Sacramento State Game 10/22/22

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sacramento State Game 10/22/22

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:42 am

vike_king wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:39 am
What time did this game end??? I went to be after 11:00 and I think it was still in the 3rd quarter.
Around 12:40, I believe.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:53 am

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... c8f9b.html

Not surprising in the least but gross nonetheless. Always the victims.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:24 am

Sounds like some of the victim mentality may be justified. But once again, the gris showed that they believe the hype about themselves but don't perform to that level. Based on this game, and ours, I think Weber will beat them both. And Cat-Griz will be epic!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:29 am

The gris won the turnover battle 4-0. They had plenty of opportunity to put this game to bed early and they didn't. For them to be whining so obnoxiously is just silly.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:41 am

vike_king wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:39 am
What time did this game end??? I went to be after 11:00 and I think it was still in the 3rd quarter.
I want say it was 1230 when it finally ended.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 am

nanacat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:24 am
Sounds like some of the victim mentality may be justified. But once again, the gris showed that they believe the hype about themselves but don't perform to that level. Based on this game, and ours, I think Weber will beat them both. And Cat-Griz will be epic!
I thought the Griz played much better last night than most were expecting them to, although Sac certainly helped out with all their turnovers. UM wins pretty comfortably with Johnson at QB for the entire game, IMO. The gap between MSU and UM in terms of quality of the backup QB is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:45 am

Bocephus wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:56 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:55 am
Bocephus wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:53 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:51 am
I wanted both teams to lose. Unfortunately the replay official played a big role in the outcome. If I were a Griz fan, I'd be pissed. But I'm glad I'm not. Go Cats!
I saw the replay from the kitchen on mute. “Oh that’s out” That one hurt.
Maybe don’t give up a second on side kick in 2 weeks. Wouldn’t have been an issue.
No kidding!
It was a really really bad missed call. If that happened to us there would be a ten page thread on it already. The receiver was out of bounds and how that call doesn't get reversed after replay is just wrong. I hate that officiating is so bad across the whole Big Sky. It was subpar in Bozeman yesterday (at best).

Hating the griz since 02.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:57 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:53 am

Haha, squibbing it and it died there. That was an onside kick that caught you by surprise. The last play, his receiver fell backwards pretty much on his own. Never mind that Brown threw it 3 yds short and couldnt get it done. Never mind that vaunted defense let them score 10 pts in the last 6 minutes. What a damn joke. He cant take responsibility for anything.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:07 am

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:57 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:53 am

Haha, squibbing it and it died there. That was an onside kick that caught you by surprise. The last play, his receiver fell backwards pretty much on his own. Never mind that Brown threw it 3 yds short and couldnt get it done. Never mind that vaunted defense let them score 10 pts in the last 6 minutes. What a damn joke. He cant take responsibility for anything.
That article is pure garbage.

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:09 am

CodyCat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:45 am
Bocephus wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:56 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:55 am
Bocephus wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:53 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:51 am
I wanted both teams to lose. Unfortunately the replay official played a big role in the outcome. If I were a Griz fan, I'd be pissed. But I'm glad I'm not. Go Cats!
I saw the replay from the kitchen on mute. “Oh that’s out” That one hurt.
Maybe don’t give up a second on side kick in 2 weeks. Wouldn’t have been an issue.
No kidding!
It was a really really bad missed call. If that happened to us there would be a ten page thread on it already. The receiver was out of bounds and how that call doesn't get reversed after replay is just wrong. I hate that officiating is so bad across the whole Big Sky. It was subpar in Bozeman yesterday (at best).
Maybe. Cats had 2 returns against them that at least one should have been brought back due to kissed calls. They won anyway.

As it been said on here, gris were +4 in turnovers, they were up 10 with 6 min to play. Good teams find ways to win. Sac still had to get into the end zone after that play. They did easily on the very next play. There was still plenty of time for a winning field goal after they tied the game. Still had an opportunity to win in OT. They couldn’t get it done on any of those.

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:22 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 am
nanacat wrote:
I thought the Griz played much better last night than most were expecting them to, although Sac certainly helped out with all their turnovers. UM wins pretty comfortably with Johnson at QB for the entire game, IMO. The gap between MSU and UM in terms of quality of the backup QB is as wide as the Grand Canyon.
The gap at QB is so major! In his post game Hauck said something about why Johnson is their starter. Without him they're hurting. How awesome for the Cats that when Tommy goes out Sean steps in and gains national accolades, and when Sean is out Tommy has a record making day.

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:54 am

nanacat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:22 am
MSU01 wrote:
nanacat wrote:
The gap at QB is so major! In his post game Hauck said something about why Johnson is their starter. Without him they're hurting. How awesome for the Cats that when Tommy goes out Sean steps in and gains national accolades, and when Sean is out Tommy has a record making day.
Johnson literally lost the Idaho game with his turnovers. He is not that good. Bobby is fng pissing me off. Griz have zero talent at wideout and terrible depth everywhere but LB because he hired a bunch of old guys who don’t recruit.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:35 am

griz5700 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:54 am
nanacat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
nanacat wrote:
Johnson literally lost the Idaho game with his turnovers. He is not that good. Bobby is fng pissing me off. Griz have zero talent at wideout and terrible depth everywhere but LB because he hired a bunch of old guys who don’t recruit.
Grizgirl suggested this may be Bobby's last year. Wondering if that'll hold true.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:49 am

MSU01 wrote:
nanacat wrote:
Umm, no. Johnson sucks. Brown played just as well as Johnson has been playing. Although Johnson did have a couple nice runs before he got hurt, on what was a very cheap shot by that Sac player.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:59 am

nanacat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:35 am
griz5700 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:54 am
nanacat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
nanacat wrote:
Grizgirl suggested this may be Bobby's last year. Wondering if that'll hold true.
Yup. He's going to coach the raider's.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:23 am

Sac State has lots of talent due to Troy Taylor, but Taylor’s game day coaching was awful. Clock management, play calling, etc. Scattaboo could have ran for 200+ last night. He was incredible. Yet they kept going to the pass which was an accident waiting to happen every time he dropped back. And the last Sac State series in regulation was a “what not to do” tutorial. That was awful.

In a nutshell, Cats are way better than both teams.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:36 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:23 am
Sac State has lots of talent due to Troy Taylor, but Taylor’s game day coaching was awful. Clock management, play calling, etc. Scattaboo could have ran for 200+ last night. He was incredible. Yet they kept going to the pass which was an accident waiting to happen every time he dropped back. And the last Sac State series in regulation was a “what not to do” tutorial. That was awful.

I agree, the Cats are better than both of them. And the Cats are much better than Weber too, at least the Weber team that played yesterday. Without those 2 special teams scores (1 of which shouldn't have counted), that game isn't even close.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:56 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:36 am
Cataholic wrote:

I agree, the Cats are better than both of them. And the Cats are much better than Weber too, at least the Weber team that played yesterday. Without those 2 special teams scores (1 of which shouldn't have counted), that game isn't even close.
If you look at the statistics, the Cats dominated Weber. Weber had 12 total yards at the end of the 1st quarter - and we were losing. If we get some better tackling from the secondary, we look unstoppable. Oh, a special teams…. Yikes that was bad yesterday.

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:21 pm

When Sac St went to O’Hara and Skattebo and ran rpo, the gris had real problems with it. Not sure why Taylor kept forcing the passing game. If they struggled vs Sac's RPO they are not gonna like Tommy, Sean and company in November.

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:22 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:36 am
Cataholic wrote:

True but if your gonna start highlighting points teams didn’t deserve…