber? I can’t find them, or maybe he said efff off.
I'd kind of like to see and hear those too. For the record, if you listen real closely Bobby says eff off at least once in every presser he does. Sometimes you have to read his lips because he just mouths it without making any sound.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:04 pm

They are fun to watch when the griz lose. They were a real hoot when he was at UNLV.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:09 pm

Skyline sports has an audio one up. He didn’t take kindly to being asked about the onside kicks.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:46 pm

Bobby has no obligation to be friendly to the media. Nick Saban, Bill Belichick and Greg Popovich are all absolute pricks to the media. But they're all legends--some of the best to ever do it in their fields. I think the difference is that college coaches have to recruit and fundraise, and so they have to be politicians a little bit. Saban is so good it doesn't matter. Hauck's schtick has been tiresome for a long time. His first time around, his teams were so much better than the rest of the ho-hum BSC he could get away with it. To be sure, there are kids who want to play for a bristly old prick because he wins, but those kids are getting harder to find. And it's debatable (to put it generously) whether he can ever win at this level like he once did.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:47 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:09 pm
Skyline sports has an audio one up. He didn’t take kindly to being asked about the onside kicks.
I was just checking there and couldn't find it. Presser for the Idaho loss, then for Weber prep but no Sac loss post-game presser.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:39 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:46 pm
Bobby has no obligation to be friendly to the media. Nick Saban, Bill Belichick and Greg Popovich are all absolute pricks to the media. But they're all legends--some of the best to ever do it in their fields. I think the difference is that college coaches have to recruit and fundraise, and so they have to be politicians a little bit. Saban is so good it doesn't matter. Hauck's schtick has been tiresome for a long time. His first time around, his teams were so much better than the rest of the ho-hum BSC he could get away with it. To be sure, there are kids who want to play for a bristly old prick because he wins, but those kids are getting harder to find. And it's debatable (to put it generously) whether he can ever win at this level like he once did.
I wonder if his persona is all an act or if he's really like that around the team. If that's really him is it having an impact on recruiting/retaining players or do we just think it is/should because we all hate him?

I lean more towards it all being an act because he can get away with it in Missoula and doesn't like answering questions in a public setting. He's also an elite level troll when it comes to opponents (especially the Bobcats). It doesn't excuse the way he acts but it likely doesn't have a negative impact on the team, especially if they're in on the joke.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:49 pm

Absolutely it's an act. He could get away with it the first time in Missoula because of how much they were winning, and now he knows this is probably his last stop and UM isn't going to fire a guy who's a year away from becoming the all time Big Sky wins leader. It really makes you appreciate guys like Choate and Vigen, who have wildly different personalities but actually engage with the media respectfully in their own ways.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:22 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:39 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
I wonder if his persona is all an act or if he's really like that around the team. If that's really him is it having an impact on recruiting/retaining players or do we just think it is/should because we all hate him?

I lean more towards it all being an act because he can get away with it in Missoula and doesn't like answering questions in a public setting. He's also an elite level troll when it comes to opponents (especially the Bobcats). It doesn't excuse the way he acts but it likely doesn't have a negative impact on the team, especially if they're in on the joke.
I think part of it is an act, but I know plenty of his players and former players can't stand him. Look at this whole #37 debacle. His brother (allegedly) had to call him and tell him not to be an idiot. I think he has a ridiculous ego that makes him unable to respond to any doubts about what he does.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:00 pm

catbooster wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:47 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:09 pm
I was just checking there and couldn't find it. Presser for the Idaho loss, then for Weber prep but no Sac loss post-game presser.
If you really want it, here it is.

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:27 pm

What's his shirt all about, "Montana Safeties 2022"? Maybe nothing, just odd. And clearly he refuses to take any responsibility for missing those onside kicks. "That was a long time ago, man, " is not an answer. Good grief!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:32 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:22 pm
coloradocat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

I think part of it is an act, but I know plenty of his players and former players can't stand him. Look at this whole #37 debacle. His brother (allegedly) had to call him and tell him not to be an idiot. I think he has a ridiculous ego that makes him unable to respond to any doubts about what he does.
What’s the #37 debacle? I know it’s their legacy number, but I’m not familiar with what he did.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:55 pm

Cledus wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:32 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

What’s the #37 debacle? I know it’s their legacy number, but I’m not familiar with what he did.
Last summer, Jace Lewis (former 37) selected Welnel to wear it, as is tradition. At the beginning of fall camp, nobody was wearing 37. Bobby said they were still working through some stuff. Everything I heard was that Bobby was meddling in the process and didn't like Welnel as the pick. Plenty of people speculated he wanted his son to wear it. That's according to lots of gris fans. Regardless of what's true and what's rumor, it's clear he was trying to influence who wore 37, and that's not his job. To me it shows he's not a fan of leading a player-run team, and that's what most players want these days. We can have a discussion on whether that's right or not, but it's reality.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:49 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:55 pm
Cledus wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

Last summer, Jace Lewis (former 37) selected Welnel to wear it, as is tradition. At the beginning of fall camp, nobody was wearing 37. Bobby said they were still working through some stuff. Everything I heard was that Bobby was meddling in the process and didn't like Welnel as the pick. Plenty of people speculated he wanted his son to wear it. That's according to lots of gris fans. Regardless of what's true and what's rumor, it's clear he was trying to influence who wore 37, and that's not his job. To me it shows he's not a fan of leading a player-run team, and that's what most players want these days. We can have a discussion on whether that's right or not, but it's reality.
I did not know that, thanks for the information. 👍🏻👍🏻

I take it Baûbæ doesn’t even know his own kid was born in Seattle and made NAU his first choice.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:37 am

Cledus wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:49 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:55 pm
Cledus wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

I did not know that, thanks for the information. 👍🏻👍🏻

I take it Baûbæ doesn’t even know his own kid was born in Seattle and made NAU his first choice.
But Robbi hold the school record for assisted tackles so the rules shouldn't apply to him.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!