Sacramento State Game 10/22/22

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Sacramento State Game 10/22/22

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:42 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:21 pm
When Sac St went to O’Hara and Skattebo and ran rpo, the gris had real problems with it. Not sure why Taylor kept forcing the passing game. If they struggled vs Sac's RPO they are not gonna like Tommy, Sean and company in November.
I had never seen Skatteboo play before. Tough kid and competitor.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:49 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:22 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:36 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:23 am
Sac State has lots of talent due to Troy Taylor, but Taylor’s game day coaching was awful. Clock management, play calling, etc. Scattaboo could have ran for 200+ last night. He was incredible. Yet they kept going to the pass which was an accident waiting to happen every time he dropped back. And the last Sac State series in regulation was a “what not to do” tutorial. That was awful.

In a nutshell, Cats are way better than both teams.
I agree, the Cats are better than both of them. And the Cats are much better than Weber too, at least the Weber team that played yesterday. Without those 2 special teams scores (1 of which shouldn't have counted), that game isn't even close.
True but if your gonna start highlighting points teams didn’t deserve…
Ok??
If you're talking about the 4 safeties, I'd argue that we did earn those. I mean we weren't causing the bad snaps, but our defense got stops and forced those punts on the Weber end of the field, in the rain. Is it our fault Weber can't execute a punt in bad weather??

Besides, they're actually very lucky all those punt attempts were so deep in their end and went out the back of the end zone. Imagine if those snaps are from midfield, MSU would've gotten the ball in the red zone for an easy 3 or maybe 7, rather than just 2.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:53 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:49 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Sac State has lots of talent due to Troy Taylor, but Taylor’s game day coaching was awful. Clock management, play calling, etc. Scattaboo could have ran for 200+ last night. He was incredible. Yet they kept going to the pass which was an accident waiting to happen every time he dropped back. And the last Sac State series in regulation was a “what not to do” tutorial. That was awful.

I agree, the Cats are better than both of them. And the Cats are much better than Weber too, at least the Weber team that played yesterday. Without those 2 special teams scores (1 of which shouldn't have counted), that game isn't even close.
Ok??
If you're talking about the 4 safeties, I'd argue that we did earn those. I mean we weren't causing the bad snaps, but our defense got stops and forced those punts on the Weber end of the field, in the rain. Is it our fault Weber can't execute a punt in bad weather??

Besides, they're actually very lucky all those punt attempts were so deep in their end and went out the back of the end zone. Imagine if those snaps are from midfield, MSU would've gotten the ball in the red zone for an easy 3 or maybe 7, rather than just 2.
The freebie points were a wash. Weber got 17/18. MSU got 15.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:35 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:42 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
When Sac St went to O’Hara and Skattebo and ran rpo, the gris had real problems with it. Not sure why Taylor kept forcing the passing game. If they struggled vs Sac's RPO they are not gonna like Tommy, Sean and company in November.
He looked like the best back in the league last night. He is quick and runs harder than any RB in the league. His run last night drew comparisons to the Lasane run against UM. It was unbelievable. On the last score in overtime, he was the lead BLOCKER and he took out the LB then recovered and kept his momentum and destroyed Hauck. This kid will play on Sundays.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:40 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:49 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Ok??

Did I hear correctly that it was his first time as a long snapper? If so, pretty foolish move.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:47 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:35 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
He looked like the best back in the league last night. He is quick and runs harder than any RB in the league. His run last night drew comparisons to the Lasane run against UM. It was unbelievable. On the last score in overtime, he was the lead BLOCKER and he took out the LB then recovered and kept his momentum and destroyed Hauck. This kid will play on Sundays.
Wait till you see this Isaiah Ifanse kid outta Montana State...

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:11 pm

We've been exposed starting with Idaho. I just knew that was going to happen. A good quarterback can eat up a team that blitzs alot and Dunniway isn't even that good. We might have a chance against Weber next week because Barron isn't very good. Not sure we can stop their run game. I think his receivers are better than SACs. They have a good defense though and I don't know if we can score 20 points on them.

Hauck was a huge mistake as if you didn't already know that.

Go Dark Brandon!!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:42 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:47 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:35 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wait till you see this Isaiah Ifanse kid outta Montana State...
Boy he must be very good to compare him to Skatterboo! 😲

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:23 am

I don't know how many of you are on twitter but this game... to say gris nation isn't handling this loss well is putting it mildly.

This is just a taste of how they have been all over https://twitter.com/BigSkyCommish/statu ... jkzhdteRjA

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

Kadeezy
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Kadeezy » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:36 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:23 am
I don't know how many of you are on twitter but this game... to say gris nation isn't handling this loss well is putting it mildly.

This is just a taste of how they have been all over https://twitter.com/BigSkyCommish/statu ... jkzhdteRjA
I knew eGriz would be up in arms after we beat them, but my god, they are in full meltdown mode all across the internet! Even on Sacramento based businesses HVAC ads! Lol

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:19 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:

Love this response.

https://twitter.com/SacBee_JoeD/status/ ... 7987854337

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:20 am

Where will the wrath of gris nation be focused next week? Tune in and see...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:32 am

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:19 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:

Love this response.

https://twitter.com/SacBee_JoeD/status/ ... 7987854337
The grisslies are only a hollowed out shell of what they once were. For the longest time there was a magic spell cast on that program that made sure they won games even in the craziest of circumstances. It was like a foregone conclusion that they were going to win. TBH, it was Cat fans back in the day that said really stupid stuff like blaming the refs for a loss. This Twitter meltdown is truly an epic representation of how far that program has fallen. Ouch.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:12 pm

The Twitter meltdown including blurrier and blurrier screenshots of the play does give off some serious vibes of a far less funny version of Kramer and Newman trying to find the second spitter. We're kidding ourselves though if we don't think there would be MSU fans doing the same thing had that call gone against us instead of them.

St George

Post by St George » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:15 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:

A lot of their posts over in egriz end in dick measuring contests. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:10 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:

In other news, water is wet and the sun sets in the west. :lol:

GO CATS GO!!!

4KornerKat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 4KornerKat » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:23 pm

Watching idaho/sac game. Egriz may have had a point about #46(the guy ejected for targeting qb). Seems to p push what's acceptable every play.